Comments

• This sounds really nice, what is it? Where is it from? This Dilla?

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Yep, those guys are nice.

I'm feeling these as well:

Hudson Mohawke
    myspace.com/hudsonmo

Mike Slott
    myspace.com/mikeslottbeats

Ras G
    myspace.com/rasg

1000names
    myspace.com/1000names

Black Monk
    myspace.com/blackmonk77

Super Smoky Soul
    myspace.com/supersmokysoul

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    This sounds really nice, what is it? Where is it from? This Dilla?

Not Dilla, but the influence seems obvious to me. Mark Pritchard has been making music under a number of different aliases (Troubleman, part of Harmonic 33, Jedi Knights) since 1990-ish, and his new project sounds all cosmic-Detroit Dilla style.

Paul White is a new dude, and he is very dude. That second clip is some kind of Phil Spector in dubstep '08 played out on a big system business.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    FALSE ADVERTISEMENT

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    YO HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD OF CYBOTORN I THINK THAT HE BIT DILLA SON.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    This is a little too much....One thing is inspiration another is straight up stealing. Obviously with the real talent/ability that Dilla had these beats would have sounded right, instead these sound like they were made in 15 minutes .No disrespect intended.
    Unforunately this was going to happen at some point.I mean there were already alot of people taking alot of inspiration from his style(Black milk,House shoes,etc...) before his death. Now we've embarked on a new era in which everybody wants to sound like him. Just because you like an artist doesn't mean u should be like him. Welcome to the era in which little kids with an MPC 1000 or 500 try to jack Jay Dee's style while sampling from MP3's and Cd's...ethics are just non-existant anymore.
    That's just my 2 cents.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I know what your saying and agree with but i think you should read a little about Mark Pritchard before you write him off as some dilla clone. The man is seriously talented and has been around for years doing his thing.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I know what your saying and agree with but i think you should read a little about Mark Pritchard before you write him off as some dilla clone. The man is seriously talented and has been around for years doing his thing.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Cool, I'll check it out... It wasn't aimed particularly at him...

• This is a little too much....One thing is inspiration another is straight up stealing. Obviously with the real talent/ability that Dilla had these beats would have sounded right, instead these sound like they were made in 15 minutes .No disrespect intended.
    Unforunately this was going to happen at some point.I mean there were already alot of people taking alot of inspiration from his style(Black milk,House shoes,etc...) before his death. Now we've embarked on a new era in which everybody wants to sound like him. Just because you like an artist doesn't mean u should be like him. Welcome to the era in which little kids with an MPC 1000 or 500 try to jack Jay Dee's style while sampling from MP3's and Cd's...ethics are just non-existant anymore.
    That's just my 2 cents.

this statement is on point.

some of the music is nice but you can't replace the charm that dilla had.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    reeeeeemix

some of the music is nice but you can't replace the soul[/b] that dilla had.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    personally i'd take pritchard's catalog over dilla's any day. but it's cool you guys keep talking about things you don't know.

• reeeeeemix

some of the music is nice but you can't replace the soul[/b] that dilla had.

better put.

personally i'd take pritchard's catalog over dilla's any day. but it's cool you guys keep talking about things you don't know.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I don't know if that was directed to me, but I haven't even heard any of those fools.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    i wouldn't take their catalog over dilla's, but you should def heard of them. they are dope

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

I don't know if that was directed to me, but I haven't even heard any of those fools.

Pritchard's got a 17 years+ production career of premium music to trawl through. You've probably already heard his work and not known it, and you'll find more variation than in Dilla's catalogue... this post wasn't meant to draw direct comparisions, but the influence is to me a good thing as unfortunately I won't be able to pick up much new Dilla material in the future - what's left? Listen for something approaching[/b] Dilla's sound I guess.

Roobarb & Custard ('91) - I could ask anyone my age in England, and they'll know that tune. Pritchard's work traverses Hardcore, Techno, Deep House, Jungle/DnB, Lounge, nu-Jazz, and yes, wonky-electro hip-hop beats, and I'd put him alongside producers like 4-Hero, Danny Breaks and obviously Tom Middleton.

Day, f you can find them, I think you'd like some of these recent things:

http://www.fatcity.co.uk/audio/postprocessed/NOW-Pirates-TroublemanRmx.mp3

http://www.fatcity.co.uk/audio/postprocessed/intergalactictm.mp3

http://www.fatcity.co.uk/audio/postprocessed/shawnleekissskypritchard175309.mp3

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    electronic music = variation?

But whatever... threads like these get old.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    YO HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD OF COIL I THINK THAT HE BIT DILLA SON.