Lunch Strut

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
What's for lunch today?I just walked to this Cajun spot near the office for a bowl of gumbo. Gotta reup my Cajun lifeforce.

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Homemade lentil soup and a blueberry smoothie.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    gogurt.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    just had breakfast about an hour ago but i'm already workin on hungry again. it'll probably be eggs or a chicken breast with this habanero sauce mixed with some caribbean jerk. hot as fuck but delicious.

turns my butt into Dylan from chappelle's show (it spits hot fire).

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    A cubano with pasta salad

• homemade jamacian black beans & brown rice, with an overdose of sriracha on top.

seeeeen?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    gonna hold off maybe just a smoothie but maybe pho later
    still working on my coffee and I snuck in some chips, ugh

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Spicy chili w/ beans & corn and some cranberry cornbread for dessert.

im trying to lose 30 lbs in the next 5 months.

^^^BIGGEST LOSER MOVES REVEALED?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Chicken Shwarma with salad and hummus from Droubi's in the park shops downtown.

Which Cajun spot did you go to Pointman? Since I moved on the NW side I haven't been able to find a good one around there. I used to live off San Felipe and I'd go to Ragin Cajun on Richmond near Newcastle alot..

homemade jamacian black beans & brown rice, with an overdose of sriracha on top.

seeeeen?

black BEANS? Brown rice? WTF?!!! I've been Jamaican all my life, never had that.

I think you might mean rice and peas, bruh.

• im trying to lose 30 lbs in the next 5 months.

I lost about 18 in 3 months. 6 small meals throughout the day. If you're in NYC, The Pump Energy Food is your ticket. Healthy, low-fat, not too expensive. Get a number 47, low sodium tuna and hummus. What I had today.

I'm sure you're well on your way if you're having gogurt and stuffs.

Cut out the carbs, snacking, fried foods, sodas, sugar, and you'll be set.
    oh, don't forget the beer

+ some cardio and weights

= brand new saba!

I dropped 20 easy but I've probably regained 10, sigh...chips and lack of willpower, be damned

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Today is one of those days when everything sounds delicious. Maybe sushi, or a French Dip, or a chile verde burrito.

Today is one of those days when everything sounds delicious. Maybe sushi, or a French Dip, or a chile verde burrito.

Everything but the French Dip, those are evil, son!!!!!!!

Come to think of it, I haven't had a good pastrami sandwich in ages. Time to make the trip up to LA for The Hat, but DZ Akins out here is good, too.

Hmm, maybe pho later....

• homemade jamacian black beans peas & brown rice, with an overdose of sriracha on top.

seeeeen?

black BEANS? Brown rice? WTF?!!! I've been Jamaican all my life, never had that.

I think you might mean rice and peas, bruh.

steamed hams?

ahahahahah, naw yea, pigeon peas...sorry i had this huge mental dilemia in my mind while typing that about black vs pinto at chipotle cause the pinto got pig in it.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    pulled beef tacos with salsa & queso....and a seltzer!

I topped out at 250 (1/8 of a ton), but fortuneately I'm tall and really really good looking, so it didn't really show.

I topped out at 250 (1/8 of a ton), but fortuneately I'm tall and really really good looking, so it didn't really show.

"SABADABADA!"

steamed hams?

steamed hams?

best part is the way skinner says "myesss"

The Hat

I haven't lived in LA for a while, but I hope you're not talking about the Arby's over on Lincoln.

The Hat

I haven't lived in LA for a while, but I hope you're not talking about the Arby's over on Lincoln.

Nah, fall back:

Click link for nostalgic audio:

http://www.thehat.com/index.htm

• Leftovers>>>

whole wheat spinach and cheese tortellini, multi-grain naan and smart water

The Hat's a new one for me. I used to hit up Johnny's Pastrami over near Washington and Sepulveda, but was usually drawn into the Tito's tractor beam.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Chicken Shwarma with salad and hummus from Droubi's in the park shops downtown.

Which Cajun spot did you go to Pointman? Since I moved on the NW side I haven't been able to find a good one around there. I used to live off San Felipe and I'd go to Ragin Cajun on Richmond near Newcastle alot..

Dude I didn't even know there was a Droubi's in the Park Shops! I'm gonna have to start visiting that on the regular.

The Cajun spot I hit is Zydeco Louisiana Diner (1119 Pease) at the corner of something, San Jacinto I think. Decent gumbo, killer crawfish picante when they have it on special. I think it's a lunch only spot.

• +

low budget. cabinets are empty settled for the american classic.

• apricot mango yogurt
    chicken breast sandwich
    zapp's salt & vinegar
    cantaloupe
    clementine

desert: sweet island skunk

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Chana masala and alu sag with basmati rice. DELICIOUS!!!!!! I'm lucky there is a good Indian take out spot close to work.