Weekend Finds

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

both for sale/trade

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Was that J.J.Jackson in Groovy???

Yes

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I was digging through my garage and found this! NBA officially licensed ruler from 1994. Original pressing. Maker is Pentech. Still sealed with holograph of authenticity on the back. Willing to trade for records with market value of 100 dollars or higher. I tried to search Popsike for this fine item, and it did not appear!!! This is rare.

• hey, how is that 2nd rodriguez lp?

Have only needle dropped it in the store before I bought it, first impression is probably not as good as Cold Fact but still ok with a couple of good cuts. Probably one to pickup if you find it cheap but not really worth specifically tracking down.

i think theres a sample on there that i forget what it is without listening again, but if you are into that thang, you probably need it. maybe the 'baby i aint joking' that 2Mex used? cant recall.

• All real world finds, except for the Mercy Men.

Cinnamon Suns "party time"
    Badder Than Evil "hot wheels"
    Manzel "space funk"
    Brooklyn People "peace and love"

Kelly Herman "dance to the drummers beat"
    Bobby Humphrey "black and blues"
    Oliver Sain "bus stop"
    Ja-Kki "sun, sun, sun"

Got the Mercy Men in the mail! Highly recomended uptempo Funk 45 from Lexington, KY!!! Going for fairly cheap these days.
    Andrew White "who got de funk?"
    Bottom 3 are Bob Marley related 45s I got for cheap.

Top 2 45s are local Louisville band the Rugbys...Cool rock with fuzz.
    Bottom 2 are Elephants Memory "mongoose" and Fantastic Johnny C

Indy Rap 12"s
    Chill Rob G from '96, Count Bass D from '94, and Brother Arthur (Chuck Chillout related)!!!

"more ounce rap" is a very good Canadian Disco Rap LP!
    Pete Rodriguez on Fania.
    Caroline Crawford LP, Tara 12", and D-Train 12"s are sealed

and last but not least,

"baller status, lounge, jazzy, grail, rock with psych moves"
    Private Maryland LP that I copped for $2!!!

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    brooklyn - peace and love is a nice one, I gotta dig that out of my 45 box

• This record is terrible, but worth picking up for the baffling homoerotic lizard-people gatefold. I gave it to a gay friend, who put it up on his wall.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Is Bass Fever a Dakar alias??? Dude, you have been KILLING it the last few months!

• Is Bass Fever a Dakar alias??? Dude, you have been KILLING it the last few months!

Nah, the one and only Bass Fever! I puts in work!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    bass fever ain't dakar. but props to that person for finding some heat. i enjoy reading his(or her?) posts--

flea markets/raiding dollar bins at rec. fair --

2nd copy of that 'Sounds of the Junkyard' lp on folkways--and also its companion piece 'Sounds of the Office' as recorded by the same guy.

here is a awesome venezuelan garage/psych/beat lp from los junior squad. i found it at the flea and it just came in a 12" sleeve, so i'm a bit disappointed. but its an awesome record:

45s--

denise lasalle's - love reputation -- dj copy. sorry about the poor quality of pic taking--

ny heavy psych from crossfield.

sounds around 1970. very heavy blue cheer and cream influence. a side 'take it!' is definitely more blue cheer. pretty raw production sound and pretty heavy. i like it a lot.

• here is a awesome venezuelan garage/psych/beat lp from los junior squad. i found it at the flea and it just came in a 12" sleeve, so i'm a bit disappointed. but its an awesome record:

Interesting, I didn't even know this record existed. Junior Squad has two other records that are supposed to be pretty good. Inca is a label from PR, and has only one other rock record on it that I know of. Time to dig around and turn up some more!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yeah-- it is a ungoogleable record. i was hoping someone on the strut could drop some knowledge. i thank you for dropping a little. though i am very curious what the original album cover looked like. it's in vg+ condition, so much better than a typical random lp thrown in a 12" sleeve.

• last couple weeks for me. sorry for the eye hurt blurry.

some psych and jazz. the Upchurch is real nice. Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart (upper left) is super fuzzed out.

worldly maneuvers. Sum Sum "Midnight Guitar" (upper right) is pretty awesome.

"Spellbinder" might be my favorite find out of all these. The Lucecita lp (with all the faces) has a cut that starts out raw funk, and then in come the HORRIBLE vocals and strings that just kill it.

purple record covers unite! Smash is solid early DeBarge funk. 12"s are Superrappin and Secret Weapon "Must Be The Music"

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

and last but not least,

Jesus. Can you rip that record for me? I really want to hear it.

• I listened to it last night, it was very charming...more jazzy than psychy, fem vox, with a few instros. I'm probably rip and flip ($$$), I'll hook you when I get around to the rip part.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    I listened to it last night, it was very charming...more jazzy than psychy, fem vox, with a few instros. I'm probably rip and flip ($$$), I'll hook you when I get around to the rip part.

can you hook me up too? that record looks interesting

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

This record is terrible, but worth picking up for the baffling homoerotic lizard-people gatefold. I gave it to a gay friend, who put it up on his wall.

LOL, actually this record turns into something good halfway through side 2 i think it is, pretty common album, theres a US release on WB with a different (without naked men) cover with somekinda fish instead if i recall correctly

• todays records:

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I listened to it last night, it was very charming...more jazzy than psychy, fem vox, with a few instros. I'm probably rip and flip ($$$), I'll hook you when I get around to the rip part.
    The last time it was on eBay the guy had a sound clip and it sounded really, really good. I also bid, but my $250 was not enough

• and last but not least,

Jesus. Can you rip that record for me? I really want to hear it.

Amazing find. I want to hear it more than Canonical, if that helps.

• [quote

nice haul --- the track "sexologie" on the danyel gerard and the whole second side of that Niemen record is ace!!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    found this today

and INSTANTLY thought of this record I have...

Oh! I will post more later...finished my last final tonight and taking it chilllll.

• Here ya batches go...sip the juice.

• been looking for this one for a while, and suddenly i foud one one ebay, placed the start bid, 5 dollars.. forgot about the whole auciton and won the record with my 5$ start bid.. got it in the mailbox today. enjoyin it a lot.

fred

• some nice stuff there fred...

this lot is a combination of charities, plastic wax's double discount day and some trade i used up...

a few classics that im sure you all know here. a few of the wants list.
    pleased to get a lovely gatefold OG of my fav Caravan album at long last --- i now have the later, non-gatefold pressing for trade if anyone wants to trade?

the lighthouse is pretty fun, happy-clappy bubblegum horn-rock. with beats ...
    havent really listened to the rest yet.

plus one 7:
    THE GOODIES - "wild thing"

• From the last five days. The Jamaican LPs are all OG's in NM- or better.

These last three panels are from my Waxidermy Secret Santa! -

Nice haul! Are the 12"s for the shop? Is the Jam 12" Chain Reaction?

• Nice haul! Are the 12"s for the shop? Is the Jam 12" Chain Reaction?

I never post shop finds on here, just personal. There are lots of other records I found with those disco 12"s in the shop though.

Nice haul! Are the 12"s for the shop? Is the Jam 12" Chain Reaction?

I never post shop finds on here, just personal. There are lots of other records I found with those disco 12"s in the shop though.

Good to know, I'll stop by some time soon to check out the goods.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    my rudy love lp has the same front cover tear. did you break into my house and steal mine?