Post a dope R&B album from the past ten years

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited April 2018 in Music Talk
Sparkle S/T

Original Release Date: May 19, 1998 Interscope Records

SOLID R. Kelly production. Kellz produced the whole album. Soulstrut folls will like the Eddie Kendricks loop on "Time To Move On" and the fact that Camron is rappin' on the opening track. Great 90s R&B album that was even better then some of R. Kelly's releases around the same time.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Batmon,

Really? The "Ray Ray" album? I remember Saadiq's first solo LP being very good but I was not feeling this "Ray Ray" joint. I will need to get my microwave on a give it another listen.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

See I hatt his first solo Lp w/ all the tats and shit. The smooth Pimp Funk on Ray Ray was right up my alley.

There are some skippable joints but overall i likey.

Im not home to check my stash - ill add on later..... Good thread.

Yes.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Too bad Mary's new album is

Neither of them grabbed me too much, but the best tracks on No More Drama and Love&Life could have made for one pretty good record. Makes me want to hear Never Been nice and loud right now...

Neither of them grabbed me too much, but the best tracks on No More Drama and Love&Life could have made for one pretty good record. Makes me want to hear Never Been nice and loud right now...

I recently returned to Love+Life and I found it to be better than I remembered. Fans of P-Diddy's Soul samples might be alarmed. Its proto-American Ganster P-Diddy production....to a degree. Dont get me wrong.

But Diddy and his team really got some slow/dramatic Hip Hop-ish soul samples on this album.

Hmmm, I should go back to it too. I remember liking it better than No More Drama, but not enough to keep at it.

Hmmm, I should go back to it too. I remember liking it better than No More Drama, but not enough to keep at it.

No More Drama was wierd to me. Love & Life has too many tracks.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

This falls into many categories.

No More Drama was wierd to me. Love & Life has too many tracks.

yes and yes.

Jill Scott - Beautifully Human
    Beyonce - B'Day
    Kenny Lattimore & Chante Moore - Things That Lovers Do
    The Isley Bros. Featuring Ron Isley aka Mr Biggs - Eternal
    Carl Thomas - Emotional
    R.Kelly - Happy People/not the gospel side
    Omar - Best By Far
    Lina - Stranger On Earth
    Rahsaan Patterson - Love In Stereo

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    ya'll are BUGGIN.

and Mike Jones jacked her.

• Musiq "Soulstar"

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

I'll also add on:

-"Surrender to Love"-Kindred Soul Family.
    -"Instant Vintage"-Raphael Saadiq.
    -"Force of Nature"-Tank.
    -"Voodoo"-D'Angelo.
    -"Mahogany Soul"-Angie Stone.
    -"Chocolate Factory"-R. Kelly.
    -"Soulstar"-Musiq.
    -"First Born Second"-Bilal.
    -"After Hours"-Rahsaan Patterson.
    -"The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3"-Jill Scott.
    -"Bitter"-Me'Shell Ndegeocello.
    -"Mama's Gun" and "Worldwide Underground"-Erykah Badu.
    -"Subject"-Dwele.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    ya'll are BUGGIN.

I also big up "Love in Stereo" (Rashaan Patterson) and "Happy People" (R. Kelly) as well.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    oh and recently stumbled upon this one - easily forgotten about but when I heard it again - man....pretty ill.

• This falls into many categories.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

BAN

[ -Bitter-Me'Shell Ndegeocello.

THIS IS THAT SHIT.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

BAN
    cody chesnutt album is garbage and barely r&b

ginuwine - 100% ginuwine

also big stacks is on point re: both rahsaan patterson records

teedra moses album 'complex simplicity' is hot
    tweet's first album is pretty good
    brandy - full moon
    AALIYAH
    erykah badu
    amerie

is this any good?

• teedra moses album 'complex simplicity' is hot

huge co'sign. almost every track is dope. I remember grabbing this when Tower Records was closing and it??s been one of the few cd??s that I still bump on the regular. Poor girl ended up being a victim of shitty label manuevers I guess.

Seattle??s Chokolate had a great album as well. Tepid cover art and again she was aon a wack label but girl has a great voice and the production was some hip'hop shit, flawless.

• don't know how much heat I am going to get for this but that Craig David album was on point. I'd say 80% of the tracks on there I thought were great and I can listen to the whole album all the way through.

• Funny, I always kind of dug dude on the low. A few weeks ago my girl and I where just wondering ??What happend to dude??. I guess he??s pretty popular in the U.K.

I like that 7 days primo joint a lot.

don't know how much heat I am going to get for this but that Craig David album was on point. I'd say 80% of the tracks on there I thought were great and I can listen to the whole album all the way through.

I couldnt get into David's steez.

teedra moses album 'complex simplicity' is hot

huge co'sign. almost every track is dope. I remember grabbing this when Tower Records was closing and it??s been one of the few cd??s that I still bump on the regular. Poor girl ended up being a victim of shitty label manuevers I guess.

my homie gave me a sampler and I wasnt that impressed, but she does her thang on Saadiq Ray Ray which makes me wanna give her shit a deeper listen.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Sorry, but you gots to put all those records aside and make way for this!

and I forgot to mention

oh and recently stumbled upon this one - easily forgotten about but when I heard it again - man....pretty ill.

That "Send A Message" single was heat. I gotta check this shit. I was a bit turned off by dudes kufi image that seemed to be overused/cookie cutter steez at the time.