The Wire - New clips on yung Prop Joe, Omar, Bunk

phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Snap! Has anyone seen this? Looks like HBO put out some promotional companion "shorts" exploring the stories of Prop Joe, Omar, and Bunk. You can view on amazon.com.http://www.amazon.com/Wire-Complete-Four...96859869&sr=8-1Three prequel shorts related to HBO's critically-acclaimed series The Wire are getting a multiplatform launch ahead of upcoming fifth season, which kicks off Jan. 6. The two- to three-minute shorts, produced by Wire creator David Simon, explore backstory for the characters Prop Joe, Omar, and William ''Bunk'' Moreland. The shorts are currently available for free streaming on Amazon's page for the series' fourth season DVD set. Starting on Jan. 15, they will be made available on HBO On Demand, HBO.com, podcasts, and affiliate portals. They also will air at the end of each fifth-season episode, starting with the third installment. HBO has previously created on-demand extras for its series Entourage and Big Love.

Comments

• oh schitt! I suppose these are included on the Season 4 DVD sets; can anyone confirm?

• Thanks for posting that!

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I like how McNulty drinks on the first day on the job.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• Snap! Has anyone seen this? Looks like HBO put out some promotional companion "shorts" exploring the stories of Prop Joe, Omar, and Bunk. You can view on amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Wire-Complete-Four...96859869&sr=8-1

Three prequel shorts related to HBO's critically-acclaimed series The Wire are getting a multiplatform launch ahead of upcoming fifth season, which kicks off Jan. 6. The two- to three-minute shorts, produced by Wire creator David Simon, explore backstory for the characters Prop Joe, Omar, and William ''Bunk'' Moreland. The shorts are currently available for free streaming on Amazon's page for the series' fourth season DVD set. Starting on Jan. 15, they will be made available on HBO On Demand, HBO.com, podcasts, and affiliate portals. They also will air at the end of each fifth-season episode, starting with the third installment. HBO has previously created on-demand extras for its series Entourage and Big Love.

what the hell is the last thing Bunk says in the prequel clip of him and Jimmy?

• he knows some sloppy girl up on Granville
    mcnulty got nuts!!!

prop joe one was kinda corny, but young omar was cool
    they were all a little silly, but definitely appreciated

i'm still trying to figure out what was exploding in the omar trailer for s5

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I like how McNulty drinks on the first day on the job.

That's classic.

All I gotta say is that Bunk is in two of my all time favorite parts of the Wire.

1) The "fuck" scene when he and McNulty look into the shooting of a girl

2) "Do you smell pussy" scene when he's over at a lady's house and McNulty has to pick him up. Hands down the funniest thing I have ever seen on TV.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    IN all its beauty

• 1) The "fuck" scene when he and McNulty look into the shooting of a girl

2) "Do you smell pussy" scene when he's over at a lady's house and McNulty has to pick him up. Hands down the funniest thing I have ever seen on TV.

add to these the scene when pulls Snoop and Chris over in S4 and you have the Bunk trifecta. all great scenes.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    oh schitt! I suppose these are included on the Season 4 DVD sets; can anyone confirm?

I don't think these are on the season 4 DVDs, unless they're easter eggs I haven't seen them listed in any of the discs I've put in. On the plus side there's 6 commentaries, but the only other extras are the two half hour specials they ran on HBO before season 4 started.

• The scene between Bunk and Omar in season 3 is also amazing.

• I really have to check this series out. I've only seen the first 3 episodes or so when they were showing the first season on On Demand recently, but missed out on the rest when they continued onto season two.