so people are really paying this shit?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
*shows late pass*

damn.

I was looking up the value of some of my rap rackords to sell. While most are going for $10-20, some of the CD versions are going for 3/4/5/6/10 times more.

Why?

http://stores.ebay.com/MrMikals-CD-Shop_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm

$200?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    $200?

Heads entering the modern age looking for something better than mp3 quality and something more modern than lps (what's a turntable?) of their favorite old school jams. Many are the result of bidding wars of course. I sold a random Just Ice CD for $23 or something.

Anyhow, plaese to sell/send me all copies of K-Dee - Ass Cash or Grass. I will pay for CDs and LPs.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    I like Boogie Boys as much as the next man but.... HELL NAW.

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    Well technically nobody has payed for those. He is trying to see if he can get that much. I doubt they will sell anytime soon. I don't know.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

$70?

$40 for Pharoah Monche?

I better start hittin' the used rap CD sections again.
    I done picked up most all the classic joints I figured I would want back around the turn of the millenium, courtesy of DCs and PG County's finest Pawn Shops.
    $1 - $5 a cd. Nowadays, most pawn shops just carry DVDs, and the CDs are an anemic choice at best.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    $200?

Heads entering the modern age looking for something better than mp3 quality and something more modern than lps (what's a turntable?) of their favorite old school jams. Many are the result of bidding wars of course. I sold a random Just Ice CD for $23 or something.

Anyhow, plaese to sell/send me all copies of K-Dee - Ass Cash or Grass. I will pay for CDs and LPs.

Just a couple weeks ago, I saw a bidding war over a Just Ice cd go well over 100 bucks. There are definitely cds that are worth $$$$ (Rap-A-Lot, Bay Area, "Random" Rap). Don't think that any of the cds that guy has listed are worth his prices, though. That 1st MFDoom is catching high bids, too....

peace

h

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Are all those cd titles raer? i've wanted to purchase the 1st C.M.W. & the 2nd Special Ed for awhile now,can these cd's still be found in the sale bins?
    Am i gonna have to bid on it on ebay if i really want them?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

$70?

oh shit, I got that. it'l be on the bay soon enough. but, I'll let you have it Birdman for $50.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

$70?

oh shit, I got that. it'l be on the bay soon enough. but, I'll let you have it Birdman for $50.

Dude, that's why I was asking. That's what triggered my nostalgia of all those CD diggin sessions in the PG trenches! I found that at a spot near where I now live(yes, the old reliable King Pawn next to Crossroads for you DC 'Strutters-now, they don't even have ANY CDs- I used to find great shit on the regular ) for probably $2 tops. I dug it, but I doubt if I have rocked it more than twice since.

This is alwaya a connundrum for me, because maybe I could get a good price for it, but I would have to go eBay to do it, and that gives me a headache.

Is Main Source Breaking Atoms CD still going for banannas prices too?

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts

$70?

Like I said that is what he is putting as a BIN but the cd with bidding just sold for 30 and another one for 20.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    $2 --> $20 = 10% profit.

Sorry, the profit margin for eBay must exceed 20%.

Really, though, where do y'all eBallers draw the line?

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    $2 --> $20 = 10% profit.

Huh? $20 off $2 is %1000... not bad.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    $2 --> $20 = 10% profit.

Huh? $20 off $2 is %1000... not bad.

maybe he is trying to calculate after fees, etc?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    No, as you can see, I'm just really bad at math. Wow.