Jose James

paquelaspaquelas 206 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
soulstrut seal of approval or

Comments

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    i like it and soil and pimps sessions are dope too.

• ericeric 155 Posts

mad dope, the 2008 gil scott heron.
    I'd like to hear more of him on that kind of beat's.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

So that's not on his album then? I heard an advance of The Dreamer which, possibly partly due to the hype preceding it, left me very underwhelmed. This suits his voice far better and would be interested in hearing him do more in this style.

• I ride - love the album and the white label 10" w/ the Coltrane cover. Check out his singing on this recent Japanese cover of "Night in tunesia":

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts

• James is really dope. Learned about both him and Elan Mehler through Gilles Petersons radio show. He also has a dope dope jazz special podcast session with both of them playing with Soil & Pimp.

Peep here for download: http://www.gillespetersonworldwide.com/podcasts.php?start=0

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts

• I am feeling this.

• This shall be copped. He's no Mikah 9, though.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

This is fresh. I'll keep an eye out. What Flying Lotus release is this song from? I want to cop and play, but I can't seem to find any info.

• This is dope. I think i got a smapler of his stuff awhile back but never got a chance to listen to it. I gotta dig that back up.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

That song is dope but I'm really liking this pic. HoLmes looks happy and humble. I can dig it.

Does anybody have any NON-DivShare links?