The Wild Things Graemlin Appreciation

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Apparently, Spike Jonze is making a film out of the book! That could be so sweet!

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Damn, I thought you meant we had a new graemlin with
    Matt Dillon putting his hand in Denise Richards' panties
    ... hook_up could use it for his Dillonpron stories!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I don't know why my images and youtube videos never work. Can someone explain why it is that I can't post these things?

Anyway, that graemlin, as far as I can tell, is from Maurice Sendak's 'where the wild things are'

I don't know why my images and youtube videos never work.
    Can someone explain why it is that I can't post these things?

In general, I can't say, but if you remove the second link
    (which looks all suspect with the "cache" text) it should work -
    I think that one was throwing the whole post off:

Apparently, Spike Jonze is making a film out of the book! That could be so sweet!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Damn, I thought you meant we had a new graemlin with
    Matt Dillon putting his hand in Denise Richards' panties
    ... hook_up could use it for his Dillonpron stories!

Denise Richards was smokin' hot in that movie (Neve Campbell was no lightweight either). It must've been fun being the meat between those two sweet pieces of bread.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

haha holy shit! we need a "stacks" graemlin like one,
    that you drop when Stacks says some left field shit that could only
    come from the man himself!

• ^^^^^^^^
    THis is more like an Indian Jones and the Temple of doom thing right.. not The Wild Things...

• ^^^^^^^^
    THis is more like an Indian Jones and the Temple of doom thing right.. not The Wild Things...

I assumed it was a foo dog .

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

6 months away.

• I don't know why my images and youtube videos never work. Can someone explain why it is that I can't post these things?

Anyway, that graemlin, as far as I can tell, is from Maurice Sendak's 'where the wild things are'

For images at least, your URL has to end in .jpg for the UBB code to work. HTML might work a little better if you're trying to post a .gif. If your URL doesn't end in a file extension, the UBB code definitely won't recognize it at all. That's what I've gathered from my experiences, anyway.

And on topic - a movie of Where the Wild Things Are? Wow. That has the potential to be pretty cool. Re: Wild things-- Denise Richards is to Neve Campbell as Salma Hayek is to Drew Barrymore. The end.

ps - I just noticed one of your URL's was a .jpg, I think sometimes the UBB code is just suspect and doesn't always work. Do you put them in with UBB code or do you use HTML?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I don't know why my images and youtube videos never work. Can someone explain why it is that I can't post these things?

For images at least, your URL has to end in .jpg for the UBB code to work. HTML might work a little better if you're trying to post a .gif. If your URL doesn't end in a file extension, the UBB code definitely won't recognize it at all. That's what I've gathered from my experiences, anyway.

Also, if there's an extra space between the HTML tags and the image location, it won't show up. For example:

This isn't showing up because of the extra space between the ".jpg" and the "[/img].

• Ahhh yes, tricky one. Yeah spaces can definitely f*ck up some html.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Looks like korean or japanese stone lion to me..

edit: didn't know what a foo dog was but it's one of those, innit?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    It's definitely a foo dog.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    It's definitely a foo dog.

Perhaps, but I'm going to continue thinking it's a wild thing.

• Apparently, Spike Jonze is making a film out of the book! That could be so sweet!

my man works for a video game company that is making the game of this movie. sounds pretty frickin dope - the movie that is.