Best sneakers EVAR

Comments

• the only shoes that ever gave me blisters were my one pair of NBs and so i don't buy them

please to differentiate between little dude NBs and the REAL SCHITT. Thanks in advance.

60 dollars.

I like those NB's better. I think New Balance are the most comfortable shoes out there. Plus they are fairly priced and look good too -- for the most part. Only other shoe that fits as comfortably IMO are nike dunks or sb's.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

I'm waiting for the sweat shop argument...

From me? Don't wait while standing up. Your feet and back are gonna hurt due to your cheap yet stylish shoes.

I was "bamboozled" into wearing shoes that I like, that fit me perfectly, and that are comfortable. Jeez, my own feet must have bamboozled me!

Thank you for that real life example of being bamboozled. Well done.

And I didn't even pay $125 for them, I am so shameful.

Not shameful. Poor.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    New Balances fall apart in a weird and very uncomfortable way.

Most Nikes I've had have been basketball shoes...which start out way more comfortable than any New Balance ever could, then eventually lose their bounce from days of pounding the black top, but typically remain beyond that as fairly comfortable liesure shoes. I can recall a pair that I had worn the fuck out of and had given up on them for a new pair, only to have one of my roommates start wearing them and continuing to do so for like a year or so...calling them comfortable all the way. Come to think of it, I did the same thing way back in the day with a pair of my friend's original Air Force Ones. He had moved on thinking they were worn out, but I took those things and won an MVP award with them playing on the freshman team at my high school.

Anyway, I'd go with Vans as the best sneakers ever. I still have a pair that I've been treating as "river shoes" for over 15 years now...and they still look pretty good and are as comfortable (with no socks) as ever. I've got a pair of Vans on right now, in fact...of their more recent Airwalk-inspired style...and I love them way more than any New Balances I've ever had. And I used to really think that I liked New Balance.

I'm not riding for New Balance as a brand.

Just the 992s!

(and previous related 900 series)

Them other shits might as well be Reeboks.

I'm not riding for New Balance as a brand.

Just the 992s!

Speaking of which...for the same price, I'd take 6 pairs of these...

You know what's so sad about Reebok? Even their higher end 'real shit' looks bootleg.

• "shit looks bootleg"

I agree, Reebok is one shoe company that I can't get with. Adidas, New Balance, Nike, Puma???tons of heat. Reebok rarely delivers.

"shit looks bootleg"

I agree, Reebok is one shoe company that I can't get with. Adidas, New Balance, Nike, Puma???tons of heat. Reebok rarely delivers.

The only pair of Reeboks I've ever owned are those 20 dollar standards pictured above. I cut my grass in them now.

No wait...back in 8th grade I had a pair of "black Reeboks"...as they were the first from my memory, aside from like British Knights, to start making black leather sneakers, thus making that particular shoe somewhat of a big deal.

Anyone else remember that as such?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    WHAT KIND OF SNEAKERS DOES AMY WINEHOUSE ROCK?

• I used to own a pair of mid, black Iverson IV (? not sure), that I used for black top balling. They fell into the durable, look good on the court category, but I used them only to play in.

I also owned a pair of pumps when I was like 9....haha

• Wow..what a thread.

• WHAT KIND OF SNEAKERS DOES AMY WINEHOUSE ROCK?

Cocaine High(Tops)

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

Looks like any standard sneaker you'd get at Payless. Please don't tell me these are more than $65.

You kidding right?

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    "river shoes"

I'm not at all a Shoe Dude, but I've gotta say "Oh shit!" to "river shoes"--I haven't heard that in the longest! I had some Puma "lake shoes" that ended up the approximate color of a creamsicle (South Carolina, reppurrzent). My man Mike got busted on when he showed up in school in some Cugas--"Dang, my lake shoes are better than those!" After that, I believe he went 0 for 2 with some Stadias.

And where I was living, black-on-black Reeboks were straight cracker style. Dudes with grey upper lips and starter mullets rocked the 'boks with the cutoffs and white slouch socks, maybe a Hog's Breath Saloon tee and some entry-level Oakleys if they were really on their shit. When Beavis and Butthead came out a few years later with them in the tiny black shoes it was, as they say, so funny because it was so true.

I'm ambivalent on New Balance. I see some models that look okay, but then I see some that have that distinct look of surrender, like dudes who wear their watches over their shirt cuffs.

• I'm ambivalent on New Balance. I see some models that look okay, but then I see some that have that distinct look of surrender, like dudes who wear their watches over their shirt cuffs.

you gotta be talking about the all white cross-trainer style joints.

gimme a minute ill find a link..

This will do:

• I rock bally dress shoes, but please to not buy the brand for those wack ass sneakers, look like some corny campers or some shit. It also looks like a case of a "Real head" seemingly confused on their status symbols.

• yeah those bally's are wack but at least dude didn't post up some Sketchers.

I can't stand that shit

yeah those bally's are wack but at least dude didn't post up some Sketchers.

I can't stand that shit

Sketchers are the heaviest (in weight) sneakers known to man. God bless the kids whose parents take the bait of a low price and buy Sketchers for them.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts

• I'm not riding for New Balance as a brand.

Just the 992s!

this is the key here. low-end NBs are garbage. but the 900 series were always comfortable as hell.

• LOL@ this thread.

• I did the same thing way back in the day with a pair of my friend's original Air Force Ones. He had moved on thinking they were worn out, but I took those things and won an MVP award with them playing on the freshman team at my high school.

first, the "original air force ones" are, what, 26 years old? i know your old, but still. were you wearing a pair of shorts that buttoned and did you play with a basketball that had laces?

• saying. 87 >>>>> 95.

I did the same thing way back in the day with a pair of my friend's original Air Force Ones. He had moved on thinking they were worn out, but I took those things and won an MVP award with them playing on the freshman team at my high school.

first, the "original air force ones" are, what, 26 years old? i know your old, but still. were you wearing a pair of shorts that buttoned and did you play with a basketball that had laces?

9th grade was when I had them...which was 85-86. I recall that they had come out as the original $100 basketball shoes only a couple of years before then. There was one dude at Holy Cross, which was the school I went to in New Orleans before moving to Cali, who had a pair and it was a big friggin deal. That's why when my friend in Cali was like, "I"m done with those, you can have them" I became majorly geeked. My parents never would have bought me shoes like that back then.

• the only shoes that ever gave me blisters were my one pair of NBs and so i don't buy them

please to differentiate between little dude NBs and the REAL SCHITT. Thanks in advance.

these are the shit. better looking than that $125 one too.

• Options
    He had moved on thinking they were worn out, but I took those things and won an MVP award with them playing on the freshman team at my high school

Were you a senior at the time?

He had moved on thinking they were worn out, but I took those things and won an MVP award with them playing on the freshman team at my high school

Were you a hateur at the time? Or did that start for you later in life?

• Options

Were you a hateur at the time? Or did that start for you later in life?

Nah Lebron, I learned young.

• He had moved on thinking they were worn out, but I took those things and won an MVP award with them playing on the freshman team at my high school

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    currently rocking

NB - 555
    NB - 574
    NB - 594
    NB - 675

might grab a pair of air max 90's tomorrow though