REP YO RIDE (nrr)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I'm getting tired of my '05 Accord (I've always owned a boring but realiable Japanese sedan) and am thinking of getting a 300C...or a Cadillac CTS. So from this:to:Anyone own one? Do you have fams that own one? All the transmission problems and hemi rattling that's noted in the 300c equivalent to the 'Strut forums got me a little shook, but I figure since it's a known issue...What are you all pushing today?

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    here's my car when I first bought it:

here is is after getting t-boned in Chicago:

but it's all better now...mostly.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Black Volvo S60......

• Black Honda Fit.

sensible. fuel efficient. practicle. fine by me.

wifey and i are a 1 car family...this gets 'er done, and i'd do it again from now until whenever.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

but my first car was:

(a 2-door)

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    I'm getting tired of my '05 Accord (I've always owned a boring but realiable Japanese sedan) and am thinking of getting a 300C...or a Cadillac CTS.

So from this:

to:

Anyone own one? Do you have fams that own one? All the transmission problems and hemi rattling that's noted in the 300c equivalent to the 'Strut forums got me a little shook, but I figure since it's a known issue...

What are you all pushing today?

stick with japanese cars dude, the shit thats out there now being pushed is pure crap. Too many problems with american and german vehicles.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

stick with japanese cars dude, the shit thats out there now being pushed is pure crap. Too many problems with american and german vehicles.

I know, but it looks so dope! Arrgh. Maybe I'll just save some duckets and get a Bentley someday and laugh about the time I thought getting a 300C was a good idea.

• stick with japanese cars dude, the shit thats out there now being pushed is pure crap. Too many problems with american and german vehicles.

I know, but it looks so dope! Arrgh.

dog, all those new american sedans just look like fake, lowrent bentleys.

just say no to bootleg bentleys!

HAHA, SEEN. I just like how they look. Have you ever seen 22"s on an Accord? Exactly. I'd almost rather have the unreliable car with the rims at this point haha. Maybe I should get it over with and just get a DONK, Mcdonald's branded of course

I love the branding. I hope they got sponsored by Mcdonalds, I hope. Free cheeseburgers for life, whee!

• I gotcha...tricked out honda compacts are such a silly look. Get Thee to the GONE IN 60 SECONDS SEQUEL audtions, POST HASTE!

And, my taste in cars has nothing to do with looks- they are a low interest item, as my friends in advertising tell me. Gimme something that works, and I don't have to think about, and I'm all set.

That said...given that the 'boss,' at work drives a bentley, and i get to walk past it every day in the summer...well, the difference between the real deal and Chrysler 600 is the difference between (apologies to mark twain) lightning and a lightning bug.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

HAHA, SEEN. I just like how they look. Have you ever seen 22"s on an Accord? Exactly. I'd almost rather have the unreliable car with the rims at this point haha. Maybe I should get it over with and just get a DONK, Mcdonald's branded of course

yo, 22'a on car is so yesterday. Do the 26's

That said...given that the 'boss,' at work drives a bentley, and i get to walk past it every day in the summer...well, the difference between the real deal and Chrysler 600 is the difference between (apologies to mark twain) lightning and a lightning bug.

SEEN, I would say that's a given. FUCK IT I'MMA STACK UP AND BUY A PHANTOM. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLLS!

Actually I'mma get one of these

cos

"-never buy a phantom 28"s can't fit"

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    no car now , but in high school i was rolling in something very similar to this:

except instead of the baby blue mine was oh so sexy beige/tan.....oh how the ladies flocked to that car.

ZOOM A ZOOM ZOOM IN YO BOOM BOOM

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    I'm getting tired of my '05 Accord (I've always owned a boring but realiable Japanese sedan) and am thinking of getting a 300C...or a Cadillac CTS.

My whip is a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX...a reliable, but definitely not boring Japanese sedan.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

My whip is a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX...a reliable, but definitely not boring Japanese sedan.
    ditto (is 2005 though)club spec
    shame what they did to them now

My father in law is intent on stepping up to this:

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Black Honda Fit.

sensible. fuel efficient. practicle. fine by me.

wifey and i are a 1 car family...this gets 'er done, and i'd do it again from now until whenever.

, although here in Aus it's known as a Honda Jazz. We've named him Theolonious.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

my rusty trusty gazelle

and my fietsfabriek busines ride.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    i drive a boring japanese sedan.

• stick with japanese cars dude, the shit thats out there now being pushed is pure crap. Too many problems with american and german vehicles.

never owned an audi? totally reliable and drive like a dream

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

2001 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab

1956 Volkswagen Type 1

I'm getting tired of going to the pump all of the time with the truck. It gets around 16 or 17 miles to the gallon. More and more lately I want to sell it and get another Honda or Acura.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

never owned an audi? totally reliable and drive like a dream

I own a 2000 Audi A8 and it is an orgasm on wheels! Its really what a driving experience should be all about. The catch is its high maintenance... Thankfully a) I put about 4,000 miles / year on a car and b) I got it for very cheap.

If you drive a lot, I would recommend a boring Japanese vehicle... We rock a Lexus GX 470 as a primary vehicle and its awesome. Lexus service is impeccable as well.

DO NOT BUY A CHRYSLER! My wife leased a PT Cruiser and it was in the shop once a month. And drove horribly... and this was the top of the line Luxury PT.

• That's the thing...I'm up to 30,000 miles/year. So, I want something safe, efficient, and affordable that I can run into the ground, and then replace wtihout a second thought.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

but my first car was:

(a 2-door)

CI-TAY-SHUN!!!

Ha ha! My first car as well! I still yell out every time I see one.

but my first car was:

(a 2-door)

CI-TAY-SHUN!!!

Ha ha! My first car as well! I still yell out every time I see one.

This car was a total p.o.s. but I have found memories of it, nonetheless. 4 speed, manual, with an AM radio with one speaker.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

This car was a total p.o.s. but I have found memories of it, nonetheless. 4 speed, manual, with an AM radio with one speaker.

I had the automatic ... horrible. But, similarly, I have fond memories.

Nowadays its ...

I said lady, step inside my Hyundai
    I'm gonna take you up to Glendale
    Gonna take you for a real good meal

Not much has changed in the "stylin" department.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Motor Trend 2008 Car of the Year:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Here is what fills my garage/driveway today....