confess who's a Scrabulous addict?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I always sucked at Scrabble and now I remember why. F*ck these two-word using MFers (even though I've been forced to turn into one). who else has been sucked into this black hole?

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Got sucked into it for a couple weeks.
    Those nerds made me feel stoooooopid.
    My self esteem was taking a critical beat down, so i quit.
    What the hell is up with all those Q without U words?
    I call BS!

• yeah it's like the internet makes me a better scrabble player somehow.

PS-I couldn't help but smile at the Sharon Jones show when you played that Cindy & the Playmates record. Never thought I would hear that played in a set. Good Choice.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    internet boggle is hot right now.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I call BS!

QIS.

I'm learning new words.

I can't hang. That shit fucks with my vision.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

I can't hang. That shit fucks with my vision.

you gotta get in the zone. its like reading the matrix

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Yeah - big news lately. Seriously, it's a miracle they didn't get sued sooner.

I mean, Scrabulous? Why not just name it, "Hey, sue us!"

My guess: all parties come to an agreeable arrangement. Scrabble hasn't gotten love like this since the Dictionary Flood of 1973.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I call BS!

QIS.

I'm learning new words.

don't sleep on QAT. XI and XU are big too.

I play Scrabulous via Facebook:

Rating 1590
    Completed 74
    Won 60
    Lost 14
    Best Bingo CLOAKING for 110 points.

and on their site:

Current Rating 1804
    Best Rating 1864
    Games Won 27 (58.7%)
    Games Lost 18 (39.13%)
    Highest Score 510

So, yeah... I'm an addict.

• So let's hear about some high scores.. I won a game last week with something like 491 points. I got three scrabbles!

So let's hear about some high scores.. I won a game last week with something like 491 points. I got three scrabbles!

Well look at the big brain on Dori!

• My best bonus yet:

Who do I talk to to get minger into the dictionary?

My best bonus yet:

If all those in the know, start dropping minger into our daily speak
    it could happen sooner rather than later.
    Minger on Brother!

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    My best bonus yet:

If all those in the know, start dropping minger into our daily speak
    it could happen sooner rather than later.
    Minger on Brother!

the scrabulous world is gonna be shook

So let's hear about some high scores.. I won a game last week with something like 491 points. I got three scrabbles!

by scrabbles, you mean bingos (used all 7 tiles for 50-point bonus)?

My highest score in a timed game is 506 points.

Got into Scrabble more than before after the film Word Wars and the book Word Freaks... I know scores in the 400s and 500s would've been competitive with those players back then, but they added the words "qi" and "za" since then... that had to have changed the game substantially.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    If anyone wants to get another game going on Facebook, drop me a PM. Only casual games for me, though, can't be checking all day every day.

I'm still a little new to Scrabble but I am feeling the four-letter words like Quay and Waif.

I hope this lawsuit ends amicably.

If anyone wants to get another game going on Facebook, drop me a PM.

Ditto.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT SCRABULOUS IS BUT I AM ADDICTED TO REAL SCRABBLE. HERE'S A GOOD ONE TO EFF UP PEOPLE'S MINDS WITH:

CRWTH[/b]

TWO LETTER WORDS ARE WHAT SCRABBLE IS ALL ABOUT. QI IS A COMMON ONE... ALSO GET FAMILIAR WITH XI AND XU. ALWAYS TRY TO USE YOUR X TWO WAYS ON THE TRIPLE SCORE JAWN, GUARANTEED AT LEAST FITTY. KNOW THE POWER OF YOUR S TILE (REEEEEAL IMPORTANT). DON'T GET STUCK ON THE SEVEN LETTER JAWNS, BUT IF YOU CAN ROCK THAT YOU CAN KNOCK FOOLS OUT THE BOX. X, Y, Z, Q... MASTER WORDS THAT UTILIZE THESE LETTERS AND YOU WILL BUST AZZ ON THE REG

I ALSO WILL BUST YO AZZ AT

I DON'T KNOW WHAT SCRABULOUS IS BUT I AM ADDICTED TO REAL SCRABBLE. HERE'S A GOOD ONE TO EFF UP PEOPLE'S MINDS WITH:

CRWTH[/b]

TWO LETTER WORDS ARE WHAT SCRABBLE IS ALL ABOUT. QI IS A COMMON ONE... ALSO GET FAMILIAR WITH XI AND XU. ALWAYS TRY TO USE YOUR X TWO WAYS ON THE TRIPLE SCORE JAWN, GUARANTEED AT LEAST FITTY. KNOW THE POWER OF YOUR S TILE (REEEEEAL IMPORTANT). DON'T GET STUCK ON THE SEVEN LETTER JAWNS, BUT IF YOU CAN ROCK THAT YOU CAN KNOCK FOOLS OUT THE BOX. X, Y, Z, Q... MASTER WORDS THAT UTILIZE THESE LETTERS AND YOU WILL BUST AZZ ON THE REG

Scrabulous is essentially identical to Scrabble, only you play it at scrabulous.com or via facebook (similar site to myspace, friendster, etc).

Your advice is on point with one exception... I think people should do all of the above while ALSO be looking for 7-letter words and try to "build" their racks accordingly.

For instance, if you have the titles "re" or "un" or "ing" on your rack but don't see a 7-letter word you can play, find a way to use your remaining tiles to make a respectable (15 to 25 point) move. The chances that you'll can use those tiles as prefix or suffix for a bingo on the next move are very good.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

CRWTH[/b]

Scrabulous is essentially identical to Scrabble, only you play it at scrabulous.com or via facebook (similar site to myspace, friendster, etc).

Your advice is on point with one exception... I think people should do all of the above while ALSO be looking for 7-letter words and try to "build" their racks accordingly.

For instance, if you have the titles "re" or "un" or "ing" on your rack but don't see a 7-letter word you can play, find a way to use your remaining tiles to make a respectable (15 to 25 point) move. The chances that you'll can use those tiles as prefix or suffix for a bingo on the next move are very good.

, ... i'm with you on that. it's just that i play with some cats who LIVE for that seven letter bingo jawn. they will skip turns and try to hold on to that seven letter killer even when there's no place to add it on. i say just break up your rack if it's not there and keep it movin'. you've got the right way to do it, though... hang on to your "ing" or "ed" or whatever and just use the other letters, hopefully you'll be able to bust it out on your next go round.
    me and my homies are ULTRA competitive with this scrabble schitt... the board might get thrown across the room if schitt don't go right

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'll school anyone in Scrabble over facebook: dan zacks

in toronto, right? friend request sent.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I led a deprived childhood, so I just started playing last October. I was at a gay yellow fever (Asian fetish) bar and this go-go dancer and his friend taught me. I'm starting to play really well now--it definitely helps to know a lot of medical terms/science words. I beat my dermatologist once by playing 'anginous' and 'excema.'

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I played Scrabble a lot with my ex; she beat me damn near every time because she actually had some semblence of strategy, whereas I just liked seeing what words could be formed. Shit was tons o' fun, though. I even bought the travel version to take on road trips.

Ironically, Scrabulous via Facebook shut down just as two strutters started games w/ me. I figured that was the end given the lawsuit... but seems to be back up now.

• I play into the wee hours of the night when I'm on the road and I know no one.

YA'LL FOOLS DON'T WANT IT!!!!!

gormecca is the screen name find me.

uh... by "school" did you mean delete our game as soon as I pulled ahead with a bingo?

... cuz it looks like that's what happened.

uh... by "school" did you mean delete our game as soon as I pulled ahead with a bingo?

... cuz it looks like that's what happened.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts