Diggin' Advice In India

2»

Comments

• LOL. but what did she do to get those records?

not cool

i see no harm

• you go to delhi? i can let you know the contact of the biggest collector in india. rumours say that he and his dad have doubles of every record ever released in india.

• A girl friend of mine went to India on a two week trip about four years ago. Fellow strutter D-Mac and I asked her to bring us back some records not really expecting much. D even gave her a wish list (Shalimar etc.) She had no luck until her last day when she found "the record guy." She brought us back about 12 records most of which she bought because she liked the covers. About two thirds were bangers including

I don't think she even wanted any money for them. Thanks Lyndsay!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    he sended me a list of stuff people are usually looking for and the list said he had 81 copies of ananda shankar & his music for sale

no surprise - not raer at all. same goes for most of the usual suspects (like Burman).

I've been looking for a copy for a decent price for a little while now. Any leads?

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    Just say lund chus to get in the inner circle and if someones asking too much $ say chup ke chut hai and they know you know the deal.

Surely "Chup Kar Chutiye", Chutiye!

Be careful with the "Lund Chus"...
    hahaha

for a good time ask for rundi

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    he sended me a list of stuff people are usually looking for and the list said he had 81 copies of ananda shankar & his music for sale

no surprise - not raer at all. same goes for most of the usual suspects (like Burman).

I've been looking for a copy for a decent price for a little while now. Any leads?
    I was talking about my experience in India and Pakistan, where it is not that hard to find decent copies of this and other in demand records (and rather easy to find fucked up copies). In the US and Europe, the situation is obviously different and you will usually have to pay...

• No. i realy meant wtf did she do because i tryed so hard to find shit over there and it was Frickin' impossible, i even asked performers who did shows, dj's at shows (cddjs) and cd shop owners, fuck i even put an add in the newspaper and got fuck all back from it, i didnt mean anything sexualy inclined.

• I think what you were probably missing is some juice with locals.

Wife was on business, had people hosting her at every stop and she was working with her Indian counterparts from the company. So, not exactly strangers.

I'm being dead ass when I tell you, she merely asked where to find records. She is not a "digger". She supplied a short list of maybe 10 titles, and brought back 6 or 7 LPs from the list, in rough but enjoyable condition.

I've never been to India, and I was cracking wise above... but it can't possibly be so hard as you're making it out to be. Maybe you were asking the wrong people...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    What cities were you in?

• North Goa, South Goa and Mumbai.

You should've been able to come up with something in Mumbai. Chor bazaar at least. I guess you have bad luck or something. Sorry dude.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    North Goa, South Goa and Mumbai.

not speaking from experience, but i cant imagine being able to find records in goa. mumbia shoulda been poppin though.

not speaking from experience, but i cant imagine being able to find records in goa. mumbia shoulda been poppin though.

Ever heard "Paka Paka" by Usha & Chris Perry? Sounds like an Ethiopiques type banger.

• Kid just lacks digger's touch, ain't no thang.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    not related, but ndn related...how absolutely badass is this!!!

more here
    http://thecomicproject.blogspot.com/2006/10/comic-168-supremo-hijack.html

gonna be in goa in the spring, can't wait!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

Ever heard "Paka Paka" by Usha & Chris Perry? Sounds like an Ethiopiques type banger.

Usha uttap right?

o schnapps.. funky chicken

http://www.hummaa.com/albumpage.php?pg=ja&lg=13&lc=albums&md=24049&ps=0

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

more here

dood.. you should totaly make a comic book. wait... do you have one?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

more here

dood.. you should totaly make a comic book. wait... do you have one?

hey thanks, gotta get back into the art stuff its been a long time. but im planning a revolution for brown folk everywhere! here's my site that hasn't been updated in a while:
    http://www.brownvado.com/main.htm