This new Al Green track...

40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
is my shit! Off of that upcoming Blue Note album... Produced by The Randy Watson Experience...

Comments

• Dap Horns played on some of his new tracks... not sure which ones.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    i like it...

• i assisted the session with the dap horns...this tune isn't one of them. the tracks i worked on were produced by soulquarians...no randy watson

• oh wait...maybe it was randy watson. i wonder when this record will be done...it's been two years in the making...al's vocals weren't nearly done when i worked on it a month ago

• quest & poyser (= randy watson exp) are from soulquarians, although i think that name might be retired by now.
    sounds like a dream gig, cpr.

• I've had really high hopes for this one. I liked his other Blue Note stuff ok, but after reading ?love interviews, where he said he wanted to avoid the Santana-style superstar duets, and bring back the funk, I was intrigued.

• quest & poyser (= randy watson exp) are from soulquarians, although i think that name might be retired by now.
    sounds like a dream gig, cpr.

it was a fun gig for sure. poyser was there as was this other dude whose name was randy i think...really chill guy...has dreads...also from philly...also involved with the roots. questlove only showed up for the final day when they tracked live with sharon jones...poyser played our hammond and wurlitzer...neil sugarman played along with gabe on bass from dap-tone...they did a cover of gnarls barkley "crazy"...it was a good day!

however...from what i heard...there will be plenty of high profile collaborations and guest vocals.

also on the session for the first two days was adam blackstone...he is one of the sickest bass players i have seen ever. if he doesn't get it on the first take it's done by the second take and it's flawless...amazing feel and pocket. and he's so young. crazy thing is he was leaving to go do some live dates with Kanye and then days later kanye's mom died.

• right, ive seen blackstone throw down on the 'fade to black' and 'block party' performances.

post mic list & set-up sheets or forever soften.

• The group is named after the character Randy Watson from Coming To America... There is no member named Randy Watson...

• ok...it was Rich Nichols i was thinking of i think. he's producing the record along with randy watson experience.

mics? tube 47 and 87 on sharon...sm-7 on quest's snare because he has a no sm-57 rule...umm...not sure what we used on the leslie probably 421's...i don't remember them all!

• Yeah, Rich is the Roots Manager...