EGADZ

b/w

How old were you at the time?

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

oh shit! thats from the wanted poster

Anyone know what the warrant was for?

• oh shit! thats from the wanted poster

Anyone know what the warrant was for?

Aggravated giving record nerds ways to feel superior.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    tugging a record in public.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    [rant]

Steve (or Nick known by some) is a world class lowlife douchebag IMHO. It sickens me now that I am removed from the "digging" scene that I once sweated this dude for his records. He would set up around 1 PM when he was allowed to sell at Lancaster. By then... I had been there since 7 AM and was tired and wanted to go home.. but there was a prospect of some hot as fuck find in his "crates" or shall I say empty 2 liter soda boxes. We'd all stand there patiently waiting for him to set up. Shit would be ready to go and dickhead would casually sit there and comb his hair while we drooled over the prospect of what could be found.

I have had many altercations with him in the field too. He hoards crates and buys everything of value. We have tugged at the same record many times with him having a bitch fit. and yes he smells and carries wads of cash. I hope he goes to jail for stealing that crippled guys jazz collection.

[/rant]

Long in the Tooth finally got fed up, and doesn't deal with him anymore. Nick couldn't take the tantrums, plus he probably doesn't need to buy off him like he used to when first opening the store.

Steve also got banned from the Hare Krishna vegan place on South + Broad in Philly, which is quite the feat.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts

steve: "happy mothers day? happy mothers day? happy mother fuckers day! lets happily fuck our mothers today." in a gleeful tone.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    another known jersey dealer was asked by steve to drive him to his "warehouse". steve stalled all day and finally got going mid afternoon. he brought a pillow and slept the whole way in the guy's car. when they arrived, the "warehouse" was mysteriously closed, and after a 2 or 3 hour drive the owner would not let them both in. of course an arguement ensued, but no records were to be had. steve did not offer to pay for gas or tolls either. imagine that.

• another known jersey dealer was asked by steve to drive him to his "warehouse". steve stalled all day and finally got going mid afternoon. he brought a pillow and slept the whole way in the guy's car. when they arrived, the "warehouse" was mysteriously closed, and after a 2 or 3 hour drive the owner would not let them both in. of course an arguement ensued, but no records were to be had. steve did not offer to pay for gas or tolls either. imagine that.

What gets me is, the guy is clearly nuts. How badly are you jonesing for records to let his dirty, infested-with-god-knows-what ass into your car so he can take a nap while he takes you who knows where? The few times I've dealt with him, I've done so warily...

despite his heat he always has, i haven't bought from him since the summer, and probably will not anymore. the guy is desperate, and now the spot is really one of the only places he hasn't been booted out from. he's an interesting character in the record game, but there are other people who have just as good records and make the transaction easy.

maybe prime can drop knowledge as i know he sat in the back of the stink mobile and looked at 45s in 10 degree weather this year.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    despite his heat he always has, i haven't bought from him since the summer, and probably will not anymore. the guy is desperate, and now the spot is really one of the only places he hasn't been booted out from. he's an interesting character in the record game, but there are other people who have just as good records and make the transaction easy.

maybe prime can drop knowledge as i know he sat in the back of the stink mobile and looked at 45s in 10 degree weather this year.

I did...(in my defense it was the first day in about 7 months that I could go digging without rushing into work. So yes I spent more time with Steve then I wanted to) but hey when he moves to California we are going into business together. I'm going to be his ebay liaison. Or so he offered. I'll pass.

I did...(in my defense it was the first day in about 7 months that I could go digging without rushing into work. So yes I spent more time with Steve then I wanted to) but hey when he moves to California we are going into business together. I'm going to be his ebay liaison. Or so he offered. I'll pass.

did he offer uber rare winston churchill funk records in exchange for e bay services?

• despite his heat he always has, i haven't bought from him since the summer, and probably will not anymore. the guy is desperate, and now the spot is really one of the only places he hasn't been booted out from. he's an interesting character in the record game, but there are other people who have just as good records and make the transaction easy.

You're a brave man. I'd be all afraid as soon as I got in the van, the door slams shut and all of a sudden it's all "It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told" and the next thing you know Stinky Steve is spending his winters keeping warm in a Funky16Corners overcoat...

that's funny

• that's funny

Only if you're not the coat...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This thread needs a moment.

• This thread needs a moment.

sike.
    maybe his "internet guy" will appear in his stead

sike.

ok...who's his internet guy???? any strutter want to come forth?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

sike.

some guy in philly named tony

• Can anyone here post pictures of this legend as well as interesting tales?

Doing Yoga at the Mart.....

sike.

when word leaked that i was writing about him, he told a dealer: "i don't care what they write on the internet, as long as it's truthful".

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

sike.

man those are beautiful.

sike.

man those are beautiful.

nice beard.