High waist (mom) pants for females are back

2»

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    R U calling me Cinderella-ella-ella-ay-ay-ay-oh-oh...

• Wide leg pants are never a good look once you are old enough to vote.

Please.

I'm going to assume you mean raver tent pants cause 1930s/1940s wide/straight leg pants that are all the rage now (dress pants, sailor cut, flamenco style, in denim, etc.) are definitely not age specific in the way bay doll dresses and crop tops are.

Yeah I really like a nicely fitting pair of straight wide leg dress pants on a woman. They can even be high-waisted if she's got some booty and they're cut properly. Especially with some nice heels that compliment and work with the line of the pants.

I think anything that becomes mainstream-trendy ends up being overdone though... and then done by people who shouldn't be doing it. The latter is the worse of the two. People think they can pull off certain trends when they just weren't meant for that look or style. It's awkward to see.

• hot girls look goood in anything. and who's agianst a "muffin top"?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    and who's agianst a "muffin top"?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    This shit has been hitting the high fashion world for a while

...but I have yet to see it in the street. Let's face it, the early part of the eighties were too sexless a decade to want to bring back, and this does look rather corny. The girls in the pics pull it off well, but if it ever becomes the Next Big Thing, some of us gonna get tired of seeing that. Just my opinion.

the early 80's were sexless? Really?

Im just waiting for shoulderpads to come back really huge.

• I really don't have too much to say about the actual pants except for if it's looks good on a girl then more power for her to do it, but Soulstrut dudes making statements on fashion, especially when most dudes can't even get their own gender's fashion right, is laugable at best.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I really don't have too much to say about the actual pants except for if it's looks good on a girl then more power for her to do it, but Soulstrut dudes making statements on fashion, especially when most dudes can't even get their own gender's fashion right, is laugable at best.

Hey, I worked for Vogue for four years and believe me the Soulstrut brethren are more on point with their style judgements than many fashion journalists I know.

• This shit has been hitting the high fashion world for a while

...but I have yet to see it in the street. Let's face it, the early part of the eighties were too sexless a decade to want to bring back, and this does look rather corny. The girls in the pics pull it off well, but if it ever becomes the Next Big Thing, some of us gonna get tired of seeing that. Just my opinion.

the early 80's were sexless? Really?

Preppy fashions just weren't that titillating.

It got better from '86 onward, when that whole Izod/khaki/Topsider "prep" thing started easing up a little, but looked pretty dismal at the start.

• well that pic, yes...but it seemed like dude was sayin' all girls have a muffin top in low low risers and that just isn't anywhere near true, that belly is lappin' over, a little puff is ok, but no lapping...

• I really don't have too much to say about the actual pants except for if it's looks good on a girl then more power for her to do it, but Soulstrut dudes making statements on fashion, especially when most dudes can't even get their own gender's fashion right, is laugable at best.

Hey, I worked for Vogue for four years and believe me the Soulstrut brethren are more on point with their style judgements than many fashion journalists I know.

YOU WAS STRICTLY CLERICAL, SON!