In a Bind...Need Photoshop/Flyer Help Immediately

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Long story short...a hip-hop resource center foundation I run is teaching an afterschool program at a middle school starting in 2 weeks. Day after tomorrow we're setting up a table for an orientation where the kids in the program choose which of the various subjects they'd like to take. We've already got our posterboard all layed out and we're going to be playing records and our presentation is all ready to go. We had also planned to pass out flyers and we came up with a concept for those flyers and commissioned a young local artist to illustrate it. Problem becomes twofold in that the kid dragged his feet on getting the flyer back to us and in the shape its in as of now, we can't really use it. So as I have seen some of y'all are Photoshop wizards and I have a feeling one of you can knock the flyer out in a brief amount of time. If interested in doing this for us...we'd need a finished product by 10AM Central tomorrow...the flyer would not only get used for a good cause, and not only at the one middle school but at many other schools after that, but we'd also be able to pay you a little money for your effort. So here's the concept:The primary background is a big speaker cone. Imagine being at a club or an old school park jam or standing next to someone's slab...a big ass speaker vibrating like crazy. A photo of an actual speaker could certainly be used if need-be. Nestled up to the very middle of that speaker is a group of 4 kids. Their silhouettes (or not) are kinda suspended in air in perfect listening position. They look like dwarves to the giant speaker and they are caught up in the music, all facing into the speaker. They're dancing for sure, one proobably even has a mic that's being rhymed into.Then shooting out of the middle of the speaker are slight tracer lines that lead down below the crowd of dancers but outward off of the page into your face to a series of 4 flat-screen panels. On those panels would be 1. a record, 2. a mic, 3. an image of a breakdancer, and 4. a can of spray paint. Beneath the panels it would read 1. Mixing, 2. Rapping, 3. Dancing, and 4. Graphics. At the top of the flyer, it should read: (in small print) Demonstrations by an All-Star line-up of DJ's, Dancers, MC's, and Graphic Artists (in the largest print) Destiny by Design(in the next to largest print) "Choose Your Path, Create Your Future" At the bottom of the flyer, it should read:Sponsored by the Narcisse-Banks Community Resource CenterAnd that's it. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to put together in an appealing to inner city middle school kids quality way. So please, if you are bored tonight and would like to help us out...please do. I can PM you an email address where to send a submission. And if it's accepted, I'll be sending you some $. Thank you in advance...I know this is a shot in the dark, but I figured I try it out anyway. http://www.myspace.com/narcissebanks

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    This image with the JVC taken out might be a good place to start....

Damn, I should have picked up Photoshop somewhere along the way by now.

• I'd help you, but I think you hate me.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Although this is seemingly for a good cause, this thread is comic gold in the making.

I'd help you, but I think you hate me.

I'll go ahead and admit to owning a Why? record just to show you how committed I now am to turning that "hate" into love.

Thank you.

• I was teasing you.

I'd actually do it for you, but I'm not so good at doing anything serious. If you told me what font you wanted or anything more specific I could try it, but I'm better at the funnies. If you need Wilford Brimley to bite someone's head off let me know.

I got a pm from someone saying they're on the case.

Thank the chemtrailed-spiked heavens.

Just when I go and doubt my teenaged neighborhood illustrator, he comes through with a completely revamped version of the flyer that fits the bill.

I'll post it up tomorrow once I'm 100% certain it's a wrap.

Thanks to Dat Boi Drew for this one:

And a big Anticon-sized thanks to bobbydee for this one:

We're going to use both of them.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    These are both surprisingly adequate.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    The second is far superior.