"The Conversation" OST

ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Did this ever come out on vinyl????

Comments

• don't think there was a lp released. but maybe a title track 45 or something?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I remember a thread about this on Vinyl Vulture a while ago. I think something came out in Japan, but yeah, might not be a whole lp.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Can't help with the soundtrack, but Harry Caul's office is up 16th Street from where I work. I made a pilgrimage to recreate an iconic shot:

Screen Grab

PS: 2K, bitches!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    What a freaked out movie. Every time I see a Virgin Mary figurine in a room, I try to lower my voice because the Man might be listening.

• it never came out, only recently they issued it for the first time !

http://www.soundtrack.net/albums/database/?id=2814

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Screen Grab

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Can't help with the soundtrack, but Harry Caul's office is up 16th Street from where I work. I made a pilgrimage to recreate an iconic shot:

Screen Grab

PS: 2K, bitches!

well done! I know I've been on that block during visits to the area and never made the connection.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Nice pic man. Yeah that movie is a little creepy but I find that mot movies from that era were like that and also that they usually weren't afraid to have bad endings...
    Nowadays if they were to remake that movie they would make Gene Hackman have special skills(i.e. trained by the marines or some sh*t) and he would go after them or some sh*t. Kind of "A la Bourne Identity" ....
    For the first 20 minutes or so I thought this was in the 60's cuz the musical selection was more of that era. I stilllike it but I would of casted Lalo for this score....

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    One of my favorite movies ever.

Cool photo!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    One of my favorite movies ever.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Just added to my netflix queue, I want to know what all the hype is bout.

• One of my favorite movies ever.

the mystery...the sense of dread... the last 10 minutes!!! oh man.

• It came out, as a 45 us&jap, apparently those two issues are two different takes ..

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Just added to my netflix queue, I want to know what all the hype is bout.

Two things I didn't realize about the movie, 1. Its a FFCoppola flick 2. Didn't know it had Robert Duvall in it, which he is not even mentioned on the first set of credits before the movie starts.

The movie is known for having SF as s backdrop. I didn't think it displayed SF enough.

Whats the deal with the girl he goes over to see laying in the bed? I couldn't figure that out. She doesn't know anything about him. Thats what made this film even more twisted.

The scene of him tearing ever square inch of his apartment apart was nuts. I think we have all had that feeling before when looking for something.

• It came out, as a 45 us&jap, apparently those two issues are two different takes ..

that 's