2»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dudes. Breath. Deeply. It's Feb. Chill.

• FUCK

HILLARY GOT CALI

FUCK THIS. I'M GOING TO GET TO THE GYM AND CRY BETWEEN REPS

fuck this

I'm not voting in the presidential election.

This is not the appropriate reaction.

FUCK

HILLARY GOT CALI

fuck this

Seriously. You'd rather just hand McCain the presidency? Fuck. That.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    KNEE JERK IN THE HOUSE! Can't a man vent on the internet without meaning it?
    I've voted in EVERY election for as long as I can remember.

still...

• FUCK

HILLARY GOT CALI

fuck this

cosizzler

i'll ride for hillary. although im not sitting next to ann coulter

• FUCK

HILLARY GOT CALI

fuck this

true. but if the second worse thing happens I'll begrudgingly casting my vote for hillary.

fuck..i had to pause and "bleeeeacccchhh" when I typed that.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts

It aint over til it's over, or I should crotchet my own clothes?

• true. but if the second worse thing happens I'll begrudgingly casting my vote for hillary.

fuck..i had to pause and "bleeeeacccchhh" when I typed that.

pat. she'll be okay. better than the boat load of schmucks weve had before her.
    im no big fan. but she is far from stupid and far from a republican

gonna be a tough sell to the middle of the country,though

too

• I can't believe Hillary did so well in CA.

Isn't this state known for latching on to new, wacky candidates??

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Folks really think this Dem race was settled tonight? Seems like it just got way more interesting...

• Folks really think this Dem race was settled tonight? Seems like it just got way more interesting...
    it's definately not even close to over. Although being a CA citizen, I was really hoping for Obama to take it.
    I'd take Edwards over Clinton.

No, California on the whole is pretty conservative.

- Governator
    - Recall
    - Pete Wilson
    - Deukemejian
    - Reagan

etc

- Governator
    - Recall
    - Pete Wilson
    - Deukemejian
    - Reagan

Well, it definitely has an identity crisis and californians can't make up their mind, but I don't think you can say the state is "pretty conservative" in presidential elections. Clinton in 1992 & 96, then Gore in 00, Kerry in 04. Plus liberal on social issues, which I thought would bode better for Obama.

- Governator
    - Recall
    - Pete Wilson
    - Deukemejian
    - Reagan

Well, it definitely has an identity crisis and californians can't make up their mind, but I don't think you can say the state is "pretty conservative" in presidential elections. Clinton in 1992 & 96, then Gore in 00, Kerry in 04. Plus liberal on social issues, which I thought would bode better for Obama.

It's not so much of an identity crisis as very broad swaths of, yes, conservative politics in addition to the liberal centers. Add a significant immigrant community, a libertarian streak up north, office park suburban sprawl, and you have a very MOR state.

I don't see voting for Kerry/Gore/Clinton as being defacto "liberal". The Republican party is significant in CA.

California is a Blue state but it has a lot of conservative tendencies, especially depending on what regions you're talking about.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I think its a bit weird that people are so gung ho for obama, but soooo against hillary.

I mean, are their policies really that different?

Hillary's made a few more mistakes, but shes had a lot more time in which to do so.

other than that, who cares? Just not mccain!!

• It's not so much of an identity crisis as very broad swaths of, yes, conservative politics in addition to the liberal centers.

Yeah, people tend to think of SF and Berkeley as representative of California on the whole, but if you drive an hour in any direction, you're back in America.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I think its a bit weird that people are so gung ho for obama, but soooo against hillary.

Hillary's made a few more mistakes, but shes had a lot more time in which to do so.

Well, a bunch of people are choosing Obama over Hillary because Hillary represents John McCain's best shot at winning.

• It's not so much of an identity crisis as very broad swaths of, yes, conservative politics in addition to the liberal centers. Add a significant immigrant community, a libertarian streak up north, office park suburban sprawl, and you have a very MOR state.

That's what I was getting at by "identity crisis": multiple factions with conflicting agendas. Like O said, it's on the whole "blue," and Obama did pretty well in the midwest, so I was surprised he didn't get more of a bump. Maybe I was blinded living in democratic area.

I don't see voting for Kerry/Gore/Clinton as being defacto "liberal".

I see what you're saying, but versus to Bush I & II?

Anyhow -

Measure E passed in long beach, which is good. Proposition 92 didn't go through either - Oliver you voted no on this right? The teacher's union was rallying against it.

Measure E passed in long beach, which is good. Proposition 92 didn't go through either - Oliver you voted no on this right? The teacher's union was rallying against it.

Yeah, I went with the union and voted no on it.

What was Measure E? I don't live in Long Beach so I'm

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Measure E passed in long beach,
    What was Measure E? I don't live in Long Beach so I'm

All my mom's peoples live in the LBC. What's up with measure E?

• I think its a bit weird that people are so gung ho for obama, but soooo against hillary.

im with u dude. have you guys forgotten the last 8 years? almost anything is better than that.

• I think its a bit weird that people are so gung ho for obama, but soooo against hillary.

im with u dude. have you guys forgotten the last 8 years? almost anything is better than that.

if y'all Obama riders end up losing the primary, you better pull yourselves together with a quickness and devote that energy to registering voters, rallying friends, etc. to vote for Hillary. don't let an Obama defeat kill the momentum to drive the GOP from the White House. that would be a huge mistake. I will ride hard for whoever gets the Dem nomination.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

If the Dems, for once, have a dynamic, engaging, pretty damn inspiring candidate, and pass him over for the hated, detached, establishment candidate thats been waiting in line the longest, they'll probably get what they deserve.

But I'll support whoever they nominate...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

if y'all Obama riders end up losing the primary, you better pull yourselves together with a quickness and devote that energy to registering voters, rallying friends, etc. to vote for Hillary. don't let an Obama defeat kill the momentum to drive the GOP from the White House. that would be a huge mistake. I will ride hard for whoever gets the Dem nomination.

I didn't ride for Gore.

I rode hard for Kerry.

I feel better about my actions in 2000. I feel all creepy about 2004.

I know that what I did in 2004 was necessary and I will do it again for Clinton if I must, but I wont feel good about it, and I'm not giving any money this time.