What do you think about while stuck in traffic?

2»

Comments

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    i dont get stuck in traffic suckas

One of the best parts of owning a motorcycle!

You might notice that this particular fellow is in England.

Not that it matters, I just wanted to point out what a sharp eye I have.

You see this shit sometimes stateside, but the adage round here is its only legal on the west coast. Traffic caused by merges are its worse than trying to get children to wait their turn, and people will stick the nose of their 75k vehicle with no regard to it or your lifes value simply on some merciless motor jungle instinct while somebody might pass, like staking a claim in line. I seen a guy coasting between lanes become a quick casualty of war one time on an evil kneival somersault before the outerbridge crossing.

• Options

One of the best parts of owning a motorcycle!

You might notice that this particular fellow is in England.

Not that it matters, I just wanted to point out what a sharp eye I have.

You see this shit sometimes stateside, but the adage round here is its only legal on the west coast. Traffic caused by merges are its worse than trying to get children to wait their turn, and people will stick the nose of their 75k vehicle with no regard to it or your lifes value simply on some merciless motor jungle instinct while somebody might pass, like staking a claim in line. I seen a guy coasting between lanes become a quick casualty of war one time on an evil kneival somersault before the outerbridge crossing.

Word? I was looking for Big Ben until I saw the license plates.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I do this in the rare scenario that I see some traffic. It rules. We also get to drive in the carpool lane.

• I do this in the rare scenario that I see some traffic. It rules. We also get to drive in the carpool lane.

Lane split? Yeah, I do it all the time but I got cocky and bailed pretty bad on the bay bridge a few weeks ago. I was okay and I do take it easy now but I still lane split.

• highway design

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I think about that road rage video from that one episode of the Simpsons, in particular the part where the dude is road raging so hard that he screams and hurls his lunchbox at another driver, then rips off the driver-side rearview mirror and throws it as well. I think about that because I can relate to the feeling, and it makes me laugh.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

True. But I'll be honest, every time I see a motorcyclist zoom past the side of my car, I think to myself "Damn, what an idiot! That dude ain't gonna last very long."

• i dont get stuck in traffic suckas

True. But I'll be honest, every time I see a motorcyclist zoom past the side of my car, I think to myself "Damn, what an idiot! That dude ain't gonna last very long."

I actually consider lane splitting pretty safe, as long as the speed differential between you and (hopefully completely stopped) traffic is low. However, more often than not I find myself having too much fun and end up splitting in "questionable" situations. My favorite is splitting in LA between the HOV lane and the one to its immediate right because there's tons of space there and it's double yellow.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I think about who's the worst drivers.

In my city that means people driving late-model pickups like Dodge Rams and Mini Coopers. These people are terrible.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    I think about whether I can trust TomTom when it recommends an alternative b/w how's the bladder feat. How much fuel have I got left.

If, in the words of Metallica, there is no escape and that's for sure, then I use the time to actually call the friends whose numbers I have stored in my phone, starting from the back. One one occasion, they were in the same jam as me.

Also, the last words you want to hear from your 4 year old son are "Dad, I need a poo".

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i listen to the radio. there's a great german radio channel. news and reports. or interviews. sometimes classical music. my friends laugh at me, because of that. i don't think about anything. just listening...

on the autbahn, i listen to schlager and volksmusik. funniest thing ever. i sing along and get all crazy while going 200 km/h.

• i always think about how quickly i am out of LA...

and curse all the dudes who conspired to ruin the mass transit system in LA...how the short term profit of a few people fucks up so much shit for so many people...

and how gas is already peaked and why are you driving a Frickin' tank that gets ten miles a gallon, and how Frickin' stupid people look basically sitting in seats in the middle of the road. oh well, i always thought it would be cool to drive around with a barbeque grill in the back of your car and any time you get in grid lock just pull off the road and have a nice traffic barbeque on the side of the road...

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    My favorite is splitting in LA between the HOV lane and the one to its immediate right because there's tons of space there and it's double yellow.

You mean the "motorcycle lane." That's what I call it.