How much do you hate Anticon?

Comments

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Harvey, I understand your position, but this whole thing is starting to look like you're trying to hide your closeted love for Anticon. Kinda like the latent/closeted gay dude being all loud and macho talkin bout "I Frickin' hate gays, man. Fuck those homos! Don't you hate homos too?!?"

If you want to come out and say that you heart Anticon, don't be afraid. We're here to support you. Let the hate go.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Superbowl Shuffle??

You don't have to go here. Superbowl Shuffle was one of the first commercial rap successes ever! Laugh, but this record probobly inspired leagues of your favorite rappers to get into the artform.

You sound like you write Anticon press releases. "Inspired leagues of your favorite rappers to get into the artform"...geez.

Release the hate buddy, it will feel better. Focus on your Chi, You're light as a cloud!

WRONG AGAIN...HEAVY AS A SHITSTORM.

Harvey, I understand your position, but this whole thing is starting to look like you're trying to hide your closeted love for Anticon. Kinda like the latent/closeted gay dude being all loud and macho talkin bout "I Frickin' hate gays, man. Fuck those homos! Don't you hate homos too?!?"

If you want to come out and say that you heart Anticon, don't be afraid. We're here to support you. Let the hate go.

You sound like an Anticon life coach. Yes, people will think your music sucks. But keep making it. There are people out there just as misguided as you and they will one day stick up for you and your sonic barfbag.

Appreciate, batches!

Oh shit, I love this. The "Ding Dong, Ding Dong Yo" part will always, always crack me the fuck up.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Harvey must look in the mirror every morning and weep.

"MELANIN, WHY HATH THOU FORSAKEN ME!"

• Hemespheres by Dose one was good, but anything else he put out was unlistenable. That''s all i checked for because I knew the guy who but out the record. That was before Anticon.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    ZING!

Yes, people will think your music sucks. But keep making it.

When did I say that? I don't give a fuck about Anticon, I'm looking out for you, man. So much hatred. Hatred leads to anger. Anger leads to the Dark Side. If you let go of the hatred, you let go of Anticon. Hatred gone. Anticon gone.

This isn't about Anticon, it's about a happier, healthier Harvey. If the object of your hatred was mayonnaise, I'd be urging you to let go of that too.

Harvey must look in the mirror every morning and weep.

"MELANIN, WHY HATH THOU FORSAKEN ME!"

You sound like the George Bush of Anticon. They hate us for our whiteness. Yeah, right...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Why are SoulStrut dudes always on some third grade "You must like it because you profess not to" foolishness?

Please attempt to see the value in Shied's unbridled hate--we need more of it around here.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I remember a while back my friend worked at this record store in LA. We had a competition...who could find the worst record in the whole store. He pulled out something, I don't remember what but it was pretty bad.

Then I hit him with the Serf400-Smarthater 12".

I was pretty sure I'd won...he even looked at me and said "WOW"

Then he pulled out this Cloudead 10"

He won

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    btw i'd rather listen to anticon than texas rap

i went there

File under: Rawkus deadstock gold.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I remember a while back my friend worked at this record store in LA. We had a competition...who could find the worst record in the whole store. He pulled out something, I don't remember what but it was pretty bad.

Then I hit him with the Serf400-Smarthater 12".

I was pretty sure I'd won...he even looked at me and said "WOW"

Then he pulled out this Cloudead 10"

He won

ZING

The times I've met Sole he was cool (this was also years ago), but I've never been a fan of their music. Nice dude tho.

• Please attempt to see the value in Shied's unbridled hate--we need more of it around here.

Hey, I'm trying to be the angry white guy around these parts! Can I get some some recognition?!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    We had this discussion 4 years ago when it was only slightly more relevant than it is now.

-e

Hating Anticon in 2008 is like hating Young Black Teenagers in 1998.

Why are SoulStrut dudes always on some third grade "You must like it because you profess not to" foolishness?

Please attempt to see the value in Shied's unbridled hate--we need more of it around here.

Well, to be fair, I think Harvey was going far beyond "professing." I'm not saying Harvey likes Anticon, I was just saying that his wild ranting was starting to look like overcompensation. Again, just looking out for Harvey.

• Harvey, I understand your position, but this whole thing is starting to look like you're trying to hide your closeted love for Anticon. Kinda like the latent/closeted gay dude being all loud and macho talkin bout "I Frickin' hate gays, man. Fuck those homos! Don't you hate homos too?!?"

Faux loves Harvey, Faux loves Harvey, na, na, na-na, na.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    people whining about Anticon in 2008....what an embarassing thread....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Faux loves Harvey, Faux loves Harvey, na, na, na-na, na.

He is one of the best poasters on here.

Which is not to say that I don't think he is insane.

• Like, what rap were you listening to pre-Anticon that provided the path for you to appreciate Anticon?

Just Timm Dog and also that Funky Bunch jawn.

I appreciate good hate as much as the next guy but this is tepid. Make me laugh.

What a stupid fuckin sentiment...as if we are now in 2008 above it all. Anticon still needs to be dissed this year and next year and the next and any year in the future when someone starts an important rap anything discussion and their piss-ant name comes up.

• Why do you hate them so much? They try to holler at the girl 'round the way?

Like, what rap were you listening to pre-Anticon that provided the path for you to appreciate Anticon?

I appreciate good hate as much as the next guy but this is tepid. Make me laugh.

It's not a laughing matter at all. I genuinely hate them and everything that has unfortunately spawned from their wake.

YOU WANT JOKE THREAD CHEW CARPET.

• Like, what rap were you listening to pre-Anticon that provided the path for you to appreciate Anticon?

It's not a laughing matter at all. I genuinely hate them and everything that has unfortunately spawned from their wake.

YOU WANT JOKE THREAD CHEW CARPET.

More of a Zilly37 guy, eh?

• You guys are such bitches. You guys hate a label? Why because of their sampler? heres why anticon is not wack... well entirely wack.

Jel - 10 Seconds is an amazing album. I cant think of many albums that compete with this one as far as beats go. The greenball series is also dope... shit so is WMD. He kills it with awesome samples and flips a lot of breaks in a very cool way. I'll upload it for all you haters if i can get this bootleg connection working. Shit jel has also worked with Black Thought, and that song was great. Jel got payed much homage by Black Thought too.

http://www.divshare.com/download/3640377-157 there is 10 seconds... enjoy an anticon release, its ok.

Sole - He has some great songs and has worked with some great producers in his day. His far out stuff can go a bit too far out... but I think he has put out some amazing stuff in his day. Selling live Water is a great example of great production meeting interesting and different styles of rap. I remember year of the sex symbol being on a dangermous mixtape before he blew up too. El-p did mercilessly tear him a new one in Linda Tripp, but that whole shit was really fucked up how it went down. Lots of deception and cool kids club goin on there. Sole is also a very nice guy who has a lot of love for hip hop. He doesn't hate you guys, why do you hate him? Hes just some guy who loves rap, has rapped since he was like 14, and has put out records that people have really enjoyed. If he's not getting blackballed he's getting whiteboyed. Why are you guys so mad?

Controller7 and Moodswing9 both contributed some awesome beats to the label, sole especially. C7's productions for sole are some of his (sole's) most shining moments really.

Odd Nosdam just scored the new element skate video and did an awesome job... This is my element is the name of the flick.

I can understand the hate on Doseone, why, alias, and the rest of the label but I doubt any of em care, well alias might. Honestly though dose's work with subtle has had some great moments as well. check... http://www.warprecords.com/fko/ Dose also did great shit with Prefuse73 and some others.

Also... They just released Darcminds new album which I think is very good. Those guys have put out some amazing material in their day. Definately no white boy nerd rap here... just awesome bay area jazzy hip hop. The album also got the remix treatment by jel and alias, which turned out awesome.

Im not gonna defend the label cause I think they do shoot themselves in the foot from time to time... but some of the main players on the label Sole, Jel, and Odd Nosdam do some good work. I think all the psuedo folk rap bullshit is wack... some of the mega spacey ambient shit is boring too. But a lot of it is crate diggers sampling really different shit, and emcees rapping about shit they can relate too.

Plus sole's new album with the skyrider band is worth a listen...

I am a nerdy white boy... so feel free to diss me for my interest in music from the fringe... I respect some of the guys for keeping at what they were doing while others on the label folded into even deeper pussidom because of criticism from peons like here. People who dont even know the label diss it because they'd rather listen to some uninspired "hey we can do what the early 90s greats did too, only less!!!" shit. I'll take sole over PUTS or Souls of Mischeif any day... and Jel over RJD2 or anyday as well.

Also Sole didn't push sixtoo and buck off the label... buck left because he got signed to warner canada. Sixtoo just wanted to persue more hip ventures. Sixtoo is also a great example of an anticon producer that turned out to really be amazing. Duration anyone? Even his new shit is great.

Hating an artist/label for its fans is Frickin' stupid anyway. I think you guys with the least common denominator taste can keep enjoying bland uninspired music. 75% of the catalog is garbage IMHO but theres some gems you guys that are blinded with irration hate will really miss out on.

I tried to help Harvey deal with his anger. He has to want to be helped, though. I've done all I can, and it wasn't enough. Our time is almost up anyway, so it's time for me to

You guys are such bitches. You guys hate a label? Why because of their sampler? heres why anticon is not wack... well entirely wack.

Jel - 10 Seconds is an amazing album. I cant think of many albums that compete with this one as far as beats go. The greenball series is also dope... shit so is WMD. He kills it with awesome samples and flips a lot of breaks in a very cool way. I'll upload it for all you haters if i can get this bootleg connection working. Shit jel has also worked with Black Thought, and that song was great. Jel got payed much homage by Black Thought too.

http://www.divshare.com/download/3640377-157 there is 10 seconds... enjoy an anticon release, its ok.

Sole - He has some great songs and has worked with some great producers in his day. His far out stuff can go a bit too far out... but I think he has put out some amazing stuff in his day. Selling live Water is a great example of great production meeting interesting and different styles of rap. I remember year of the sex symbol being on a dangermous mixtape before he blew up too. El-p did mercilessly tear him a new one in Linda Tripp, but that whole shit was really fucked up how it went down. Lots of deception and cool kids club goin on there. Sole is also a very nice guy who has a lot of love for hip hop. He doesn't hate you guys, why do you hate him? Hes just some guy who loves rap, has rapped since he was like 14, and has put out records that people have really enjoyed. If he's not getting blackballed he's getting whiteboyed. Why are you guys are so mad?

Controller7 and Moodswing9 both contributed some awesome beats to the label, sole especially. C7's productions for sole are some of his (sole's) most shining moments really.

Odd Nosdam just scored the new element skate video and did an awesome job... This is my element is the name of the flick.

I can understand the hate on Doseone, why, alias, and the rest of the label but I doubt any of em care, well alias might. Honestly though dose's work with subtle has had some great moments as well. check... http://www.warprecords.com/fko/ Dose also did great shit with Prefuse73 and some others.

Also... They just released Darcminds new album which I think is very good. Those guys have put out some amazing material in their day. Definately no white boy nerd rap here... just awesome bay area jazzy hip hop. The album also got the remix treatment by jel and alias, which turned out awesome.

Im not gonna defend the label cause I think they do shoot themselves in the foot from time to time... but some of the main players on the label Sole, Jel, and Odd Nosdam do some good work. I think all the psuedo folk rap bullshit is wack... some of the mega spacey ambient shit is boring too. But a lot of it is crate diggers sampling really different shit, and emcees rapping about shit they can relate too.

I am a nerdy white boy... so feel free to diss me for my interest in music from the fringe... I respect some of the guys for keeping at what they were doing while others on the label folded into even deeper pussidom because of criticism from peons like here. People who dont even know the label diss it because they'd rather listen to some uninspired "hey we can do what the early 90s greats did too, only less!!!" shit. I'll take sole over PUTS or Souls of Mischeif any day... and Jel over RJD2 or anyday as well.

Also Sole didn't push sixtoo and buck off the label... buck left because he got signed to warner canada. Sixtoo just wanted to persue more hip ventures. Sixtoo is also a great example of an anticon producer that turned out to really be amazing. Duration anyone? Even his new shit is great.

Hating an artist/label for its fans is Frickin' stupid anyway. I think you guys with the least common denominator taste anyway can keep enjoying bland uninspired music. 75% of the catalog is garbage IMHO but theres some gems you guys that are blinded with irration hate will really miss out on.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

What a stupid fuckin sentiment...as if we are now in 2008 above it all. Anticon still needs to be dissed this year and next year and the next and any year in the future when someone starts an important rap anything discussion and their piss-ant name comes up.

So do you check for all the latest Anticon releases just so you can boil with hatred? Is Anticon.com your homepage?

You guys are such bitches. You guys hate a label? Why because of their sampler? heres why anticon is not wack... well entirely wack.

Sole - He has some great songs and has worked with some great producers in his day. His far out stuff can go a bit too far out... but I think he has put out some amazing stuff in his day. Selling live Water is a great example of great production meeting interesting and different styles of rap. I remember year of the sex symbol being on a dangermous mixtape before he blew up too. El-p did mercilessly tear him a new one in Linda Tripp, but that whole shit was really fucked up how it went down. Lots of deception and cool kids club goin on there. Sole is also a very nice guy who has a lot of love for hip hop. He doesn't hate you guys, why do you hate him? Hes just some guy who loves rap, has rapped since he was like 14, and has put out records that people have really enjoyed. If he's not getting blackballed he's getting whiteboyed. Why are you guys are so mad?

Hating an artist/label for its fans is Frickin' stupid anyway. I think you guys with the least common denominator taste anyway can keep enjoying bland uninspired music. 75% of the catalog is garbage IMHO but theres some gems you guys that are blinded with irration hate will really miss out on.

Oh, dear lord.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Sole - He has some great songs and has worked with some great producers in his day. His far out stuff can go a bit too far out... but I think he has put out some amazing stuff in his day. Selling live Water is a great example of great production meeting interesting and different styles of rap. I remember year of the sex symbol being on a dangermous mixtape before he blew up too. El-p did mercilessly tear him a new one in Linda Tripp, but that whole shit was really fucked up how it went down. Lots of deception and cool kids club goin on there. Sole is also a very nice guy who has a lot of love for hip hop. He doesn't hate you guys, why do you hate him? Hes just some guy who loves rap, has rapped since he was like 14, and has put out records that people have really enjoyed. If he's not getting blackballed he's getting whiteboyed. Why are you guys so mad?

I think people project their hate onto Anticon, when it's fans like you that really deserve the brunt of the hate.