How much do you hate Anticon?

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I have no great love for anticon, but how are they any more pretentious, niche or marginal than Project Blowed?

Easy answer: Nobody from Anticon ever got signed to Rap-A-Lot.

Were Blac Monks down with Project Blowed?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I have no great love for anticon, but how are they any more pretentious, niche or marginal than Project Blowed?

Easy answer: Nobody from Anticon ever got signed to Rap-A-Lot.

Were Blac Monks down with Project Blowed?

Nope...Menace Clan.

• kubkub 46 Posts
    sorry, but that anecdote was not entertaining.

ἀνέκδοτον doesn't mean that it needs to be funny, it has to have a poin tho

• Harv,
    went through some of my old photos and found a pic of those dime breezies you brought to the clurb. I almost forgot about them. Mad dudes was trying to take a sip of honey on the right.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    their ricos parties were the shit. i remember tommy and pat dj'ing downstairs while i was trying to holler at these japanese girls that rolled in with megabusive. i also remember slant, pazoozoo, and vixen tearing that shit down at one show. good times.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

108 MICS

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    that darcmind album is pretty awful

haha you do realize that all this darc mind material was made during the mid 90s and that these artists had nothing to do with anticon, other than that anticon released their until then unreleased LP. they were signed on LOUD.

Yes, and I've always been a fanboy of X-RAY production, but I just couldn't get into the darcmind album. just imo

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

108 MICS

unfuckwitable

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Harvey, you don't rap. You are not a rapper. Harvey, you don't wild out with a gat. You are not a gangster. Quit fronting on your future. Anticon is a bunch of people making music. If you are offended by the fact that they make music, or the hyperbole that they attached to it when they were in their early 20s, or the French clothing company that bit their name and typeface for making tshirts and hoodies, then you need a new hobbie, or a new passion. Hatting online is like telling your dick not to go erect when you cop a feel at the eighth grade prom: you're not gonna win, and you're just gonna be left looking like a dumb boner with a boner.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    I remember a while back my friend worked at this record store in LA. We had a competition...who could find the worst record in the whole store. He pulled out something, I don't remember what but it was pretty bad.

Then I hit him with the Serf400-Smarthater 12".

I was pretty sure I'd won...he even looked at me and said "WOW"

Then he pulled out this Cloudead 10"

He won

I've remained largely indifferent towards Anticon down the years, but those Cloudead dudes made some of the worst records I've ever heard. Whenever someone holds them up as an example of good hip-hop music (and I've heard people do just that), I have to fight against the impulse to laugh.

• To quote myself, just in case this thing just keeps rolling.

You'll also never catch me saying that any of that stuff is game changing, shitting on..., or anything like that.

so don't lump me into any of that.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Harv,
    went through some of my old photos and found a pic of those dime breezies you brought to the clurb. I almost forgot about them. Mad dudes was trying to take a sip of honey on the right.

That's the most blappable teapot I've ever seen.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Can we see honey on the right sans teapot please?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I swear that until I opened this thread I thought Anticon was Roach Spray.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    are you using kalakeezykeystroke method?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    96% of Rap sucks. The rest is just decent. It's always been that way. It's novelty music for and by the poor and culturally deprived. It started in the Bronx for Christ Sake! YUCK!! So some cake face Corn fed White boys want to take Black folks very last Cathartic Belch an mix it with there natural delusional tendency to impose the will of their God complex on everything thought and idea that comes into the world from a non European experience? What's new?

• 96% of Rap sucks. The rest is just decent. It's always been that way. It's novelty music for and by the poor and culturally deprived. It started in the Bronx for Christ Sake! YUCK!! So some cake face Corn fed White boys want to take Black folks very last Cathartic Belch an mix it with there natural delusional tendency to impose the will of their God complex on everything thought and idea that comes into the world from a non European experience? What's new?

I knew we could count on you dude.

can we just get the non-teapot jpeg of the lingerie model on the right and dead this thread already?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i think anticon are wack but getting all asshurt about them is way suspect and often seems like its totally on some 'im not THAT white!!!' white dude affirmation shit

• alright so now hot on the heals of the phillystress wisdom nugget we have the official deej endorsement for deading this nonsense.

can we just get the non-teapot jpeg of the lingerie model on the right and dead this thread already?

• i think anticon are wack but getting all asshurt about them is way suspect and often seems like its totally on some 'im not THAT white!!!' white dude affirmation shit

WELCOME TO SOULSTRUT!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    vixen

Yummmmm....

Slant's managing Snoop these days. Plus he did a beat for this dude I know.

Thanks for reminding me to bust out my Puzoozoo tape. Him and Vixen are the children of one of the Sylvers , I believe. Or maybe Slave.

*edit*

• sheesh. Dudes are hard up for bikini shots. just google image bikini, that's how I found it.

I think the mushroom teapot actually gave her a little more charm.

• I think the mushroom teapot actually gave her a little more charm.

nah dude; I'm cool without it!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Harvey, you don't wild out with a gat.

Yes he does!!!!!!!!!! He always packs a gat in his backpack on the way to the health food store to see project blowed! Harvey is a gangster. Don't let him fool you.

• Harvey, you don't wild out with a gat.

Yes he does!!!!!!!!!! He always packs a gat in his backpack on the way to the health food store to see project blowed! Harvey is a gangster. Don't let him fool you.

He is also a DJ and an MC.

Advantage: Harvey.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    post-crash favorite threads bump.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Not mad at her.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Hey bro.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I was thinking "oh no" when I saw this bumped, but it wasn't so bad.

Had to repost this since the link expired.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    lol