Happy Australia day batches!

bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Sheep, kwality, phatmoneysack, wubwub, Kinetic, Pundit, kicks79, and all the rest of you I'm forgetting right now, time to drink some shitty beer and get ocka.

Comments

• Australia: one of the only nations not to pussy-out of the "War" on Terror / War "on" Terror / War on "Terror."

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    ! It's a perfect day for it too - nice and hot. Ima wear some thongs, have a barbie and go for a swim with a few beers.

And I suppose we should thank the original inhabitants for being so accomodating - cheers!

• happy Australia/Invasion/Survival Day
    Watching the cricket and drinking beer and then have to go set up a hall for a gig I just hope we dont get too much rain

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Hey N*ck,

Happy Invasion Day.

Goin to a barby later sarvo youse carnts, should be a pearla.

Haydos and Jaquesy holding it down for the inebriated masses.

P.S. Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

• dec0ndec0n 38 Posts
    The barbie's been lit, beer n' beach after, fireworks tonight, no work Monday!
    Oz day ya'll!

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Wish I was back home in the sun right now. It's Frickin' freezing for me at the moment.
    But Im reminiscing by playing some old tunes from bands I dug back in the day.
    DIG, Skunkhour, Resin Dogs, Jeff Duff and the Prophets, Prof Groove and the Booty Affair, Brothers of Oz, etc.
    Hope you guys enjoy the sun and bbqs and 30 degree weather. ya bastards

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

OI OI OI !

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

OI OI OI !
    please....no! :-(

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

OI OI OI !
    please....no! :-(

OI OI OI !

how u doin man? ill be in JP again sometime early this year.... drop me a line

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Happy Australia Day batches... i mean.... fuckaz!

Spent the morning showing support to a young person I work with who received a young Australian of the year award. Then I went to Newtown (Sydney's inner west)and hung out with a quirky record dude in newtown as we listened to private press Christian ters with 3 second breaks/weirdness while watching drunk idiots wearing Australian flags as capes walk around calling people various names. Beer helped.

Keep it ocha!

• Happy Australia Day.

I spent 10 hours driving between Sydney and Melbourne, and for some reason we only had a bunch of Peter Gabriel records and Kraftwerk's Autobahn. Would have been nice to sit in the sun and down a few beers, but i was over Sydney after spending the week there...

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
    Man every time I see your posts it always trips me out, I used to live just down the road from that hall (in the pocket) and used to go to doofs there all the time when I was like 13... Small world...
    Fond memories of smokin leaf weed and makin mixtapes
    happy Australia/Invasion/Survival Day
    Watching the cricket and drinking beer and then have to go set up a hall for a gig I just hope we dont get too much rain

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    heppy farkin ozzie day youze caants...

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Happy Australia Day guys.
    I had to work...But made up for it by seeing Moodymann at the Hyde park Barracks for Sydney Festival. Big shout out to the mad racket guys for putting it on. It was a mad nite. Real Funny hearing KDJ saying happy australia day.

• Man every time I see your posts it always trips me out, I used to live just down the road from that hall (in the pocket) and used to go to doofs there all the time when I was like 13... Small world...
    Fond memories of smokin leaf weed and makin mixtapes
    happy Australia/Invasion/Survival Day

It is a magical hall and good to provide an event in Northern New South Wales that isn't Doof/trance. Its 4.30am I just got home we had about 300+ people there and it was a wicked night. i just ate a dope cookie and hope it will help me unwind and I may pass out soon.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Saw this too late, had to spend Oz day with drunken idiots in Byron.

Anything else good going down the next weeks near Briz Vegas ?

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    fuck invasion day, I nearly got bashed twice yesterday and managed to talk my way out of it. every year it seems to be a recipe for violence. any excuse you'd think that shit would just be for families and little kids but it never ceases to amaze how violent and obnoxious australians are. I mean shit, fancy celebrating genocide.

everyone out walking around wearing a aussie flag like a cape. makes me sick!

• Saw this too late, had to spend Oz day with drunken idiots in Byron.

Anything else good going down the next weeks near Briz Vegas ?

What a pity you couldn't make it We didn't really advertise too much in byron as we weren't too keen on drunken idiots (prefer stoned and E loving hippies). As far as whats on I dont actually get out much (2yr old girl) but the Great Northern has some good gigs pretty regularly (Byron) A few weeks ago Amp Fiddler and coming up is Mo horizons..

There is a record fair happening in brisbane soon I need to find out more info

How close to byron are you? One of my boys lives there. He programs a show on bay fm and is always lookin for people to spin music on a soul/funk tip.

• everyone out walking around wearing a aussie flag like a cape. makes me sick!

yeah this was sickening at the big day out on friday - there was even merch stalls selling exclusivly australian flag capes and hats and shit like that.

• How close to byron are you? One of my boys lives there. He programs a show on bay fm and is always lookin for people to spin music on a soul/funk tip.

Are you talking about Drew? I live in Mullum and have a show on bayFM monday 2-4pm playing soul/funk/latin/disco etc

• PunditPundit 438 Posts

everyone out walking around wearing a aussie flag like a cape. makes me sick!

yeah this was sickening at the big day out on friday - there was even merch stalls selling exclusivly australian flag capes and hats and shit like that.

I played tonight with two mates and we decided to aussie it up, so one guy's wearing a fosters singlet, other guys wearing a socceroo jersey, so I wear an australian one day cricket shirt i scored somewhere for cheap - about 11pm tonight - public holiday tomorrow so things are in full force, walking back to my car, some fuckwit with no shirt and an aussie flag draped over his shoulders as a cape - you know that dude - gets in my face and yells at me, and I quote, "dress aussie ya cunt!"

I fucken love this country. Sniff.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    How close to byron are you? One of my boys lives there. He programs a show on bay fm and is always lookin for people to spin music on a soul/funk tip.

Surfing in Noosa right now, Toowoomba tomorrow, Brissie the day after. I move fast. Record conventions are no option, can't take the wreckords wit me to NZ.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Yeah our racists are terrible ain't they?

I spent most of the day brutally hung over on the couch watching documentaries. Had middle eastern style lamb chops with mint and tzaziki and all that for dinner. So like lamb and shit!

Whoo! Aussie pride! Whoo!

Australia is plain scary. You're wearing a british flag, you're celebrating british settlement. what does that have to do with being a super hero that only can only say three words, "aussie" "cunt" and "oi".

apparently somewhere down the line on my mothers side there's a relation to captain cook - the shame!

can a dude live?

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Australia is plain scary. You're wearing a british flag, you're celebrating british settlement. what does that have to do with being a super hero that only can only say three words, "aussie" "cunt" and "oi".

apparently somewhere down the line on my mothers side there's a relation to captain cook - the shame!

can a dude live?

yes a dude can live.

Captain cook was a pretty cool dude as far as being a cartographer, explorer, naturalist and captain, despite the fact his "discovery" of this country resulted in 200+ years cultural genocide.

He was quite progressive at the time in terms of relations with indigenous peoples and he achieved some pretty amazing shit. Although he did go a bit mad at the end of his journeys.

No need for shame though.

I know, I know - I'm just playing.

Joseph Banks was cooler.

Yeah Drew. You guys know each other? I forget byron is small lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan

Regional equivalent terms

Although the term bogan is understood across Australia and New Zealand, certain regions have their own slang terms for the same group of people. These terms include:

"Bevan in Queensland.[3]"

UUHHHHHHHHH.....