Was 2007 a good year for you?

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
2006 sucked so badly for me that i became all jaded and curmudgeonly and then 2007 surprised me by being pretty great all the way through and made me stupid happy/grateful which i think my cynical ass needed. i'm glad i'm such a camera freak that i documented most of it

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Yes, it has been pretty good for me also, an amazingly fast one though it seems.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Not really. It was kinda fucked, actually.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    2007 was cool.

• Hell yeah! Quit my job and now I'm making more money than ever. Now that I'm not wasting energy to make someone else money, I can make my own.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yes. Less figuring things out and more actually doing them.

Really though, when I look through my records, that's when I know 2007 was a good year.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    2006 sucked so badly for me that i became all jaded and curmudgeonly and then 2007 surprised me by being pretty great all the way through and made me stupid happy/grateful which i think my cynical ass needed. i'm glad i'm such a camera freak that i documented most of it

Awesome vid. You killed it with the Brand Nubian's Love It or Leave Me Alone shit.

• 2007 for me:

hoping for better times in '08.

• best year of my life...started a new job i actually don't hate, spent a month in Japan (on the company's dime), got married, found some good records...can't complain at all.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

That video was fuck.ing great. It made me realize just how many people have been brought together through Soulstrut.

This is Frames Worthy

2007 was an incredible year for me.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    2007 certainly wasn't all bad, but the tough spots have been tough to deal with

hoping for better times in '08.

• 2007 = all the way. 2008 is gonna rock though, I can feel it.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

2007 was a great year for me and my family. It saw us return to civilization and enjoy a more well-rounded lifestyle. I had a groundbreaking year professionally and I've enjoyed some wonderful times away from work since my move to Dirty Jerz (e.g., trips to NYC, Upstate, Connecticut, Philly, etc.). No man should live to work, but instead, work to live. My family and I have been truly blessed and we look forward to continued peace, blessing, and prosperity in 2008. I wish all the best to all of you, 'Strut massive!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• worst year of my life by a long shot

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

2007 Ruled!

Those pictures are really great. I wish I documented my life that well.

• worst year of my life by a long shot

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    2007 has been my least favorite year in the last decade. I don't think I've been this miserable since middle school. This year has been all "what's the hell" and very little "my son collect funk 45". My enthusiasm for life is basically shot...possibly because I have been drinking less, which is stupid.

The only worthwhile thing to come out of 2007 is this graemlin:

Everything else has sucked.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

You must have missed this one:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Yeah, i guess you two are right. I take back everything i said. 2007 was the best year EVAR!

2007 has been my least favorite year in the last decade. I don't think I've been this miserable since middle school. This year has been all "what's the hell" and very little "my son collect funk 45". My enthusiasm for life is basically shot...possibly because I have been drinking less, which is stupid.

Damn, sorry to hear that man...middle school was the pits...can't imagine a year like that now. More drinking, more records, less school. You know too much about records to be stuck in academia.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    worst year of my life by a long shot

Me too. I'm sorry to see that this is a common theme in this thread. I hope everyone has a better 2008. Don't drink too much and learn to deal with depression in a safe way.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    my job Frickin' blows

• I'm sorry to hear about 2007 being the worst-year-yet for so many people. I had a pretty good year. Not the best, but definitely above average. I can't complain either

• I'd 2007 is right up there with the best of them for me. Feel like I've made some progress towards goals, and had a hell of a time along the way.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    YEAH I LOVED 2007. TWAS THE YEAR OF MOVING AND SHAKIN!

• HamHam 872 Posts
    2007 was pretty boring! first year out of school = work every week without vacation.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Decent enough.

2009 and up looks good!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    my job Frickin' blows

After losing family members in 2006, this year should have been a keeper considering I got a big promotion at work and finally bought a house. However I can't help feeling that next year needs to see a major upheaval in where my life is going if I'm going to feel more satisfaction come next December.

Colour me jaded.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    mo Frickin' blow jobs

for 2008, plaese.