Best sneakers EVAR

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I've been getting a new pair of these every 2-3 years since 1995. In between I try lots of other sneakers and waste my money. Young folks might laugh, but you'll learn.

• Old White Guy

• what do you know, you old white dude.?..I have learned from soulstrut that proper sneakers need to be raer and ugly as hell, and ridiculous vomit inducing color schemes make them better...fuck your proper gait support and comfort issues, its all about dumb looking sneakers, the dumber, the better....

They are also made in the USA. If they were only vegan, I could take the super-duper moral highground.

Don't front. It's like putting your foot in a vagina.

• what do you know, you old white dude.?..I have learned from soulstrut that proper sneakers need to be raer and ugly as hell, and ridiculous vomit inducing color schemes make them better...fuck your proper gait support and comfort issues, its all about dumb looking sneakers, the dumber, the better....

^^^Bitter.

• I'm currently in the market for a piar of these:

^^^Bitter.

nah, "bitter" implies some sort of regret or anger at "missing the boat"..I was merely stating what I have seen on shoe threads here on the strut, and yes I feel a lot of the shoes dudes sweat on here are ugly as hell IMO...and I knew Fatback would be clowned for his choice and someone would call him "old and white" and guess what? someone did, before I had finished responding...so I would call my assesment "spot on"

what do you know, you old white dude.?..I have learned from soulstrut that proper sneakers need to be raer and ugly as hell, and ridiculous vomit inducing color schemes make them better...fuck your proper gait support and comfort issues, its all about dumb looking sneakers, the dumber, the better....

^^^Bitter.

nah, "bitter" implies some sort of regret or anger at "missing the boat"..I was merely stating what I have seen on shoe threads here on the strut, and yes I feel a lot of the shoes dudes sweat on here are ugly as hell IMO...and I knew Fatback would be clowned for his choice and someone would call him "old and white" and guess what? someone did, before I had finished responding...so I would call my assesment "spot on"

^^^Wears boots in the Summer.

• Looks like any standard sneaker you'd get at Payless. Please don't tell me these are more than $65.

• yo the shape on those adidas are kind of fresh, any other colorways? what's the shoe's name?

I can't hate on New Balance, and I know you are all about the comfort, but there are a gang of NB I'd rather rock than those.

I'd have to go with AirMax 90s, OG Colorway 95s (can't get played out), Air Jordan IIIs, Air Jordan IVs, ACG Wildwoods, and ACG Lava Domes. As you can see I'm a Nike head, but yeah give me a couple of color ways of those plus a pair of Grape/Ice AJV's, I couldn't really ask for anything else (haha well maybe some AM 95s, OG Huarache Runners, etc etc etc)

Those young dude lifestyle sneakers are fine, but they look like they will fall apart fast and that they are not that comfortable.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Only 2-3 years? I've got 6 on these Brooks. They won't give up. Maybe I need to give up and go get some new shoes.

Looks like any standard sneaker you'd get at Payless. Please don't tell me these are more than $65.

$125.

YOU DONT KNOW NOTHIN

Only 2-3 years? I've got 6 on these Brooks. They won't give up. Maybe I need to give up and go get some new shoes.

I can actually smell those. Plaese to delete.

^^^Bitter.

true, but when I wanna wear a sneaker, its New Balance...but everytime I go to Europe, I end up picking up some Adidas, they have cooler styles across the pond...im a throwback and Europe always has some 1976 lookin shit...

• Those young dude lifestyle sneakers are fine, but they look they will fall apart fast and that they are not that confortable.

Young dude lifestyle sneakers that came out 12-20 years ago?

Wouldn't those people be grown ups now?

And if you can sit here and say air max are not comfortable, I have to assume you've never worn a pair, ever. That or you have some oddly mishapen feet!

This thread should be good...

^^^Bitter.

true, but when I wanna wear a sneaker, its New Balance...but everytime I go to Europe, I end up picking up some Adidas, they have cooler styles across the pond...im a throwback and Europe always has some 1976 lookin shit...

The majority of the shoes you are hating on from the other thread are throwback.

• Maybe I need to give up and go get some new shoes.

PLEASE

^^^Bitter.

The majority of the shoes you are hating on from the other thread are throwback.

but not throwbacked far enough

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the only shoes that ever gave me blisters were my one pair of NBs and so i don't buy them

And if you can sit here and say air max are not comfortable, I have to assume you've never worn a pair, ever. That or you have some oddly mishapen feet!

Every pair of Nikes I've evar put on my feet feel like club foot corrective shoes with rocks in them. They also look cheap.

NIKE = WORST SNEAKERS EVAR

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Maybe I need to give up and go get some new shoes.

PLEASE

I work in a mechanic shop. I can't be soiling $100+ shoes on the daily. I always have a pair of pristine white chucks for socializin'.

the only shoes that ever gave me blisters were my one pair of NBs and so i don't buy them

please to differentiate between little dude NBs and the REAL SCHITT. Thanks in advance.

PLEASE

I work in a mechanic shop. I can't be soiling $100+ shoes on the daily. I always have a pair of pristine white chucks for socializin'.

Oh, well that's cool. You should be flossin' the chucks, not the greasey work joints! Haha.

PLEASE

Oh, well that's cool. You should be flossin' the chucks, not the greasey work joints! Haha.

looks like dude should cop some steel toe Roebucks.

• And if you can sit here and say air max are not comfortable, I have to assume you've never worn a pair, ever. That or you have some oddly mishapen feet!

Every pair of Nikes I've evar put on my feet feel like club foot corrective shoes with rocks in them. They also look cheap.

So, oddly mishapen feet it is...

PLEASE

looks like dude should cop some steel toe Roebucks.

Those are "breathing holes". It gets hot in the shop!

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

PLEASE

I felt the quality of these shoes was noteworthy. It might even be 8 years, I've lost track. They've physically held together better than any shoe I've ever owned, and stayed comfortable and supportive for the whole duration. It's only in the last year that the holes appeared.

Not at all. I just prefer quality over whatever factors bamboozled you into thinking Nike was all that.

I'll wear anything but Nike. Shit's a joke.

• And if you can sit here and say air max are not comfortable, I have to assume you've never worn a pair, ever. That or you have some oddly mishapen feet!

Not at all. I just prefer quality over whatever factors bamboozled you into thinking Nike was all that.

I'll wear anything but Nike. Shit's a joke.

I'm waiting for the sweat shop argument...

I was "bamboozled" into wearing shoes that I like, that fit me perfectly, and that are comfortable. Jeez, my own feet must have bamboozled me! And I didn't even pay $125 for them, I am so shameful.