Happy Australia day batches!

2»

Comments

• Yeah Drew. You guys know each other? I forget byron is small lol
    It is a small town.I am in Mullumbimby but I sell vinyl at Byron markets and met him there. Nice Guy and his show on bayFM is well worth the listen

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan

Regional equivalent terms

Although the term bogan is understood across Australia and New Zealand, certain regions have their own slang terms for the same group of people. These terms include:

"Bevan in Queensland.[3]"

UUHHHHHHHHH.....

My Last name is Bowden and I used to cop Bogan as a nickname for a while at primary and high school but after smacking a few heads the teasing did stop.

I heard a dude refer to a group of people around Byron as Cosmic Bogans which is a term i have never heard but summed up a certain substrata really well. You know the types, bong heads, tie die tshirts but rough as guts and secret love for Jimi barnes and rose tattoo.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Ha... theres no need to hide love for Rose Tatoo

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan

Regional equivalent terms

Although the term bogan is understood across Australia and New Zealand, certain regions have their own slang terms for the same group of people. These terms include:

"Bevan in Queensland.[3]"

UUHHHHHHHHH.....

Bev, you know dudes in Bris been laughing for years that you're this hiphop dude whose also a bevan. I actually resent that bogan has become the dominant paradigm up here, you almost never hear bevan round these parts anymore at all. All these fucken victorians moving up here.. tsk..

(btw Bruce says whatup - he's scored a permanent job in the UQ library now and is mostly found enjoying his new weed vaporizer of a weekday afternoon.)

• I was collecting donations for entry to the story bridge hotel for the variety club all oz day. 2 separate people told me "get a haircut and get a real job".

Both were wearing thongs. One had no shirt, the other a Hawaiian number with embroidered XXXX logo.