Post a dope R&B album from the past ten years

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    make way for this!

AK! Yes!

• Omar - Best By Far

God yes - this still gets play on the regular. His album from last year as well:

oh and raphael saadiq's "instant vintage" > ray ray with no doubt // the first works as an album in the same way classics from the seventies do, the latter is

in my musical mindgarden.

• The "Ray Ray" album? I remember Saadiq's first solo LP being very good but I was not feeling this "Ray Ray" joint. I will need to get my microwave on a give it another listen.

yeah i didn't think "ray ray" was nearly as nice as "instant vintage." i had high hopes though.... anyone down with:

?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    raphael saadiq's "instant vintage" > ray ray

Im sorry but ive tried to get into this and it just falls flat as a whole for me. There a couple of tracks but overall i think he was all over the place..IMO.

anyone down with:
    ?

teedra moses album 'complex simplicity' is hot

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I ride for this girl.

• Omar - Best By Far

God yes[/b] - this still gets play on the regular. His album from last year as well:

oh and raphael saadiq's "instant vintage" > ray ray with no doubt // the first works as an album in the same way classics from the seventies do, the latter is

in my musical mindgarden.

I??ve slept on Omar for the bulk of his career. Not until I heard ??stylin???? with Angie Stone and his track with Stevie Wonder ??Feeling you??did I finally realize that the bloke is talented but can handle himself with even with the biggest of Soul legends.

I need to get another recent 12???? of his ??s it so??.

• the bloke

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

This falls into many categories.

BAN

cody chesnutt album is garbage and barely r&b

How many of you dudes could pull this album off? Neither of you.

U cant be serious? So if somebody cant make this dude's music they arent supposed to critique it?

"Well, you cant do it?" - GTFOHWTB

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Listening to this now. This album is dope.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    uughhhhhhhhhhhhh
    can not believe no one mentioned this, to me its the yardstick that every other album since is measured against

uughhhhhhhhhhhhh
    can not believe no one mentioned this, to me its the yardstick that every other album since is measured against

to me its the yardstick

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    uughhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey DL,

I big-upped this CD two pages ago.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• A bit over 10 years old, but I will ride:

• uughhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey DL,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Its a very dope album. I like it better than the first Badu album.

Shit all the obvious ones

D'Angelo "Brown Sugar" "Vooduu"
    Raphael Saddiq "Instant Vintage" (I really like this album, the new shit he's doin is extremely dope too, very late 60'sish)
    TTT "House of Music" (when did this come out?)
    R Kelly "Chocolate Factory"
    Music "SoulStar" (i know he sucks as a singer but the production is dope)
    Bilal "Love for Sale" "1st Second Born"
    Anthony Hamilton's first joint is pretty good too.

• Also, Sleepy Brown's unreleased "For The Grown And Sexy" (despite a cringeworthy title) is real dope. Only a couple tracks made it onto the subsequently-released "Mr. Brown".

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Funny, I always kind of dug dude on the low. A few weeks ago my girl and I where just wondering ??What happend to dude??. I guess he??s pretty popular in the U.K.

Nah, he fell the fuck off. His second record tried to be one of those "all things to all people" joints, and the material just wasn't strong enough. It didn't help that, after a couple of years on the verge, his record company finally went bust after spending millions on a Victoria Beckham album that nobody wanted to hear. He came back out again with some new shit recently, but it's really nothing special.

Oh, and by the way, no love for Anthony Hamilton (EDIT: apart from Jake)? He's had out two albums of shit that sat unreleased in some major label vault for years, and they both crap all over 80% of the male-vocal r&b out there right now. Dude is proper.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    uughhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey DL,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Bilal "Love for Sale"[/b]

Yo Jake,

Where did you cop this CD? Hook a brotha up!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• uughhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey DL,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Bilal "Love for Sale"[/b]

Yo Jake,

Where did you cop this CD? Hook a brotha up!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I downloaded that shit. Don't think a official copy ever came out. Its really dope. "Hollywood", "Something To Hold Onto", "Get Outta My Hair" are all the shit among others. I think the album is on my other computer though. I would up it.

Hey Jake,

Hook that up, holmes!!! I just listened to "Something to Hold on To" on his MySpace page. Funky cut, the others up there were cool too, especially "High and Dry." That last cut sounds like some shit I'd loop up in my ASR-10!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

yeah I said it
    ketan

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

This falls into many categories.

BAN

cody chesnutt album is garbage and barely r&b

LOL--aside from the fact that "If you can't make a comparable album, then you can't speak on it" is a ridiculous argument, this is the lone album posted in this thread that both deej and I probably actually could have recorded.

• That's weird you say that - because the first thing I noticed when I met Faux_Rillz was that one eye was hazel, one was blue.

• Nobody mentioned Van Hunt's first album? Aside from the slower ballads maybe, that shit was top-notch.

Nobody mentioned Van Hunt's first album? Aside from the slower ballads maybe, that shit was top-notch.

I was gonna mention ON THE JUNGLE FLOOR, but this is quickly becoming a Neo-Soul appreciation post.

That's weird you say that - because the first thing I noticed when I met Faux_Rillz was that one eye was hazel, one was blue.

Faux-Deej The Return

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    That's weird you say that - because the first thing I noticed when I met Faux_Rillz was that one eye was hazel, one was blue.

Ah, yes--I believe that you next suggested that we endeavor a little saki...

• That's weird you say that - because the first thing I noticed when I met Faux_Rillz was that one eye was hazel, one was blue.

Ah, yes--I believe that you next suggested that we endeavor a little saki...

Indeed. Classy like some type of fly furniture store.