dudes im broke :(

deejdeej 5,125 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
i got laid off this past weekwhat do you do for extra cash???im getting the lol sex worker lol drug dealer lol record sales jokes out of the way now so be creativethis thread is partly serious and partly for joeks

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i'm about to sell a bunch of records because i'm also broke and need to wait two more weeks until payroll lag is done.

• Sorry to hear that, dude,
    What kinda job was it?

• what do you do for extra cash???

Get a crate, some crack and some house slippers, newspaper, lookout boy, and get your chips up. Or get a gun, a mask, an escape route, some duct tape and make them take you to the house.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

im getting the lol sex worker lol drug dealer lol record sales jokes out of the way now so be creative

i'm picturing jim anchower saying "dudes i'm so broke" actually.

sorry about getting laid off, but you should hit up the temp agency if you need something asap. what was your old job?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i was a researcher/writer at a non profit (for nearly two years), but it was not a very financially secure one...cool job, cool organization but not v. well managed. nature of the business, i guess, unless yr in an established org ... i've got unemployment coming to me but i also have a modest consumer debt

staffing agency for non-profit jobs in illinois

http://www.npo.net/jobs/joblist.asp

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    nice, thanks

oops my bad that isnt a staffing agency just an open job list. i'm sure you can find ones that specialize in non-profits though.

• i just got a job as a bellboy at this 1000 dollar a night condo/hotel place at the base of vail. I cake like 200-300 a day. Bell boys get paid. Today was my first day... but honestly. YOu could always use this as an opportunity to get self employed through odd jobs. shit is fun if you can swing it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    is that a chile relleno with mustard

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

what do you do for extra cash???

Get a crate, some crack and some house slippers, newspaper, lookout boy, and get your chips up. Or get a gun, a mask, an escape route, some duct tape and make them take you to the house.

ski mask way

• I'm kind of in the same boat deej. My business just folded. C'est la vie.

I feel like I have 2 options -

1) Scramble to get another job before the 6 weeks of pay i'm owed run out.

2) Take the opportunity to try to make my side hustles pay the bills. Freelance design, painting horrible 'modern' stuff for bougiose lounge rooms, Getting back to DJing, and poster printing.

So I guess my question is, do you have any other things going on or skills you're not using? Might be a good chance to give them a go.

• Where do you live, Deej?

If there are marketable items in your home town, not available elsewhere, you can do the ebay flip shuffle.

If you were laid off, unemployment is real easy to get. You earned it by working so don't think you're mooching off society. It's there to help in times of need.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Stick-up Shawna for her publishing.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

goodluck though

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Where do you live, Deej?

If there are marketable items in your home town, not available elsewhere, you can do the ebay flip shuffle.

If you were laid off, unemployment is real easy to get. You earned it by working so don't think you're mooching off society. It's there to help in times of need.

There are so many odd jobs that can easily be found, part time work, even standing around as security or retail or whatever. Just hustle, man, and you'll see it's all a game, you just need to know how to market yourself. The free market creates opportunities, you just have to take it. Peep out the "work of my hands thraed" Twoply is molding dildos for a mad profit AKA gettin that eurotrash money. An order of 15K to Sweden? Schiza!

I've always found changes in employment as a means of positive advancement and self improvement instead of seeing it as an obstacle. Don't say "woe is me, I'm broke"...instead get out there and talk to EVERYONE..friends, family..explain to them your situation. Last time I changed jobs I landed a 30% pay increase and a way better working situation, before the housing market took a downturn, sigh. Now I'm just hustling and doing even better, actually.

The pentultimate example of movin on up by changing jobs is the investment community. These dudes leave jobs at Goldman, Lehman, etc and take a massive hit, like millions in sales commissions.

Then they start a hedge fund with just a million or whatever and now they own 3% of the trades in the NYX. Dudes like Stephen Cohen and Ken Griffin. So serious.

Whoops, I stand corrected:

"Kenneth C. Griffin (born 1968 in Daytona Beach, Florida) is an American hedge fund manager. Currently, he is Managing Director and CEO of Citadel Investment Group, a Chicago based hedge fund. A self-made billionaire, he founded and propelled Citadel to one of the largest and most successful hedge funds in the world.

Formerly, little was known about Griffin; in previous years he avoided extensive press coverage in a manner similar to other hedge fund managers such as billionaire Steven A. Cohen[1]. Recently, more information has become known about Griffin because he has granted more interviews. The secrecy of Citadel also appears to be changing, as rumors of plans to launch an IPO of the firm have surfaced. In addition, the muscle of Citadel is difficult to miss in the financial world; at $16 billion in assets[2], the fund accounts for 1-3% of trading in Tokyo and New York...."

The point:

"Citadel was officially founded Nov. 1, 1990 with $4.2 million; "

Think about that, 4.2mil to 16 BILLION[/b]. Do the math folls, the dude is 40.

goodluck though

Actually some of deej's favorite rappers are excellent examples of THA HUSTLE AKA MASTERING THE GAME.

THA HUSTLE AKA MASTERING THa GAME.

when in doubt, turn to the ,

YOUNG JEEZY
    "Let's Get It / Sky's The Limit"

Tryin to get Bosey George and Diego money
    And stack it all up like Lego money
    Played with them blocks call it Tetris
    Real talk a hundred carats in my necklace
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds naw n*gga not me
    I see opportunity im a opportunist
    n*gga you heard what I said im a opportunist
    Soft to hard white to green
    All these free agents you better build your team
    I commentate the game like John Madden
    Cause I played in the game like John Madden

[Chorus]
    The world is yours and everything in it
    its out there get on your grind and get it "ay"
    Hands in the air, "sky's the limit n*gga" hands in the air "yeah"
    The world is yours and every bitch in it
    Its out there get on your grind and get it "ay"
    Hands in the air, "sky's the limit n*gga" hands in the air "jeah"

You can do anything you put your mind to, put your grind to
    Forgetful ass n*gga must I remind you
    Men do what the want boys do what they can
    And it aint no secret im a grown ass man
    With my hands on the bible and I solemnly swear
    Leave the mall with more shoes than I can possibly wear
    n*ggas still hatin but they can kiss my ass
    Still get a hard on when I count that cash
    I give em the squares he give me the bag
    I give em the squares he give me the cash
    And that's what the fuck a call an even exchange
    And if theres anything extra you can keep the change

[Chorus]

Grind sundown till it comes up again
    Stay down till we come up again
    Its all in the game the ups the downs
    Its all in the game the O's the pounds
    The shit was all good just a week ago
    Whole click was eatin good just a week ago
    Its all good n*gga give us a month
    Thinking of a master plan while I smoke this blunt
    Went to Houston and back now everybody got coupes
    Put the word in the street that supply the troops
    I just call em how I see em,
    serve these n*ggas third person dog I aint tryin to see em

[Chorus]

Also, more words to live by:

???Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1.??? - Warren Buffett.[/b]

Pretty much sums it up. Eliminate your liabilities, increase your assets. Ain't rocket science, I leave that up to the researchers at NASA.

• deeseldeesel 61 Posts

Formerly, little was known about Griffin; in previous years he avoided extensive press coverage in a manner similar to other hedge fund managers such as billionaire Steven A. Cohen[1]. Recently, more information has become known about Griffin because he has granted more interviews. The secrecy of Citadel also appears to be changing, as rumors of plans to launch an IPO of the firm have surfaced. In addition, the muscle of Citadel is difficult to miss in the financial world; at $16 billion in assets[2], the fund accounts for 1-3% of trading in Tokyo and New York...."

The point:

"Citadel was officially founded Nov. 1, 1990 with $4.2 million; "

Think about that, 4.2mil to 16 BILLION[/b]. Do the math folls, the dude is 40.

I interviewed with these guys a few months ago. I didn't get the job, but it was interesting hearing the guy drop so much knowledge in 30 mins.

I interviewed with these guys a few months ago. I didn't get the job, but it was interesting hearing the guy drop so much knowledge in 30 mins.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    i got laid off this past week

im getting the lol sex worker lol drug dealer lol record sales jokes out of the way now so be creative

this thread is partly serious and partly for joeks

yo on some real talk this country is heading into a recession. The unemployment rate is at 5% again. Fuck talking about gas prices, shits so bad i know people with two master degrees and they've been out of work for over a year now.

Fuck talking about gas prices, shits so bad i know people with two master degrees and they've been out of work for over a year now.

Indeed, but in my opinion those people with 2 masters degrees and can't find a job aren't acquainted with the concept of the hustle or are simply barking up the wrong trees.

What 2 degrees do they hold?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Fuck talking about gas prices, shits so bad i know people with two master degrees and they've been out of work for over a year now.

Indeed, but in my opinion those people with 2 masters degrees and can't find a job aren't acquainted with the concept of the hustle or are simply barking up the wrong trees.

What 2 degrees do they hold?

Muddafuckas with all these dumb ass arts degrees, I bet. I see these dudes on the daily. "You did your thesis on Beowolf? That's great. Go alphabetize these files."

I am actually really terribly almost asshurtedly sorely disappointed in the NYC Asshole contingent for not clowning deej more for being broke. I have nothing to look forward to anymore in life if you guys aren't keeping up on your keep ups with the clron. It is seroius. PAGING FAUX AND JP, prease on aile 4 we need to mop this schitt up.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yo, on a serious tip, I'm sure Deej went to college. He should visit the HR dept of his school. They're always hiring people do all kinds of stuff, from lab assistants to office helpers. The pay is usually good because colleges are union shops & it looks good on your CV.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I am actually really terribly almost asshurtedly sorely disappointed in the NYC Asshole contingent for not clowning deej more for being broke. I have nothing to look forward to anymore in life if you guys aren't keeping up on your keep ups with the clron. It is seroius. PAGING FAUX AND JP, prease on aile 4 we need to mop this schitt up.

There is nothing funny about losing your job.

b/w

Perhaps Tom Breihan needs a copyboy.

• We might argue but Deej got a lot more to offer than most poasters on this site. I'm not a kick-a-guy-when-he's-down kind of dude.

lulz @ mylatency and his jeezy quotes