The Rockadelic PB&J Thread

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Are you gonna eat one? If so, what kind of bread/peanut butter/jelly will you use? I would urge you to not delay your happiness, but also to not go into this lightly.Godspeed!

Comments

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Plaese to explain your icon?

• I own a Texas-shaped waffle iron. I also own a Texas ice cube tray (and cake pan), but they aren't as cool.

Now, back to the fact that Rockadelic has never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

• PB&J is

Cheap and tasty! and if you want to switch it up PB and Banana!

Don't over do it though, PB&J gets old with the quickness...

Damn, eat them shits Rock! You'll thanks us later

• Are you gonna eat one? If so, what kind of bread/peanut butter/jelly will you use?

I would urge you to not delay your happiness, but also to not go into this lightly.

Godspeed!

The real question is: Will the bread get toasted?

Toasted wheat bread, blueberry jam, and peanut butter.

I feel sorry for young most, never to know the pleasure of a PB&J.

Anyone here fuck w/ this:

• Cheap and tasty! and if you want to switch it up PB and Banana!

YES!

'Specially w/ some

drizzled upon.

ps. Ross, I'm feeling the Texas Waffle Iron. Good Lookin.

• Man, I LOVE me some PB&J, and it galls me that I can't send my kids to school with any peanut butter (it's an allergen so it's pretty much prohibited in most pre-schools). What next? Baloney???? C'mon...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I own a Texas-shaped waffle iron. I also own a Texas ice cube tray (and cake pan), but they aren't as cool.

If beef wasn't being recalled left and right, you should check out the Texas shaped burger they sell at the HEB's here.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Man, I LOVE me some PB&J, and it galls me that I can't send my kids to school with any peanut butter (it's an allergen so it's pretty much prohibited in most pre-schools). What next? Baloney???? C'mon...

Yeah, but you know they'd be soggy by lunch anyway. Unless you know the secret...

• loves me some PBJ...I like it with Smucker's Red Plum Jam and on cheap ass wheat bread(Roman meal, store brand wheat, etc)

as far as Nutella...try it on an toasted english muffin with cream cheese...holy shit its good!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I never get tire of PB&J's...still eat 2 of them for lunch 2 or 3 times a week.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Anyone here fuck w/ this:

I definitely fucks with this, but not in sandwiches. I put in on my homemade crepes along with bananas. (I sound white)

I gotta cosine on the PB and honey. I've been meaning to get on that but I keep forgetting to by honey at the store.

Anyone ever made a PB and Cheerios sandwich? It's cool to try once.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Yeah, but you know they'd be soggy by lunch anyway. Unless you know the secret...

A thin layer of butter?

• Anyone ever made a PB and Cheerios sandwich? It's cool to try once.

You sound stoned.

• if you're going to try your first pb&j please make sure the bread is soft. I think they are nice on cheap bread, like safeway whole wheat. Fancy breads fuck it up. Dry breads make it nasty, but a nice fresh simple bread will make it nice and enjoyable.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

A thin layer of butter?

That'll work, as will peanut butter on both sides with the jelly in the middle. My mom didn't figure that out until I was pretty much too old to be bringing PB&J to school. Soggy bread sucks.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i like pb&j waffles. after years of using bread i realized that the waffle works best. stays crispy if you flip the waffle (off the plate so the condensation doesnt dry them out... i actually flip em once or twice since i cut each sandwich in half)

and yes i make two at a time and am fat....

....but i loves them so.

ps: safeway waffles suck like patrick during gulpfest in the 'stro

• I feel sorry for young most, never to know the pleasure of a PB&J.

HE WASN'T RAISED LIKE THAT!

AND I AM ENVIOUS FOR I HAVE NEVER KNOWN THE PLEASURE OF A WARM PUPUSA!

• I feel sorry for young most, never to know the pleasure of a PB&J.

HE WASN'T RAISED LIKE THAT!

AND I AM ENVIOUS FOR I HAVE NEVER KNOWN THE PLEASURE OF A WARM PUPUSA!

I'm DEATHLY allergic to peanuts. So i can't come close to Peanut Butter. I even tried buying "Fake peanut" peanut butter and it was disgusting.

Anaphylactic shock, the most severe type of anaphylaxis, occurs when an allergic response triggers a quick release from mast cells of large quantities of immunological mediators (histamines, prostaglandins, leukotrienes) leading to systemic vasodilation (associated with a sudden drop in blood pressure) and edema of bronchial mucosa (resulting in bronchoconstriction and difficulty breathing). Anaphylactic shock can lead to death in a matter of minutes if left untreated.

I SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN.

• ps. Ross, I'm feeling the Texas Waffle Iron. Good Lookin.

Somebody wants a hogg for dinner.

sacre bleau!

• ps. Ross, I'm feeling the Texas Waffle Iron. Good Lookin.

Somebody wants a hogg for dinner.

sacre bleau!

I believe the phrase you're after is sacre bleu balls.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm so friggin sick today I can't even eat a Saltine cracker.

Will probably skip the PB&J

I've also never tasted Coffee.....ever.

• Anyone here fuck w/ this:

I think it's foul but I keep a bottle on hand at the crib for female visitors. I have yet to meet one that doesn't love that stuff.

my condiment game be tight.

• I'm so friggin sick today I can't even eat a Saltine cracker.

Will probably skip the PB&J

I'd wait until you feel better to try a PB&J. And don't worry--I won't think you're poor.

So wait...this is the UNcaffeinated Rock? Please to maintain your coffee abstention. Looks like you don't need it.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

why?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

why?

My Mom used to brew 3-4 pyrex pots of heavy duty coffee a day and I hated the smell of it.

I've also never smoked a cigarette....when I was about 5 I told my Father I wanted to smoke(he smoked 3 packs a day) and he made me smoke an entire cigar.. I turned green and got sick......never wanted to smoke again....until the 7th grade when I discovered wacky tabacky.

I think it's foul but I keep a bottle on hand at the crib for female visitors. I have yet to meet one that doesn't love that stuff. actually use it

MADRONE SATURDAY BTW, BEEEYTICH

I think it's foul but I keep a bottle on hand at the crib for female visitors. I have yet to meet one that doesn't love that stuff. actually use it

MADRONE SATURDAY BTW, BEEEYTICH

your boy will be in LA mayne.

but I know you can handle the busty bar tender without me.

avoid the fernet + bud bottle special. IT'S A TRAP.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    try

for

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

why?
    seriously.
    1) just start with the coffee with tons of sugar in it. nothing fancy-- just some folgers or something.
    2) reduce the sugar content over time.
    3) drink black coffee. DRINK IT.
    4) slowly succumb to addiction.

i cannot imagine functioning without a couple cups of coffee in the morning. i get pretty bad caffeine withdrawal headaches.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    try