Weekend Finds

13»

Comments

• my rudy love lp has the same front cover tear. did you break into my house and steal mine?

I bought that off of Nitekrawler but I don't think he's been in Florida lately!

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    haha im just playin. i got a copy last week in orlando. got to say im enjoying that one a lot.
    ill take a pic and show you

• dj nevillec:

where are your store located?
    do you have an online store aswell?

fred

• First time record shopping in awhile ... pretty happy with my finds. 'Will the Circle Be Unbroken' is a long time vinyl want (The dialogue between Doc Watson and Merle Travis is classic). Same goes for YMO.

Does anyone have any info on the Tago Mago LP??. I haven't seen that cover before ... Did any of the other pressings have that weird flap on the back? The Ege Bamyasi LP is a Spoon pressing, but looks much older than the year 2000 pressing date on discogs.com

• dj nevillec:

where are your store located?
    do you have an online store aswell?

fred

1843 14th Street NW - Washington DC
    Have a website - http://somrecordsdc.com/
    but I don't sell online other than e-bay auctions every few months.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Does anyone have any info on the Tago Mago LP??. I haven't seen that cover before ... Did any of the other pressings have that weird flap on the back?

As far as I recall, the Jaki/Damo cover is the UK press and the orange alien cover is the german press. I think the UK version originally came with a poster too.

• Does anyone have any info on the Tago Mago LP??. I haven't seen that cover before ... Did any of the other pressings have that weird flap on the back?

As far as I recall, the Jaki/Damo cover is the UK press and the orange alien cover is the german press. I think the UK version originally came with a poster too.

Great ... Popsike has returned a bunch of results. Thanks for your help!

• a couple records i picked up at the thrift the past two weeks

was excited to find this local rock lp though it turned out to be kind of doo doo

this is alright, sounds like an old female rocker

nice doo wop records out of california

and finally grabbed this 45 on ebay after about a year of looking, really great tune and probably my favorite of his

• From the last five days. The Jamaican LPs are all OG's in NM- or better.

Need to put that Popcorn Wylie in the moments in drumming thread. The drums on that one are rediculous.

• from this past week

and that Hypnotic Brass Ensemble Tony Allen 12".

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    for like $10, this automatic Seiko from 1970

and this Seiko Sportsman from 1963

Records are over. These babies don't take much space and don't smell bad. Watches = the future of collecting. Thank you.

I'm absorbing knowledge like a motherfucker. Next step: vintage Omega.

• These babies don't smell bad.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    These babies don't smell bad.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    veddy cold as dominican lou would say

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

This is a reissue. The original doesn't have the X and Y axis on the face plate.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

I like.

Very much.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

Top 2 45s are local Louisville band the Rugbys...Cool rock with fuzz.
    Bottom 2 are Elephants Memory "mongoose" and Fantastic Johnny C

how do you like the rugbys? i have wendegal the warlock. which ones did you find?

• The "you and I" and "juditha gina" 45s...I listened to them once. The "you and I" song was really cool with fuzz and nice rhythm section breakdowns, I don't really remember how the other songs were. Decent 45s that you can usually get for really cheap though!

• Here ya batches go...sip the juice.

Wow, really digging this track. Thanks for sharing it.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Top 2 45s are local Louisville band the Rugbys...Cool rock with fuzz.
    Bottom 2 are Elephants Memory "mongoose" and Fantastic Johnny C

how do you like the rugbys? i have wendegal the warlock. which ones did you find?

"You, I" is a great track, I haven't heard anything else though. There seems to be a few different label variations on that 45, that's probably the 3rd different looking one on Amazon I've seen. It also came out on theat green label that is next to it & then the one I've owned the most which is also the same design as the green one but just black & white with no color.

• Dude I bought it off of is a Lousville collro and he said the Yellow label that I got was the first Amazon pressing and that there was a prior pressing on a local label.

• Blakey is mono OG.
    Xmas records I will be giving as gifts.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Dude I bought it off of is a Lousville collro and he said the Yellow label that I got was the first Amazon pressing and that there was a prior pressing on a local label.
    That makes sense, the yellow label definitely looks earlier than the other style. I've never seen the earlier one on a local label.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Dude I bought it off of is a Lousville collro and he said the Yellow label that I got was the first Amazon pressing and that there was a prior pressing on a local label.
    That makes sense, the yellow label definitely looks earlier than the other style. I've never seen the earlier one on a local label.

I definetly endorse the "wendegal the warlock" 45 i have. its a mythical adventure tale of a warlock with alot of growling and snarling. uriahh heep with better music and vocals.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

Here ya batches go...sip the juice.

Wow, really digging this track. Thanks for sharing it.

yo that joint was really nice