Trend Strut (Plaid Related)

2»

Comments

• I know I'm a snob, but I really do think ya'll need to stop talking like you know things about fashion.

I know what I know and like what I like.

What should we be talking about here?
    Comme des Gar??ons?
    Paul Smith?
    Vivienne Westwood?
    Marc Jacobs?

C'mon dude this is Soul Strut what do you expect?

I know I know! This thread is fine, it's just funny when people come to soulstrut for fashion advice or there will be a post about how nasty skinny leg jeans are. All I know is most skinny white dudes don't look good in giant white t-shirts and huge fuck off jeans and hoodies. Sometimes wearing clothes that fit and looking good is more important than repping your culture profile.

thesartorialist.blogspot.com/
    facehunter.blogspot.com/

I like looking at these website, sometimes the clothes are plain lame. but there's nothing cooler than really well dressed women.

• I know I'm a snob, but I really do think ya'll need to stop talking like you know things about fashion.

Post a fit or your soft.

• What's a fit? I'm obviously not very fashionable.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    What's a fit? I'm obviously not very fashionable.

It means an outfit.

I know you would like to think of yourself as more sartorialist than niketalk, but you should still know that.

• get the fuck out of here. I'm from Australia, we don't all use the same slang.

I don't consider myself a satoralist or a niketalk (more slang I don't know), I don't own gucci suits and my girlfriend pretty much gives me all the guidance I know as far at dressing goes! I like clothes, they're nice. shoes are pretty good too, here I am defending myself on a Frickin' message board once again. sheeeit.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    [ All I know is most skinny white dudes don't look good in giant white t-shirts and huge fuck off jeans and hoodies. Sometimes wearing clothes that fit and looking good is more important than repping your culture profile.

True.
    I'm one to talk, I'm not very hip hop.

• Plaid is the new all over print hoodie.

Uh...since when exactly when has plaid ever been OUT of fashion? I can't speak for the street fashion styles around Philly but in general, "plaid" isn't exactly a trend anymore than "argyle" or "tweed" is.

The return of grunge?

Uh,

LOL, no odub, plaid is big with the streetwear kids right now.

The plaid were discussing here is of the 400 dollar japanese variety. I guess its a little less obnoxious in that you can get a shirt that looks exactly the same from walmart, and i dont think my grandpa will be throwing away all his work shirts after it goes out of vougue, but its definitely the in thing at this moment.

Naw, I get that. But i'm saying - "all print hoodies" and "plaid" aren't similar kinds of fashion trends. The latter is something that street kids have adapted from what's commonly found existing in the clothing world. Were all print hoodies some shit that you could have found in a Walmart - to use your example - 10 years ago?

In any case, as someone noted earlier, plaid patterns and sneakers (Vans in particular) have been around forever.

I have no idea on Earth why am bothering to respond to this, but I think you're completely wrong Oliv#r. Plaid is a "trend" right now, meaning that all sorts of people who previously would not include it in their wardrobe at all have now made it a staple. Specifically "streetwear kids" or whatever you want to call them are rocking a TON of plaid, whereas two months ago they were not. Go to Harlem or Broadway or Fulton mall and check out all of the kids that were rocking all over prints or huge white tshirts last winter.

Your argument is akin to saying:

"But i'm saying - "all print hoodies" and "xxxl white tshirts" aren't similar kinds of fashion trends. The latter is something that street kids have adapted from what's commonly found existing in the clothing world. Were all print hoodies some shit that you could have found in a Walmart - to use your example - 10 years ago?"

Or even better, it's like saying that the explosion of seersucker in urban fashion last year wasn't a trend, because guys named Tucker have been wearing seersucker for years.

You sound awfully right about now.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    I know I'm a snob, but I really do think ya'll need to stop talking like you know things about fashion.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    dudes. it's ok to want to sound good and shit, but RECORDS are made to be PLAYED, not talked about. I mean if you like someones music, say "nice beat," and keep it movin. dudes discussing music is nagl, and do it on the web is just like gross.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    how is what i said even remotely homophobic? you guys are too much.

i think you know EXACTLY what I mean. grown men discussing sneakers and streetwear on the web...it's dead

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    how is what i said even remotely homophobic? you guys are too much.

i think you know EXACTLY what I mean. grown men discussing sneakers and streetwear on the web...it's dead

I didnt call ya gay, but i will defend talkin about records/fashion/art/food....Its lifestyle.

• how is what i said even remotely homophobic? you guys are too much.

I think we heard your opinion in the sneaker thread, the tight pants thread, another sneaker thread, and another tight pants thread.