Weekend Finds

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Just scored almost every single that the Quincy Conserve rever released. Some unexpected titles too, that I doubt other people know they recorded!

• wow - -nice bunch. what are the earlier Czerwone Gitary LP and itr Fiegel music LP like???

• haven't gotten any new records lately but i did re discover karolak's easy record....probably the best polish jazz funk record there is (and that's not exactly saying a lot) but it's cool, spacey bits with some nice scat vox thrown in...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

This record smokes.

• haven't gotten any new records lately but i did re discover karolak's easy record....probably the best polish jazz funk record there is (and that's not exactly saying a lot) but it's cool, spacey bits with some nice scat vox thrown in...

definatley --- i still listen to that al ot. really great from start to finish...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

wow - -nice bunch. what are the earlier Czerwone Gitary LP and itr Fiegel music LP like???

the figiel has a few nice cuts, a dope polish version of Use Me with beats and a funkyass bassline!!!

gitary record is not near as good, does not bring much heat, no drumbraekz like that other famous gitary joint, more along the lines of polish pop with a little prog thrown in!!

btw......WHAT does this one mean???

late pass and about time i finally had a chance to pick this up, apparently used to belong to the library of the US embassy here in copenhagen... i'd like to see what else they had...?

here's another recently copped piece of

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

no 45s this weekend, so I had to make do with the far less exciting 33rpm variety of record :-)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Only got to hit one spot today....

• LPs:

and some cheap 45s (kinda love that Gino Washington tune):

and i got a new turntable!

i know it's a Technics-for-poseurs, but with my Discover cashback bonus it cost me $40 with shipping. It's the first new turntable I've ever bought.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I dig that Si Kahn LP

• no 45s this weekend, so I had to make do with the far less exciting 33rpm variety of record :-)

hey, how is that 2nd rodriguez lp?

• what does the blanchard & morgan sound like?

let me know

fred

what does the blanchard & morgan sound like?

let me know

fred

cover looks pretty interesting but the record =

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    Jak sie masz kochanie!!

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

Ministry copy book hand style suggests authentic Trinity Isle penmanship?

or ?

anyways for looking like it was personalized to van instead of allan

• some nice northern and modern moves:

jesse james - if you want a love affair / i never meant to love her [20th century]
    milton wright - keep it up / the silence that you keep [alston]
    rotations - i can't find her / searching in vain [debrossard]
    sheryl swope - can't get him off my mind / how you feel [duo]
    linda perry - it's all in the back of me now / everyone has someone [mainstream]
    the volcanos - storm warning / baby [arctic]

• radrad 51 Posts
    Jak sie masz kochanie!!

Borat is from Kazachstan.
    Kazachstan is not a part of Poland mate.

Czerwone gitary means red guitars

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Blonde is blappable but damn she thinks Europe is a country??? Instant dealbreaker!!!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

hey, how is that 2nd rodriguez lp?

Have only needle dropped it in the store before I bought it, first impression is probably not as good as Cold Fact but still ok with a couple of good cuts. Probably one to pickup if you find it cheap but not really worth specifically tracking down.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    Jak sie masz kochanie!!

Borat is from Kazachstan.
    Kazachstan is not a part of Poland mate.

The movies sarcasm kinda veils itself demographically, but I do believe the lingual/geographical convulusion was a part of the punchline in his catch phrase,
    'Jak sie masz!' was the Borat version of , but thats another bad entertainment reference altogether, lol.

The album it was in reference to was the Happy End LP on the lower left corner with the group on the cover and the plank spanked telecaster which I picked up at one time and thought looked the thing looked out of place...
    I think it was kinda Abba, but I was hoping for the dude to drop in with some polska disco blues facemelters , but I don't remember the actual music too well as I gave it to a friend who did the best Borat impression when that movie was big and he was a fanatic for the shit.

It probably only made sense if you could read the title Jak sie masz kochanie, so I apologize if it came off linguicidal to the mama jezyk.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Crossed off a couple more bangers:

• no 45s this weekend, so I had to make do with the far less exciting 33rpm variety of record :-)

Was that J.J.Jackson in Groovy??? .... you win again, Bond.

No real worlds here... all in the mail. Including some that seem to have disappeared into the mail abyss at work

The Annebelle (yeah - great cover of Aretha's Soul Sister), Dillard Crume (yeah yeah - on the JB tip, nice version of Let A Woman Be A woman), Soul Investigators and Didier sound Spectrum were all part of a Xmas Vinyul Care Package from our man in Turku. Awesome... he also popped in some 7s inc Go Go Train by Big Joe Louis on Timmion.

The Les McCann Ltd LP is all boogaloo... pretty good and last track on side A, La Brea, is great. Frank Penn is with the exception of an 8 bar break on one track.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Bought it at the show last night

Yellow label OG

Sick 1981 UK psych collection

Eccentric outsider moves

Awesome unreleased '67 psych sessions

DISCO PROG WITH WIZARD ROCK ART AND FUNKY BRAEKS

mellow fucking GOLD

BEST POWER POP LP I'VE EVER BOUGHT

VG- but "Am I the Same Girl" plays minty

mid-80's King Jammy production, FIRE

THIS RECORD SHREDS!

Not to be confused with the Pretty Things' pseudonym,
    but awesome Detroit funky wah-wah soul tracks!

• last one is just for the superstition braek

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

This record smokes.

got a couple spares - sealed.