Clipse "We Got It For Cheap Vol. 3" Just Leaked...

Comments

• I never hear that schitt. It is novel to hear it when I'm out and about.

I play it a lot though.

Don't know what that says about The Clipse's music. I'll leave that to you guys.

GRINDIN'=HOOD CLASSIC
    WHEN'S THE LAST TIME=HOOD CLASSIC
    MA I DON'T LOVE HER= KUFI 11:00 LET'S START THE POARTY CLASSIC

MR ME.TOO= SHOULD OF BEEN HUGE.

I think it says that the Clipse should of be A LOT bigger. I mean, for christs sake, they where on Justin's early stuff....Justin.

• Did you really think that the first two volumes were chock-full of "realism"?

Did you really think that the first two volumes were chock-full of "realism"?

Sheeeeeeit, I was the dude rolling my eyes at the fact that these guys keep insisting (via their rhymes) that they're big-time cook-coke-crack'ers knowing damn well Pharell had them living comfortable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of crack music. Just not a fan of the folks who STAY in character. That's just me, though. I understand the game and what's at risk for a rapper who admits their tales are untrue.

This tape still bores me though. The Clipse don't bore me, mind you, just this tape.

Though I have to say...worse then the dudes who stay in character are dudes who rap like kingpins when it's quite obvious that they were never very deeply involved in "the life." (see: Pharell)

Even worse than that is dudes who very well may have lived a less-exaggerated version of "the life" (see: Clipse) allowing some dude who clearly never lived "the life" rapping quite seriously about living "the life" alongside them (see: Pharell again).

Even more worserer than THAT is well-adjusted, somewhat successful professional types who find it necessary to ridicule others who comment on these matters even though the matter was perceived as far more hateful in their own mind then what was actually typed. (See: Faux_Checks)

Which brings us to the most worserest person of all, the one who spends valuable George Clinton concert-time typing up a defense in which the points brought up are understood and - underneath all the cynicism and the need to argue for the sake of arguing - probably even shared by the same ones listed above (see: Me).

Bow wow wow. Yippie yo yippie yay.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    BLUE CARPET TREATMENT > HELL HATH NO FURY

• BLUE CARPET TREATMENT > HELL HATH NO FURY

Oh fa sho most definitely. Bought 'em both the same day and I still check out about 3-4 tracks off of the Blue Carpet.

FILE UNDA:

PROTO-SEXUAL SEDUCTION JAMZ

• Oh jesus - I don't give a shit to ridicule you over the Clipse Herm. I say what I say and you can take it how you want to take it. I'm not judging your or anyone else's character so much as noticing how people are so fast to drop and trash a group or an artist these days. Don't take it personal, it's just one of them days.

Anyways, back to The Clipse, I haven't had time to listen to more than a couple songs of the tape, but I liked what I heard so far. Sounds dope.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Also not seeing the reason for the hate directed at this tape.

You can say my name, you know. I won't be offended.

Sayin' though, who said they hated it? I said it bored me, 40ozking didn't listen to it and Siro said it "still got some things on there."

You like it as much if not more than the first two? Cool. You want a cookie or something?

Oooooh!

Con-fron-tay-shun-al!

No, I didn't really have you in mind. I'd forgotten that you'd weighed in on it at all; I do occasionally talk about rap music with people that don't poast on SoulStrut.

I do recommend going back and listening to the properly mastered version, though.

But how do the skreets feel about The Clipse getting a large amount of love from hypewearsupremehardasfuckturntablelab types, dare I say, more so than any other audience?

I dont think the skreets are really aware that the Clipse are still recording.

Please do be serious.

• But how do the skreets feel about The Clipse getting a large amount of love from hypewearsupremehardasfuckturntablelab types, dare I say, more so than any other audience?

I dont think the skreets are really aware that the Clipse are still recording.

you're blowing my mind, dude.

F'really, I feel like that poses a bigger question though.

• Also not seeing the reason for the hate directed at this tape.

You can say my name, you know. I won't be offended.

Sayin' though, who said they hated it? I said it bored me, 40ozking didn't listen to it and Siro said it "still got some things on there."

You like it as much if not more than the first two? Cool. You want a cookie or something?

Oooooh!

Con-fron-tay-shun-al!

No, I didn't really have you in mind. I'd forgotten that you'd weighed in on it at all; I do occasionally talk about rap music with people that don't poast on SoulStrut.

I do recommend going back and listening to the properly mastered version, though.

Herme puts the tay in BOTH con-fron-tay-shun-al and sa-shay-shon-tay.

I thought you knew this, you semi successful professional!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Please do be serious.
    west coast h8rz reference

• is it really a leak? they posted it on their blog
    http://reupgangrecords.net

there are 2 versions there, i'm not sure which one you posted originally

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    since their making so much money of drug dealing they wont need me to buy it...

is it worth the download time?

since their making so much money of drug dealing they wont need me to buy it...

is it worth the download time?

Is this really what passes for wit on SoulStrut these days?

Really?

Schitt's depressing.

• someone bump the hell-hath-no-fury era clipse thread. now THAT had some better schitt talking than this orchid fair.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    "Ghetto Superstar like Im Pras,

Big chain around my neck like I'm fresh off the Amistad."

Fresh.

• "Ghetto Superstar like Im Pras,

an uninspired comparison to a weak rapper.

anything but fresh.

• Herme puts the tay in BOTH con-fron-tay-shun-al and sa-shay-shon-tay.

I thought you knew this, you semi successful professional!

Ha ha! You semi-sweet morsel you.

• noticing how people are so fast to drop and trash a group or an artist these days.

HoLmes, have you not noticed that this has been my position since the first time somebody rolled their eyes at (insert any rapper from our youth here)?? I've always championed the dudes who were good enough to earn our collective ear at some point in our/their lives. I don't recall every trashing or writing off a rapper so I guess you were referring to 40oz' comment.

The reason this mixtape bores me is because their lyrics aren't as colorful or playful as they've been in the past. Nothing has given me the "oh shit! press rewind" feeling as most Clipse material does.

Well, except for the asshurtedness in "Emotionless," but that was for whole 'nother reason.

• I'd forgotten that you'd weighed in on it at all; I do occasionally talk about rap music with people that don't poast on SoulStrut.

So it's those people that "hate" it?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Pretty good, I'm excited to see what they'll do on their next alblum, non star-trak and all.

Kinda like waiting for Shaq to ignite the fast braek. Can't wait!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Quite possibly their most gloomy release yet which may explain why some people aren't feeling it but I've enjoyed it the couple of times I've listened through (though the rub mixs have kinda sidetracked me from listening to it the last couple of days).

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    "Ghetto Superstar like Im Pras,

anything but fresh.

you really do hate on everything

the lyrics are still the best part of this tape and the reason why the clipse are an excellent rap duo

• "Ghetto Superstar like Im Pras,

anything but fresh.

you really do hate on everything

haha, true

Herm it wasn't directed at you, I just saw where the thread was going... some cats just gotta be critical of every-damn-thing

There is no fascination over here with "crack rap" or some kind of weird scenario you have worked out in your head. You don't recall the tapes I made not ten years ago? You don't consider our mutual friend by the name of Carter, and how I came to know that cat? I don't even think about this shit as "crack rap", it's just "rap". What the fuck is "crack rap"? And at what point should any of us non-crack-rappers decide where that boundary is?

And it isn't just about this internets discussion either. All I do is sit around and talk music. A lot of dudes I talk to in "the industry" and even (gasp) "out in the world" are just as jaded and having these little competitions to be the first to be "over it". It's downright refreshing to meet someone who has more good things to say about music than bad. That spirit is long gone from this site.

It makes me sick me motherfucker, how far we done fell!

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    This seems to be an unpopular opinion on the internets, but this is my favorite of the three tapes. The rapping is really, really good for the most part and I really like most of the beats. I was surprised how much I liked this. I kinda figured I was done with the Clipse, but they completely had me after that first track. That ish BANGS.

Philly bias in full effect though 'cause I think Sandman and Liva steal the show. Especially Liva. He's beastin' on here! "ANY MAN CAN BE KILLED 'S THE ONLY LESSON HISTORY TEACHES US."

-e

I don't even think about this shit as "crack rap", it's just "rap".

I don't think anybody who actually listens to rap does. Certain dudes on here love to demand that somebody answer for the fascination with "crack rap" and then when nobody does step act like the silence is significant, when the truth is that most people on here (depsite the fact that I like to hate on 'em) have been listening to rap long enough that "crack rap" is not a meaningful term or concept to them.

at the fuck is "crack rap"? And at what point should any of us non-crack-rappers[/b] decide where that boundary is?

I believe you meant "non-rapping-crackers".

• "non-rapping-crackers"

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF SON!

"non-rapping-crackers"

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF SON!

PROJECT AMBERSUNSHOWER[/b]

• I kinda figured I was done with the Clipse

I kinda figured I was done with the Clipse

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM FANS REVEALED