FAVORITE NEIL YOUNG ALBUM

2»

Comments

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I can't pick a favourite. Too hard
    The song he does at the end of that movie Philadelphia is really pretty. Piano
    Tom Hanks dies AND this song starts playing = best part of the movie.
    philadelphia.mp3 - 5.66MB

• I have no favorite...maybe Decade.

If you're on the fence, you really gotta see him live to get the full effect. See an acoustic show and then a Crazy Horse set if you can. He's one of the living giants.

• Strictly for the guitar playing, I probably enjoy this the most:

Huge cosine. The fact that it's all improvised too is incredible! Good film too. Definitely one of Depp's weirdest.

- J

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    You're all too cool for school. Not one mention of Harvest in all those top fives?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You're all too cool for school. Not one mention of Harvest in all those top fives?

I'm not ever sure it'd make my top 10. There are some crap songs that really weigh it down.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I know, right? "Old Man" and "Heart of Gold" are some of my favorite songs from him. It's tough to say for me. Everybody Knows This is Nowhere was my first real exposure to him and "Cowgirl in the Sand" is my shit, but I'll have to ride with After the Gold Rush. That one is just...

• Strictly for the guitar playing, I probably enjoy this the most:

Huge cosine. The fact that it's all improvised too is incredible!

If I remember the liner notes correctly, this was improvised while he watched the film, right? That is a pretty interesting way to "compose"...

Can't pick a favorite either, his catalog is heavy on good, and light on bad. On the Beach has been getting the most rotations lately, primarily because I found a replacement to my formerly skated copy.

Good film too. Definitely one of Depp's weirdest.
    - J

As an aside, for another great and weird Depp film, check out Emir Kusturica's Arizona Dream, co-starring Jerry Lewis, Faye Dunaway, Lili Taylor, and strut favorite Vincent Gallo.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    American Stars and Bars

^^^WILL TO LOVE OWNZ ALL

Close 2nd: On The Beach

Does anyone ride for Trans????? HHhHhahahahahah

Yea, that's the one! Isn't Linda Ronsdat(SP?) all over that as well as some well know country singer? I used to rock this cassette all day!

Home Grown baby!

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

• American Stars and Bars

^^^WILL TO LOVE OWNZ ALL

Close 2nd: On The Beach

Does anyone ride for Trans????? HHhHhahahahahah

Yea, that's the one! Isn't Linda Ronsdat(SP?) all over that as well as some well know country singer? I used to rock this cassette all day!

this is my fave as well. the old country waltz, hey babe and will to love kill me.

• Jesus Christ, I h a t e Neil Young. HATE. Frickin' HATE.

• Jesus Christ, I h a t e Neil Young. HATE. Frickin' HATE.

Misplaced hate, my friend.

m-i-s-p-l-a-c-e-d.

• am i still alone in the world, the only one to appreciate just this one Neil Young album in his canon?

• There may be a couple of duds on Harvest but the good tunes on it are so good that you are still basking in their glow while the crappy ones play.