How much do you hate Project Blowed?

Comments

• I will add nonce and volume 10 to my list.

ellay khule's solo stuff and menace clan are 2nd tier.

but like I said CVE gets top biling.

What about Ninjafish?

Speak on it!

haha well he's better than Riddlore if that's what you mean....

• Volume10
    Ganjah K
    Eastside Badstads
    Menace Clan
    Rifleman
    Dolla Holla
    RBX

...all the gangsta shit y'all like to pretend away.

What you could maybe make a good mixtape w/ the decent cuts these cats did?

If you wanna hear the gangster side of the Blowed, CVE pretty much has you covered I reckon.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    i also don't hate

and all the 13th generation dubs of goodlife/blowed freestyles i got years ago from tape traders. you know who you guys are

• and all the 13th generation dubs of goodlife/blowed freestyles i got years ago from tape traders. you know who you guys are

ab rude channeling the terminator and the time hiero rolled through; those are my favs.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Not sure if its considered Blowed, but I just heard this Deeskee song with 2Mex/Toomer/Sick Jacken/B-Real thats pretty rawww

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    I'm definitely a fan of a lot of releases, just not all of them. Innercity Griots, All Balls, and B.O.H.L. were all classic to me.

• i also don't hate

and all the 13th generation dubs of goodlife/blowed freestyles i got years ago from tape traders. you know who you guys are

I totally forgot about Rifleman.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    for those of you who care, user "dstzero" is killing it on youtube with show footage.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    for those of you who care, user "dstzero" is killing it on youtube with show footage.

GOOD LIFE!!!!!!!!

CVE ON THE BEATS!!!!!

PEACE ALWAYS ON FIRE BACK THEN!!!

He even addresses the iggidy-biggdy rappers that some of y'all are always trying to ascribe as fathers to his chopped double-timed flow.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    PEACE ALWAYS ON FIRE BACK THEN!!!

He even addresses the iggidy-biggdy rappers that some of y'all are always trying to ascribe as fathers to his chopped double-timed flow.

Those dudes were killing it back then. Collectively, at their peak they had more style than almost any rap group I can think of. I was never a die hard fan, but I always had respect for those dudes.

After this it slowly got more hit and miss with each member.

• That first comp has some hot...including 'Hot'.

'To Whom It May Concern,' is the realness.

I'll ride for Acey's first two, especially, 'Book Of...,' though I can understand the hate of pretension on that one.

Feelin' Nonce as well.

ATU makes me want to barf projectile-style all over the room.

After this it slowly got more hit and miss with each member.

But Inner City Griots was a much better album than To Whom It May Concern.

• After this it slowly got more hit and miss with each member.

When I first heard it, I would've agreed. But, from the vantage point of a decade on, I'm rollin' with, "To Whom It May Concern," which I still actually listen to on occasion.

• After this it slowly got more hit and miss with each member.

i think i was expecting more based of to whom...

but i do like some of the 12"s off that album. i think umm... or something ike that. i cant remember but i liked some of the 12s.

Inner City Griots was/is epic.

Hot Potato has become one of maybe a dozen b-boy rockers from that era that still hits especially hard today.

Park Bench People is jazz rap done better than it ever has...might as well be off of a classic Gil Scott Heron record.

Six Tray is just the sickest, most demented lyrical demonstration ever...PEACE at his finest.

Mary is the song that according to legend launched exactly 28.0 other more successful careers.

Heavyweights...nuff said.

I played the hell out of that album when it came out. It blew my mind wide open. What a great summer that was in 93. I had just graduated from UT business school. Major harvests of major product kept me from needing a real job. I basically played basketball for a living. Those were the days...

• But Inner City Griots was a much better album than To Whom It May Concern.

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    After "Book of Human Language" I quit listening.

• For anybody that is not from LA or Cali perhaps a Texaner or Arizonaner or Oregonaner or other places that tend to 'relate' to california shit I can't help you in understanding blowed worship; it's probably annoying as fuck. From going to shows from 15 and up (and I'm not an oldhead really at 27) blowed was pretty much just the home team and we consistently saw some memorable shows and performances from all these dudes and even liked these artists through their wack shit. A lot of artists named in the post, they put out wack shit half the time but it was home team you had to like it. We will get all in your face like an angry coach about how original and superior the scene is and get disgustingly nostalgic because blowed is the perpetual underdog by nature and we thought it was harder than a lot of other kinda bitchass artsy rap scenes.

blowed is the perpetual underdog by nature and we thought it was harder than a lot of other kinda bitchass artsy rap scenes.

Yes, too many people wonder why Blowed artists come across as, shall we say, asshurt.

Well, maybe you should first answer why the LA riots of '92 broke out and you very well might be answering both questions at once.

Many around the country simply can't deal with the idea of protest taken to such an extreme level.

I mean, what is there to be protesting in the first place? Biggie didn't protest. Rakim never came off as whiny.

Well, it's a different set of assumptions...that are well worth entertaining even if they are completely foreign to you.

Community uprising...Community uprising...Community uprising.

After "Book of Human Language" I quit listening.

As did most, which makes it espacially strange how convinced so many are that anything that came after Book of Human Language was by definition subpar.

Really, how much can many of you even get with a statement such as...

Badstads Biggest of the Baddest might as well have been joined at the hip with Guerilla Maab's Rise.

I might as well be talking a foreign language when I say susch a thing on this board.

And no matter what I seem to say in that foreign language, it always seems to be interpreted on here as codespeak for someone else chiming in on cue that...I liked the early Fellowship stuff, in fact I had that To Whom It May Concern tape in '88, 3 years before it was even recorded, and oh yeah, thanks for reminding me about the Nonce, but other than that...all that Blowed shit sucks.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Step your foreign language game up already...before I once again have to remind you which Meters song was their most popular/important.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Hot Potato has become one of maybe a dozen b-boy rockers from that era that still hits especially hard today.

Park Bench People is jazz rap done better than it ever has...might as well be off of a classic Gil Scott Heron record.

Six Tray is just the sickest, most demented lyrical demonstration ever...PEACE at his finest.

Mary is the song that according to legend launched exactly 28.0 other more successful careers.

I co-sign all of this. It's been years since I've listened to that album, but I remember there also being a lot of joints on there. In comparison to To Whom It May... which, to me, was just a more solid album over all.

Trivia on a related (and yes-name-drop-o) note, I did a song with the Nonce at their house in Culver City back in '94 right around the time they got singed to American.

• Trivia on a related (and yes-name-drop-o) note, I did a song with the Nonce at their house in Culver City back in '94 right around the time they got singed to American.

I had no idea the Nonce were from Caca Chitty? Sach is still dope I got that "Seven Days to Engineer" tape and there's something about that dude's taste in samples and drums that is tight even though it's hella low budget

• in fact I had that To Whom It May Concern tape in '88, 3 years before it was even recorded

• Trivia on a related (and yes-name-drop-o) note, I did a song with the Nonce at their house in Culver City back in '94 right around the time they got singed to American.
    any chance of letting us have a listen??

I co-sign all of this. It's been years since I've listened to that album, but I remember there also being a lot of joints on there. In comparison to To Whom It May... which, to me, was just a more solid album over all.

A big reason why I prefer Inner City to To Whom is that it's a real group album rather than just a compilation of loosely associated solo tracks.

On the other hand, give me 10 more PEACE tracks from those early days to add to For No Reason and Physical Form and I guarantee that I'd like that album better than either Inner City or To Whom.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Trivia on a related (and yes-name-drop-o) note, I did a song with the Nonce at their house in Culver City back in '94 right around the time they got singed to American.

Haha, man I have no idea where that tape is. It's nothing major. I just brought over some Brother to Brother record and did basic scratches. It was a silly song about labels (the girl who brought us over there was on their label). It was only with Sach. Yusef had company and didn't really interact with anyone too much.
    I'll talk to my friend and see if he can find his copy. It would be a trip to hear again.

That reminds me anyone heard The Nonce - "Early To Rise" from around that same time?
    "early to rise....early to rise...we gotta get paid"
    It's dope.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

That reminds me anyone heard The Nonce - "Early To Rise" from around that same time?
    It's dope.

By any chance, was it on this?

Damn, I've never seen that before so I'm not sure. It was on a blank cassette they gave us with a copy of our song on it. There was another one on there too I can't remember.
    What's that tape all about?

Not sure, I don't have it either. I only saw it for the first time on eBay about a week or so ago.

wasn't the Picnic Song the b-side of that clear vinyl 12" they put out?

P.S. - I'm getting ready to do some cuts and contribute a beat on a project with Sach and Riddlore among others pretty soon.

P.S. - I'm getting ready to do some cuts and contribute a beat on a project with Sach and Riddlore among others pretty soon.

Very cool.

Haha, man I have no idea where that tape is. It's nothing major. I just brought over some Brother to Brother record and did basic scratches. It was a silly song about labels (the girl who brought us over there was on their label). It was only with Sach. Yusef had company and didn't really interact with anyone too much.
    I'll talk to my friend and see if he can find his copy. It would be a trip to hear again.

It's dope.

please do, id really like to hear it and im sure others would too.