Dr. Dre - DETOX

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
What's up with this project? Any news on a 2008 release date? Anyone heard any of the tracks? Anyone know who's rapping on it? Please to drop knowledge on an album that I've been hearing about since almost before 2001.

Comments

• All i know is reading that Ronin Ro biobook on Dre made me not like Dre at all..

• All i know is reading that Ronin Ro biobook on Dre made me not like Dre at all..

haven't had a chance to read it.

care to drop some bio nuggets?

• lamaslamas 39 Posts
    is he wearing a woman's suit or is that picture reversed?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I suspect he will deliver, since he always has.

• is he wearing a woman's suit or is that picture reversed?

I dunno but I'm feeling how his eyeballs match the tie and the handerkerchief. next level color coordination.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    LOL...dont tell me they forgot the "red eye" function on the camera...so newbie if so.
    And what the fuck did they do to his hair/cranium??? looks like someone tried to photoshop his face for whatever reason. Anyway...
    Detox is a myth, so people have so many stories. The only stuffs i know is about the producing team. Focus, Nottz, Hi-Tek are in the house. Denaun too if i'm not wrong. Mahogany was around but will he be on the tracklist, who knows...I have no clue about the "ghost/not so ghost writers" he hired. I rememeber someone said that a few recent Dre-produced tracks was originally for Detox but he keep on giving tracks away (ie The Game last LP). I dont know much really...Who does?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    do dre and timbaland train together?

• they do have the same trainer. I don't know why i know that.

• he keep on giving tracks away (ie The Game last LP)

uh, what? could you elaborate on this? I thought it was determined that Dre had no beats on Game's last album.

there was a leak of like 4 or 5 songs that DIDNT appear on the official version...It's one those. My bad. I need to elaborate sometimes...

they do have the same trainer. I don't know why i know that.

you HAVE to be kidding me. it must be the "stack the producer with some whey protein routine" thats working wonders for them. actually i like that as a book title. who's the trainer, i want to ??2008 that.

Dre did the full program...Timbo jut tried to hide his fat. Dude didn't loose enough fat so he built muscle over fat, which is a no-no in the bodybuildng world. Actually, they was making a lot of jokes about Timbo, where as Dre is being praised for his trapezius...No Homo.

AlieNDN : Scratch proteins, add creatine and steroids...that's what it takes.

closer inspection

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    LOOKOUT FOR DETOX!

gremlin possibility:

context- when someone asks about an upcoming speculated event/rumor.

ie)

Question:
    Dude, I heard jesus is coming again?

Answer:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    closer inspection

yes!

i missed the ole AlieNDN

• yes!

i missed the ole AlieNDN

• anybody see the promo ads they've been running lately?

Kind of uncharacteristic for Dre.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    LOOKOUT FOR DETOX!

It's coming out after the Dre/Rakim album, which is coming out after the Dre/Ice Cube album.

• LOOKOUT FOR DETOX!

It's coming out after the Dre/Rakim album, which is coming out after the Dre/Ice Cube album.

which is coming out after the Dre-produced Cuban Linx II...

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Ive heard one song which is apparently off Detox featuring JayZ and Rakim( The Watchers)...dope ass beat, fresh rimes from jigga and R but Dre raps ruin it.... (ah yo Dre stick to producing...) hehehe

Scratch mag ran an article a few issues back about 'detox', supposedly all the inside info, but it was a bunch of bullshit, just innuendo.....

Im more interested in checking the burt bacharach/dr dre joint venture. i read an article saying bacharach was working on a new LP and Dre had either produced the beats, or taught burt how to program drums and lent him some of his own beats to use... but I haven't seen anything in stores.... anyone know anything about that project?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    LOOKOUT FOR DETOX!

Not until the Dre/Outkast album drops.

• LOOKOUT FOR DETOX!

Not until Chinese Democracy drops. I hear Dre is producing it.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    LOOKOUT FOR DETOX!

Not until the Dre/Hitman album drops.

• Ive heard one song which is apparently off Detox featuring JayZ and Rakim( The Watchers)...

This is on The Blueprint 2 LP.

• Today was announced that Detox will not be released in 2008.

AND the reason for it is the stroke of Nate Dogg.

Dre wants to wait till Nate is fully recovered and can record again.

I call that

But its what I read on several news sites.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• i often wonder what dre does all day. if the guy has such a legendary work ethic he should have about 9 detoxes, 3 more chronics, etc. but it really seems like released material from him is few and far between.

Muppet who writes explicit/derogatory/gangster/etc. rhymes at the suits request and backlines the stuff that doesn't fit the mold. Which is why Rakim's shit never came out. Not ignorant enough.

Ever wonder why a grown man with kids would write rhymes about drugging young groupies and humping them all night, killing fools, etc.

gtfoohwtb

everyone who cared enough to click on this thread should stop speculating about Detox and just read the book. it's all in there:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    All i know is reading that Ronin Ro biobook on Dre made me not like Dre at all..

Muppet who writes explicit/derogatory/gangster/etc. rhymes at the suits request and backlines the stuff that doesn't fit the mold. Which is why Rakim's shit never came out. Not ignorant enough.

Ever wonder why a grown man with kids would write rhymes about drugging young groupies and humping them all night, killing fools, etc.

gtfoohwtb

everyone who cared enough to click on this thread should stop speculating about Detox and just read the book. it's all in there:

interesting

how is the rest of the book? Does really detail the early (jheri curlz) days well?

• Mandatory reading.

Seriously.