London craziness

FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
edited July 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
Bombs going off all over the place here - eight so far this morning and maybe another one in Brighton. Hope everyone's okay.

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I hope so too.

:

Near simultaneous explosions rocked the London Underground network and three buses at the morning rush hour, police said, causing injuries and prompting officials to shut down the entire underground transport network.

Some media reports said there were fatalities.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Landline and mobile networks mostly down, no transport, army called out - no-one seems to know what's happening but they hit six underground stations and at least one bus.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Just read about it. Bad news. Hold tight London. Thoughts go out to the victims, friends and relatives.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    damn.
    Whereabout are you in London?
    And were the explosions anywhere near the finacial part of London?

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Six bombs reported. One of them taking the top deck off a bus.

Hold on London.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

We're right between Moorgate and King's Cross stations - three bombs within a mile of here. At least 20 dead on the bus from latest reports.

• ericeric 155 Posts
    they found loaded explosive in the subway....,fo sho no accident

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    best to you londoners.

I don't know about the rest of you who have to, but don't even want to get on the train this morning...

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    Yeah I hope everyone is ok. You say there might be one in Brighton? I work in Brighton and take the train but have been off work and don't have to go til Monday.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Hope all you London cats are ok and keep us posted with whats going on.

Reports saying that "The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe" are responsible.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    There's an awful lot of baseless media speculation going on at the moment. That just seems to be raising panic and fear levels. I wish we could just wait until we have some facts before we start pointing fingers.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    jesus. this is not what i want to hear the day before i leave for europe.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Coming live from London's Glittering West End on the opening day of the G8 summit...

Four explosions. Three on the tube (Edgware Road, Aldgate and Liverpool Street), and one on a bus in Russell Square. Between two and twenty fatalities so far, with official reports maintaining the lower figure. Scores of injured. All public transport on lockdown. No traffic being allowed into Central London. Eye-witness reports on radio and TV are pretty hair-raising.

I took the tube into work as normal this morning, just after 9am. A couple of stations were closed due to "power failure". I was thinking I'll get in nice and quick for a change. A few stops later, we're all taken off the train as the line is being suspended. I get a bus on Holborn, and people are on their mobiles talking about explosions. Traffic is insane, police cars all over the set. I get into work at about ten, and the official line is "a power surge". Then reports come in that a bus in Russell Square got its roof taken off by an explosion, and it becomes clear that shit is getting heavy. Positive news is that people are staying pretty calm, and the police and emergency services are right on top of it. All those emergency rehearsals have paid off. I have a feeling the death toll will rise, but right now, things seem steady. It's gonna take me a while to get home tonight, though...

The bus in Russell Square;

Dude took this on his phone while he was being evacuated through the tunnels on the Northern Line near Kings Cross. Blitz spirit like what.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    thanks for the updates mccoy, i hope all our fellow london strutters are staying healthy...

• ademurademur 33 Posts
    My wife works next to Liverpool St Station the site of the first explosion, she passed through the station 20mins before. Now on her way home, puts this record nonense in perspective eh!

Hope everyone elses friends and family are ok.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    My wife works next to Liverpool St Station the site of the first explosion, she passed through the station 20mins before. Now on her way home, puts this record nonense in perspective eh!

indeed. Stay safe, Londoners!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Wow, crazy news this morning. A friend of mine who is studying in London is safe in Amsterdam, glad to hear that.

Not to be funny or insensitive, but isn't it ironic that this is how the plot from Team America played out? World leaders gathering at the G8/Alex Baldwin conference while terrorists/Kim Jong-Il set a plan like this into action?

Life = Art or Art = Life?

I hope people's friends and loved ones are okay.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    I'm here still... right in the centre of it.
    We heard the bus bomb go off from our office. Everyone has been told to stay where they are. My wife works at Aldgate, right near where the first bomb went off.

Absolute chaos... all Tube and bus services in London are suspended until further notice.

God knows how I'm going to get home tonight... but at least I'm alive to get home.

Anyone else from London, holler and let us know you're OK...

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
    Damn. I'm sorry to hear this. I hope all our friends in london are OK. Keep us posted, guys.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    5pm - hometime...........that's gonna be proper madness.

No public transport period, out of central London......hotels getting booked up, cabs turning down bookings already??

Cerazzy shit. And part time poster Sermad?? He frequently takes the 30 bus to get to work in the morning. Guess which bus went bang-bang this morning....luckily he wasn't on it, but dude was properly vexed.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    5pm - hometime...........that's gonna be proper madness.

No public transport period, out of central London......hotels getting booked up, cabs turning down bookings already??

Cerazzy shit. And part time poster Sermad?? He frequently takes the 30 bus to get to work in the morning. Guess which bus went bang-bang this morning....luckily he wasn't on it, but dude was properly vexed.

I was just gonna ask about him...thank goodness he's ok.

My thoughts go out to all ya'll Londoners...hope everyone else is ok.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    This is fucked up, hope everyone is OK. I just e-mailed all my UK friends and hope to hear from them soon.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Shit... I just woke up...

When I lived in London, you were always semi-aware of possibly bombings. One happened once (I was no where near it). DAMN, This is crazy... I hope all my friends and their families are safe, as well as any strutter. And my heart goes out to anyone hurt and the poor families of lost ones today.

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    I just talked to my people over there and everyone is alright but shaken. My hommie said he was in the tube when it went down-the train that got blew up was the one he missed. whew. it's a real scary world dudes. just sayin.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    this world is breaking me down.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    London people - I hope you feel better. Hold your heads.

- Cos

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Shit, I ride the BART everyday here in the Bay Area. Today I had to go to West Oakland to do an inventory check at my jobs yard and then had to ride back to Berkeley. There were cops everywhere. I was wondering what was going on.

News: http://bart.gov/news/press/news20050707.asp

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I'm riding my bike to work tomorrow.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Just got an email from my cousin in London. He and the rest of my family over there are ok. Everyone in London stay safe, our thoughts are with you.