Options

Looking for good "acid" type looping software Mac

edited February 2008 in Strut Central
And a serial number for PeakJust got a mac book pro and im itching to make beats..."sold my mpc 3000"

Comments

• Serialz.to for Serialbox for Mac.

Logic Express might do an OK job for a looping tool...

It's only $199 for a legit version, or you can prolly find it on piratebay.org...

• im messing with Audacity. it does the job but takes 3 times longer then acid pro. and has fewer features. if you find a program better or even close to acid pro please share because audacity is driving me crazy. i wish there was adobe audition for mac as well. i do have reason 4.0. great program but i do miss the unlimited tracks available on acid pro.

bottomfeeder

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

Logic Express might do an OK job for a looping tool...

It's only $199 for a legit version, or you can prolly find it on piratebay.org...

easy to find cracked versions.

• Options
    what is that logo

• garage band?

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Abelton

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    cant you just get the Windows clone program and run Acid on a Mac?

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    you can run boot camp, standard with leopard, which lets you partition your hard drive and run windows programs. Never tried it, but I hear it works.

• Options
    cant you just get the Windows clone program and run Acid on a Mac?

I was hoping for this, I haven't looked into yet.

• you can run boot camp, standard with leopard, which lets you partition your hard drive and run windows programs. Never tried it, but I hear it works.

How reliable is this program? Been on the fence over saving money and getting a pc or shelling out for a mac... All of my music software is pc based though...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Not sure, like I said, I've never done it, just know it's possible.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    you can run boot camp, standard with leopard, which lets you partition your hard drive and run windows programs. Never tried it, but I hear it works.

How reliable is this program? Been on the fence over saving money and getting a pc or shelling out for a mac... All of my music software is pc based though...

Boot camp is just a boot manager (sits on the first part of your harddrive and allows you to choose what operating system you want to run) you can't run windows programs inside of the mac os x operating system with bootcamp (why would you want to run two OSes at once?)

Installing windows on a MAC is DEAD simple. You go into applications, find the bootcamp program, there you will create any size partition you want to install windows onto, reboot, go through a standard windows install. When that is all completed you put your Panther disk back in which has all the drivers and everything you need and it autoinstalls everything.

From that point on you can hold down option when booting up your Mac and you can choose from Windows or OS X. You can access files from either drive on either OS.

Dead stable, the same as a standalone PC.

There are some other programs out there that allow you to run Windows programs in OS X but I really wouldn't suggest it unless it is a simple program (accounting or something, no music/video stuff) or if you have a badass tower loaded with RAM proccessors, etc.

• Options
    Boot Camp does work flawlessly, we have it at work for checking websites we design on PC's.

Guru looks dope! I'm dling the Demo now.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Boot Camp does work flawlessly, we have it at work for checking websites we design on PC's.

Guru looks dope! I'm dling the Demo now.

You can easily find Guru as a "free" download. Thank me later.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    has guru stepped it up with recent versions? i remember trying it out bitd and thinking it had potential but forgot what was bothering me about it

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    has guru stepped it up with recent versions? i remember trying it out bitd and thinking it had potential but forgot what was bothering me about it

Yeah it doesn't have decay.. that was my main beef with it. I'm still using Battery2 in conjunction with an MPC. Not the most stable program, but it runs pretty well within Logic. If you're used to an MPC, incorporating Battery will speed up your workflow considerably.