Dunkin Donuts bitch's

2»

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Choc Full O' Nuts

LOL I haven't seen one of these since like 1978.
    Who still has these joints?

I used to buy that shit in the can at the supermarket

Every old coffee can around my house growing up was one of these. It actually made things tough to find, though, ???cause you never knew if it was a change jar, a sugar jar, or if it was just full of nails.

Wasn't Starbucks busted for using this shit a few years back... or some equivalent.

As for D&D, I agree subpar Donuts and shit coffee. My wife loves it.

As for service, the ones around here are run by a family of Indians and are severely on point with service and customer satisfaction.

The ones I frequented in Southie (Boston) were run by Irish who hired 'just-don't-give-a-fuck' teenie boppers.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    The ones I frequented in Southie (Boston) were run by Irish who hired 'just-don't-give-a-fuck' teenie boppers.

I'm actually surprised when someone does give a fuck. If a counter person smiles at me and seems to genuinely care at all, it's alarming. As in, why aren't you out back getting stoned for your $5.50 an hour?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Choc Full O' Nuts

LOL I haven't seen one of these since like 1978.
    Who still has these joints?

I used to buy that shit in the can at the supermarket

Yeah, Chock is trying to make a comeback...goin' for that Starbucks money.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    God damn i do not miss that place one bit. Especially it being the only fuckin restaraunt open and close enough to walk to.

Dunkin D's sucks ass. Krispy kreme was way better, but for real donuts are just nasty to me. Fried cake? gross.

• but for real donuts are just nasty to me. Fried cake? gross.

• Where i live, the donkin donuts' run like machines. the people working there are all indian and i believe that they are related to the owners or part owners. i don't eat donuts but i'm addicted to their coffee and the bagels aren't bad. if d&d was a public company i would buy stock.

d&d > starbucks

• severely on point with service and customer satisfaction.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Where i live, the donkin donuts' run like machines. the people working there are all indian and i believe that they are related to the owners or part owners. i don't eat donuts but i'm addicted to their coffee and the bagels aren't bad. if d&d was a public company i would buy stock.

d&d > starbucks

hell no, starbucks all day, and i dont even go there like that.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    donuts are just nasty to me. Fried cake? gross.

• Fried cake? . Frickin' delicious.[/b]

fried anything really.

• Where i live, the donkin donuts' run like machines. the people working there are all indian and i believe that they are related to the owners or part owners. i don't eat donuts but i'm addicted to their coffee and the bagels aren't bad. if d&d was a public company i would buy stock.

d&d > starbucks

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I def ride for DD coffee. Kind of like the Rolling Rock of coffee, i.e. OK, regular, reasonably priced coffee. I get the big bags at BJ's Wholesale for home use.

We have a boutique coffee roaster in Asbury Park, but they keep weird hours and I can't always get down there.

It doesn't help that I love strong coffee and my wife is all on the tutti frutti caramel machiatto trip...

PS I always thought Krispy Kreme donuts were wayyyy overrated.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    People soon realized out here that crispy cremes suck. I think they have all closed.

Anh yeah, the number of dunkin donuts in boston shocked me. and all the women kinda looked like rachel ray to me.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Krispy Kreme donuts are waaaaayyyy too sweet.

They just taste like pure sugar, as if there's no cake.

yuck.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Krispy Kreme donuts are waaaaayyyy too sweet.

They just taste like pure sugar, as if there's no cake.

yuck.

Exactly. I like donuts, but Krispy Kremes turn my stomach. And I definitely can't eff with icing on top of the glaze!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

BAN!

I was in Toronto this past weekend and had Tim Hortons donuts for the first time. Not bad, I must say.

• I def ride for DD coffee. Kind of like the Rolling Rock of coffee, i.e. OK, regular, reasonably priced coffee. I get the big bags at BJ's Wholesale for home use.

Can't let the DD hatters completely dominate this thread.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

BAN!

I was in Toronto this past weekend and had Tim Hortons donuts for the first time. Not bad, I must say.

Never had Tim Hortons. Dunkin Donuts are ok for mass-produced doughnuts. Definitely better than all Krispy Kreme, except for the hot fresh off the line krispy kremes, which are a doughnut sui generis.

If you want the real deal, go to Elgin Illinois to Roll N Donut, just off the interstate at the State Road 25 exit. Hand-cut doughnuts, sold out by noon, closed by 2 daily. Best doughnut shop in the world.

Honorable Mention:
    Dat Donut, Chicago, IL (Try the Big Dat. It's incredible)
    Old-Fashioned Donuts, Chicago, IL (if you get there when they're hot, you're in luck)
    Lamar's Donuts, Kansas City, MO (also franchised - try the Lamar Bar - filled with marshmallow fluff - hello diabetes!)
    World's Fair Donuts, St. Louis, MO (excellent applesauce filled donuts, and the place is like a timewarp)
    Randy's Donuts, Inglewood, CA (best shape shop ever)

• donuts are just nasty to me. Fried cake? gross.

BAN!

Never had Tim Hortons. Dunkin Donuts are ok for mass-produced doughnuts. Definitely better than all Krispy Kreme, except for the hot fresh off the line krispy kremes, which are a doughnut sui generis.

If you want the real deal, go to Elgin Illinois to Roll N Donut, just off the interstate at the State Road 25 exit. Hand-cut doughnuts, sold out by noon, closed by 2 daily. Best doughnut shop in the world.

Honorable Mention:
    Old-Fashioned Donuts, Chicago, IL (if you get there when they're hot, you're in luck)
    Lamar's Donuts, Kansas City, MO (also franchised - try the Lamar Bar - filled with marshmallow fluff - hello diabetes!)
    World's Fair Donuts, St. Louis, MO (excellent applesauce filled donuts, and the place is like a timewarp)
    Randy's Donuts, Inglewood, CA (best shape shop ever)

I gotta add Gibson's Doughtnuts in Memphis...they have this exclusive doughnut called the "New Orleans", its not like a beignet...but an almost spherical doughnut with a really fluffy, eggy texture and taste, they are bad ass...

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

I gotta add Gibson's Doughtnuts in Memphis...they have this exclusive doughnut called the "New Orleans", its not like a beignet...but an almost spherical doughnut with a really fluffy, eggy texture and taste, they are bad ass...

Added to the list of doughnut places to try. Sounds very promising. Can I get a location more specific than Memphis? Thanks.

• I gotta add Gibson's Doughtnuts in Memphis...they have this exclusive doughnut called the "New Orleans", its not like a beignet...but an almost spherical doughnut with a really fluffy, eggy texture and taste, they are bad ass...

Added to the list of doughnut places to try. Sounds very promising. Can I get a location more specific than Memphis? Thanks.

yes

760 Mt. Moriah Memphis, TN

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Exactly. I like donuts, but Krispy Kremes turn my stomach. And I definitely can't eff with icing on top of the glaze!

this kid's fingernails are turning my stomach.

• Exactly. I like donuts, but Krispy Kremes turn my stomach. And I definitely can't eff with icing on top of the glaze!

this kid's fingernails are turning my stomach.

Seriously, wash that kids hands.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    [If you want the real deal, go to Elgin Illinois to Roll N Donut, just off the interstate at the State Road 25 exit. Hand-cut doughnuts, sold out by noon, closed by 2 daily. Best doughnut shop in the world.

Honorable Mention:

oh snap! are these guys online? If not can you furnish some addresses? I'm in Chicago and always looking to expand on my local donut experience.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Stan Makita's donuts... does this place exist?

• I seem to remember a donut shop in Portland Maine that was next to a strip club and had topless women working the counter, titties and donuts, best of both worlds.

• topless women working the counter

gross.

• I seem to remember a donut shop in Portland Maine that was next to a strip club and had topless women working the counter, titties and donuts, best of both worlds.

my wife used to go there. says it no longer exists...

so many milk jokes to be made here.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    [If you want the real deal, go to Elgin Illinois to Roll N Donut, just off the interstate at the State Road 25 exit. Hand-cut doughnuts, sold out by noon, closed by 2 daily. Best doughnut shop in the world.

Honorable Mention:

oh snap! are these guys online? If not can you furnish some addresses? I'm in Chicago and always looking to expand on my local donut experience.

I am going to cosign the OK-ness of Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Not great but not bad either. I usually order it, in D&D terminology, "easy-easy" which means easy cream, easy sugar.

But what's really real is Inteligensia (sp), a relatively small coffee company based in Chicago that comes correct. Very good stuff. No donuts though.

Verb -- ever tried Huck Finn on the South Side? A few locations spread out but they sell homemade donuts which aren't terrible. Most of the physical restaurants are pretty dumpy though.

I used to love the desert donuts they served greasy-bag-of-donuts style at a BBQ chain called Smoky Bones -- I loved that place. The closed one I know of these days is all the way out in Merriville, Ind.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Honorable Mention:

Expand on your southside experience and you will get yourself to Dat Donut and Old-Fashioned Donuts.

DAT DONUT, 8249 Cottage Grove. In the front of Leon's Bar-B-Que (Leon's maybe closed now). Right on the corner of 83rd and Cottage Grove. It has a parking lot.

OLD-FASHIONED DONUTS, 11248 S. Michigan Avenue. In between 112th and 113th on S. Michigan. Get down there. No parking lot, but on-street parking is typically available within one or two blocks.

For Roll N' Donut, head far west. Past Ikea. Take the Elgin exit for State road 25. Turn left when you get to the end of the offramp. Roll N' Donut is on your left in about half a mile. Nice sign, plenty parking, and drive through available if you want to sugar up before hitting Ikea or other Schaumberg points of interest.

ROLL N' DONUT, 1315 Dundee Avenue. Elgin.

I never made it to Huck Finn, but I think I saw one once down in the 50s somewhere out near Midway. And bag o' donuts sounds interesting, but if anything other than doughnuts were fried in that grease, I would be stridently opposed. There's this chinese jernt that pops doughnuts in with its egg rolls, and it makes the doughnuts be nauseating.

But what's really real is Inteligensia (sp), a relatively small coffee company based in Chicago that comes correct. Very good stuff. No donuts though.

True on all counts. Intelligentsia is a good coffee shop, but if you want even better coffee in Chicago, head a little farther north to the Granville stop on the red line. Walk a few blocks towards the lake and you will find Metropolis, the hands-down best coffee in Chicagoland. Do yourself a favor and order a latte. It's worth the wait. Accept no substitutes.

METROPOLIS COFFEE, 1039 W. Granville.

Like Intelligentsia, also no doughnuts (the short-lived old-fashioned donuts north was nearby, but it was only open (if at all) for a matter of months).

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Good lookin out. I have not been to any of these places. I live in the far West Loop (West Town? Near West Side?) and rarely get out much anymore, so my local experience of anything is narrow to say the least. I'm saving the above information for future reference.

and on an unrelated note, is there a way to make this one bigger?