Does R??is??n Murphy get strutlove?

bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central

05's "ruby blue" and last years "overpowered" get alot of play at my house.The production is tight, and I think her voice is perfect for electronica.What says the strut?

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I prefered her when she was in Moloko.

I thought as a pop act she brought something fresh, but I found her solo stuff a bit . Which is a shame cause I like Matthew Herbert's production work also.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I prefered her when she was in Moloko.

I thought as a pop act she brought something fresh, but I found her solo stuff a bit . Which is a shame cause I like Matthew Herbert's production work also.

Yeah, preferred the Moloko stuff. I liked her tight sweater.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    'let me know' is a banger. vid is kinda boring but great song

dont like her stuff w herbert as much

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Haven't heard her new album yet though saw it got decent reviews from the press.

Have always been kind of selective on the music she makes - seem to remember that first Moloko album verging between reasonably inspired to plain silly - but really like her voice. Her performance on HBMS's first album is one of the highlights for me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Im not a Moloko Fan but I copped Ruby Blue when it came out and listened to it twice.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    big big herbert fan so obviously Ruby Blue is a winner in my books. "if we're in love" & "off on it" are the clear winners off that album for moi.

Herbert's rmx of Moloko's "Sing It Back" is classic material.

big big herbert fan so obviously Ruby Blue is a winner in my books. "if we're in love" & "off on it" are the clear winners off that album for moi.

Herbert's rmx of Moloko's "Sing It Back" is classic material.

The rmx is heat but did Herbert produce Ruby Blue entirely? I thought it was her project.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    yeah herbert produced Ruby Blue in its entirety. She had a desire to work w/ him after liking the remixes he did over the years for Moloko.

The new album "Overpowered" was done by a bunch of people, including Seiji. Herbert had no involvement in this one as far as I know.

yeah herbert produced Ruby Blue in its entirety. She had a desire to work w/ him after liking the remixes he did over the years for Moloko.

Cool. I'm a Herbert fan, and I never return to this album.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Totally diggin' the new boogie flavor on this track. Super NICE...and I like the humorous vibe of her videos as well.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    moloko's 'the time is now' is also hot

• moloko's 'the time is now' is also hot

No.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

No.
    yes

• moloko's 'the time is now' is also hot

No.
    yes

OK, i will admit that it's over exposure that has forced me to dislike it over time...

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Her performance on HBMS's first album is one of the highlights for me.

• those are some long-ass car comercials.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    I have a few of her 12"s that are on a brazilian/broken beat vibe. I actually never knew she was in moloko until recently. Guess im mad

• Overpowered =

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    She is from just down the road from me in wicklow, so respect that. and she is a great singer as well. recent producers haven't been providing the beats she deserves unfortunatly

on a local tip two great producers

http://www.myspace.com/deepburial

http://www.myspace.com/sarsparillamusic

and on a topical oscars note.. also in residence, daniel day lewis just picks one up

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Totally diggin' the new boogie flavor on this track. Super NICE...and I like the humorous vibe of her videos as well.

It kinda has a michael jackson feel that I can't put my finger on.

interesting.

- spidey

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    That footage when she accidentally bashed her jaw while performing on stage is nuts. She was dancing and being all sexy and shaking it and she smacked into a stool. Some backyard wrestling shit really. You can't even find it on youtube.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts

No.
    yes

OK, i will admit that it's over exposure that has forced me to dislike it over time...

not me. love that track. fond memories of them playing it at glastonbury when it first came out. it rained all weekend but the clouds opened during that song

met her in the flesh a while back, off the blap-o-meter