The Official Breaking Bad Thread

Comments

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    the only problem with last week's episode was that, if you've seen any Spike Lee movies, you immediately knew the fast food manager was "the guy".

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

I posted more extensive thoughts in that thread, but I need to reiterate here that this is the best thing on TV right now. Folks need to get familiar. Better call Saul.

• OH! MY! GOD!!!

that was pretty !

• this is the best thing on TV right now.

Well, nobody over at that other board is willing to discuss it so I'll see if anyone here watched the finale last night. My feeling is that people will be sharply divided about the ending. I thought it was a great way to finish up one of the best seasons of television ever.

• watched it twice. i was expecting some kind of cliffhanger to make me salivate the next season but i didnt really get one.

i wonder if homie with the chicken spot will still stay in business with walt now that he knows his bro in law is a dea agent. my guess is probably not. then again when he told him that walt had lung cancer he seemed genuinely concerned, but maybe only for his own well being?

ultimately i think things will get a lot worse for walt and co. before they get better.

was there any significance to the pink bunny rabbit at the end? i seem to remember seeing it before, somewhere in the season. at first i thought it was walts new babies and that his wife and kids were on the plane, but after watching it twice i realized that couldnt be the case.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    at first i thought it was walts new babies and that his wife and kids were on the plane, but after watching it twice i realized that couldnt be the case.

wow, i did not pick up on that, but that would be an amazing way to start the next season....and it kinda makes sense.

walt is the protagonist yet it will be tough to root for him as a drug making scientist if his health and family are no longer an issue. however, if his wife and kids die then maybe a 3rd season would be shaped on him as either the f*ck it, i have nothing to live for meth cooker, or...as the vigilante/out for justice counterpart to his brother in law. in either case, i could see him as still being the hero....but otherwise, i think Walt the science teacher doesn't make for good tv.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    watched it twice. i was expecting some kind of cliffhanger to make me salivate the next season but i didnt really get one.

i wonder if homie with the chicken spot will still stay in business with walt now that he knows his bro in law is a dea agent. my guess is probably not. then again when he told him that walt had lung cancer he seemed genuinely concerned, but maybe only for his own well being?

ultimately i think things will get a lot worse for walt and co. before they get better.

was there any significance to the pink bunny rabbit at the end? i seem to remember seeing it before, somewhere in the season. at first i thought it was walts new babies and that his wife and kids were on the plane, but after watching it twice i realized that couldnt be the case.

awesome television series, perfection. Who are in the white body bags at the end in his driveway after the crash? Bodies from the sky. Brilliant episode, I didn't know it was the last of season.

I don't ever recall television showing two planes colliding with the aftermath.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im just happy that girl is dead
    f*cking hell

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

Well, nobody over at that other board is willing to discuss it so I'll see if anyone here watched the finale last night. My feeling is that people will be sharply divided about the ending. I thought it was a great way to finish up one of the best seasons of television ever.

I was out of the country when the last two episodes of the season aired. I just caught them online. Second to last episode was as good as any other. I'm still not sure what to make of the last episode. I might have to watch it again. I feel a bit ripped off and fooled by the ending. If Walt never knows that he was indirectly/partially responsible for the plane crash, then what's the point of that plot twist? Just to fool everyone? I don't know.

My prayers to Santa Muerte have been answered, Breaking Bad is back.

Only a little discussion so far on the other board. This should be a very exciting season, I hope you guys are watching or at least catching up on seasons one and two now.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    I just finished season one. HOLY F*ck. Best tv I've watched since The Wire.

• best thing on tv at the moment that i know of.

season 3 off to a great start.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Downloaded E1S3 last night. Can't wait. S2 was GREAT!

I was out of the country when the last two episodes of the season aired. I just caught them online. Second to last episode was as good as any other. I'm still not sure what to make of the last episode. I might have to watch it again. I feel a bit ripped off and fooled by the ending. If Walt never knows that he was indirectly/partially responsible for the plane crash, then what's the point of that plot twist? Just to fool everyone? I don't know.

So, just like I wanted, my questions were answered by the first episode of the new season. The only thing about Breaking Bad is that it always has me amped on a Sunday night at 11, when I need to get up at 6 the next morning. It's worth it though. Looking forward to episode 2.

• So good to have this show back.
    Great season opener imo.
    :minor spoiler:

Does anybody know what is up with crawling towards that shrine like that? Is this some kind of tradition?

• Great photos!
    I remember seing something about this on VBS.tv a couple of months ago, in their documentary about the snuffy tabloid "Alarma!".

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/vbs-news/alarma-1-of-3

(Note: Not for the faint at heart, bodies and severed heads r-)
    [

Wow. This season is gonna be great!

Yeah, these guys:

Walt, you need to

• another great episode. having to wait a week for the next one is painful. i sort of wiish i had discovered this show after the fact (like the wire or carnivale) so i could just watch episodes back to back.

Wow. This season is gonna be great!

Yeah, these guys:

Walt, you need to

POLLOS

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    That episode ruled, lots of momentum...

Looks like Jesse is taking it to the next level
    buying the house was straight

Yeah, that shit was cold!

In the last 4 minutes of last night's episode, I was checking the clock and wondering what kind of shit could go down in that small amount of time. Excellent episode.

Yeah, that shit was cold!

In the last 4 minutes of last night's episode, I was checking the clock and wondering what kind of shit could go down in that small amount of time. Excellent episode.

ICE COLD. He's a bad guy.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Can anyone explain to me the reason they broke out after getting the Pollos text?
    I know what pollos refers to but not sure why they left.

Show is awesome so far.

• the text was a signal that alerted the mexican hitmen that walter was untouchable and under the protection of the chicken dude. the inference, i believe is that the mexican dudes actually worked for him or at the very least could be kept in check with one word, indicating the all powerfullness of chicken kingpin.
    this is goign to be the best season yet...

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Oh thats odd. Pollos is usually a term to describe like a group of illegals being passed by Coyotes. Didn't know thats what it meant on the show.

That scene was crazy, my heart was racing when he stepped into the room.

• interesting, i didnt realize the word had that connotation .mind you gil scott heron talks about that in "alien"--- how the mexican illegals are considered "chickens to be plucked".

maybe my interpretation of the final scene was off. any other takes?