Clipse "We Got It For Cheap Vol. 3" Just Leaked...

13»

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I think Sandman and Liva steal the show.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that, but it does remind me* of another question that will almost certainly reinforce my disconnectedness: Is it still conventional posse-cut wisdom that the best verse goes last? Or, in these short-attention-span days and times, do they front-load? I always listen to shit like these Clipse tapes with the assumption that the last verse will be the one that they (whoever "they" may be) consider to be the best, leaving me free to agree or disagree accordingly. But I don't know, maybe that's not how they ("they") do it anymore.

*It reminds me onnnaccounta I was struck by the fact that "Roc Boys" on Cheap 3 is one of the very few Re-Up cuts I've heard not closed out by one of the Clipse.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I think Sandman and Liva steal the show.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that

REGAL FLOW

I'm hoping their solo projects will be extra nice, but I do like the contrast they offer to The Brothers Thornton.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    "non-rapping-crackers"

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF SON!

PROJECT AMBERSUNSHOWER[/b]

[tinyvoice]I kinda liked some of the beats on that record [/tinyvoice]

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I do like the contrast they offer to The Brothers Thornton.

I can understand that, and would mostly agree. My feeling, though, is that the same thing that makes Liva and Sandman maybe a little more fun to listen to--their more stylized flows, the way they play with the rhythm more--renders them a little less compelling than the Thorntons, less intense. They might be more nimble, but a lot of the time they seem less engaged. It's like the difference between Method Man and Ghostface, you know? I like Liva and Sand just fine, but yeah, I mostly like them as contrast.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I kinda figured I was done with the Clipse

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM FANS REVEALED

Why you got to throw me under the bus like that? I didn't even register my indifference to the Clipse in this thread.

From one semi-professional to another, I can only say: Boo you, sir.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

From one semi-professional to another

No, no, our professionalism was never in doubt--only our degree of success ("somewhat").

• "Ghetto Superstar like Im Pras,

an uninspired comparison to a weak rapper.

anything but fresh.

you really do hate on everything

the lyrics are still the best part of this tape and the reason why the clipse are an excellent rap duo

I wouldn't say I hatt on everything.

"I'm illmatic like Nas."

"king of the streets like I'm Mike Jones."

"hustlin everyday like Rick Ross."

etc.

"uninspired" is the best way I can describe the Pras line. and the fact that dude chose to namecheck Pras of all people, well, it's just whack.

No, no, our professionalism was never in doubt--only our degree of success ("somewhat").

Indeed. When the major drawback of your career choice is that vapid young women consistently attempt to tell you how to do your job, perhaps you shouldn't throw stones.

But I digress. I like LCD Soundsystem. I do, however, also wear clothes that fit comfortably, do not own any bandanas (for use as neckwear or otherwise), and still like many of the groups and albums I liked six months ago. I also do not read Pitchfork, or own studded gloves, belts, or other similarly bedazzled accessories.

• From one semi-professional to another

Sensitive yuppies, y'all need puppies.

Seriously though, I can see how my choice of words can be perceived and I apologize for that. I assure you I meant no disrespect to you or your career, nor to any other Strutter's success. Or failures, for that matter.

I have a good job and make decent money but I consider myself as "somewhat successful" in the sense that I'm not living as comfortable as I wish I was. My phrasing was based off of that.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Is this really what passes for wit on SoulStrut these days?

Really?

Schitt's depressing.

^^^^^^ Shit didn't know this was a comedy website, I had a suspicion this site was about music.....I was merely highlighting the fact these cats are so large i got no problem NOT paying for their music, which i wouldnt do with some underground indie cats.... and asking a simple ?, is it worth downloading....

Or do I have to make everyone laugh, on every post?

Maybe when the writers strike is offically over, I will have better material for you. Until then if you want wit, I guess i could start telling jokes about your moms, but that would be more honesty that humor...right?

Sensitive yuppies, y'all need puppies.

Seriously though, I can see how my choice of words can be perceived and I apologize for that. I assure you I meant no disrespect to you or your career, nor to any other Strutter's success. Or failures, for that matter.

I have a good job and make decent money but I consider myself as "somewhat successful" in the sense that I'm not living as comfortable as I wish I was. My phrasing was based off of that.

No worries, hommie???I don't think either of us actually took that personally. Just being "arch" as the Brits apparently like to say.

• Just being "arch" as the Brits apparently like to say.

Arch hurt?

Just being "arch" as the Brits apparently like to say.

Arch hurt?

Yeah, I guess if I'm going to be stomping all over dudes' sensibilities, I ought to get some shoes with better arch support.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Food on the table
    When it's not
    I move that lean
    Keep them fiends
    Up and down that block

That's my routine
    Seventeen
    Though the block is hot
    I'm calm and cool
    With my tool
    Knockin' off my rocks

Long story short
    I done made it through
    Some sh*t
    That done got
    Lots 'a n*gg*s
    Laid in view

What I say to dudes
    Wake up out that snooze
    Before that n*gg* dead
    On the news
    In the view

I done slept in cribs
    With grenades
    Crazy weapons
    Pushed cars with more drugs
    Than Rite-Aid and Eckerd

Across state lines
    Without my squad
    Just to get paid
    Laid it all on the line

Now I thank God
    Cause ain't nothin' else
    That kept a n*gg* free
    'A turnin' back
    Inta dust

You know how many n*gg*s I done buried?
    N*gg*s got some cheddar, too?
    Wishin' they was free
    On the bricks to make a better move

Pullin' 400 months
    Some got forever
    Trade everything you treasure
    For some nice weather

Or some good p*ss*
    A kiss from a whore
    A trip to the store
    Wake up young bol...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I listened to Vol 3 on repeat all weekend while driving around. Solid stuff...def looking forward to the next alblum.