What the fuck is lupe fiasco even talking about?

2»

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Don't get mad u...

...but WHY is that people are not feeling Lupe and prefer Ross when they know in real life they're closer to Lupe than Ross. I even predict that Ross is not eager to meet nerds, where as Lupe would kick it ith you any time. I'm even sure that some of you ould get slapped and humiliated by Ross when Lupe would tap your back whie drinking some soda with you (no homo), being all friendly and shit (unless you're Republican). I mean, I don't like him either. I'm not into heavy coke distribution, i look like a nerd, but i still prefer "hustlin'" over any Lupe track. Is that bad doctor?

whatever else you wanna say about lupe, hes not really a nerd. He grew up in the hood and his manager/partner just caught 40 years in jail for moving heroin. On top of that back in 2002 he was a mixtape rapper talking about how many people hes shot.

but im not one of those people that needs all my entertainers to look like me and act like me and be like me. I have no trouble "relating" to people who have different perspectives on life.

whip it real hard, whip it, whip it real hard.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I wasn't saying he was a nerd, even tho' i kno he wasn't slangin' heron on his skateboard. His current manager was my wife's manager 10 years ago . Chilly Mac, the guy you're talking about, took 44 years indeed. But that don't make Lupe a gangster. He appeals to the nerd population more so than the average street bully. That's more what i meant...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    if you could only listen to artists that are like you, how would u handle listening to nothing but kenny g all day?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I look more like Bob James. That means i have to listen to Touchdown every day. Indeed.

• what's the difference between lupe's metaphorical super scientifcal lyrics and ghostface (early gfk, i can understand what he's talkin bout know)

i don'r ride foe lupe...i'm over the whole underground rap phase.....but seriously....half the time i just vibe to the beats that gfk rhymes over...well actually since i've been listening to him for 10 plus years, i'm finally figurin out what the fuck he's sayin

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    what's the difference between lupe's metaphorical super scientifcal lyrics and ghostface

those verses have a rhythm, a cadence to them, and they rhyme. They are in fact lyrics

• what's the difference between lupe's metaphorical super scientifcal lyrics and ghostface

those verses have a rhythm, a cadence to them, and they rhyme. They are in fact lyrics

Have any of you listened to an album by Lupe? I just listened to his whole new album. He has cadences and and rhythms for days. He also has crazy concepts. He's also a total cornball, but fuggit. I kinda like it.

cue the:

"what do you know about music, hampster-penis?"

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

i thought as a pre-album teaser and the like this tune weren't bad. isn't this that Juelz Santana - Is This Me beat or just the same sample?

it's a shame everything else this guy put out has been wack as shit.

• seems like a lot of unnecessary hate on this dude but what else is new

• seems like a lot of unnecessary hate on this dude but what else is new

he's got some likeable songs and I wouldn't mind hearing his new album, but it's the stuff he does off record in interviews and such that makes him a total cornball. He plays big into a scene and style that he basically says he's never heard of. Makes him seem like a phony, like the whole thing is a gimmick.

After the Kanye appearance and his first single he seemed kind of refreshing, but he's a cornball, so it's hard to like him.

• God soulstrut why so much blah blah blah

Lupe = mediocre rapper made worse by herbacious public statements

Rick Ross = mediocre rapper with precisely one GREAT song called "Hustlin'"

THE END

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts