digitalizing yer wax

JustaloniousJustalonious 54 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
ok....I have been getting ready for my microwave debut by digitalifying my vinyl. Is there some software that can take a big, long .wav and find the track separations for you? Plaese to help a vinyl head break from the past and enter the BRAVE NEW WORLD. I want to rip my wax and not play the foul mp3s that the kids blather on about. I am spending mucho hours manually separating the tracks. Please to halp!

Comments

• It's Late!

I'm Drunk!

I will respond to my original post with....

A Threadjack!

Review Of The Multimix 12 Firewire By Alesis:

I bought this from the lab. It was 200 dollars cheaper than the center. 32 bit recording (which turns out to be 24 with a float). Connects to the PC with Firewire.

Works great. Before, I had my Vestex 05 going into an M-Audio soundcard with RCA inputs. The Alesis has a cleaner sound, and I can really tell the difference between the 16 bit and the 32 bit. The difference really becomes clear in the mid-bass at high volumes. Much easier on the ears.....

Conclusion: This shit takes a long time! I have a LOT of records. I mean a Frickin' assload! If I stop buying records RIGHT NOW, it will take me several YEARS to get through my various piles...I think this is a good thing. I have recorded 2 or 3 hundred already, and I really enjoyed just listening to the whole record as it was recorded. Even the one-trackers get a full listen! I highly recommend this experience. Plus, I will soon kick microwave ass with my 32 bits. Eat a dick MP3 DJS!

Any one else moving to the new?

• I will not help you.

• So Cold young Dolo!

Do I not slave in the dusty hell as you? Do I not breath mold and kneel in the most foul as you in search of the gemmy gems?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    in search of the gemmy gems

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    ok....

I have been getting ready for my microwave debut by digitalifying my vinyl. Is there some software that can take a big, long .wav and find the track separations for you? Plaese to help a vinyl head break from the past and enter the BRAVE NEW WORLD. I want to rip my wax and not play the foul mp3s that the kids blather on about. I am spending mucho hours manually separating the tracks. Please to halp!

you could prob run a search and find dozens of threads that would help any problems you may have. dozens. at least one week for a few years.

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post1026164

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post1038720

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post1046498

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I am spending mucho hours manually separating the tracks. Please to halp!

I spend the same hours. The quality is worth it, but the time consumed is large. And when you have a toddler, you don't get very far very fast. Oh well.

JRoot

PS Thanks to everyone who had the suggestions in the memory thread.