Grand Funk Fuckin Sucks

2»

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    You do realize that they were named after an actual railroad, not after a musical style right? I mean, yeah they suck, but if you're gonna hate, do it for the right reasons.

• You do realize that they were named after an actual railroad, not after a musical style right? I mean, yeah they suck, but if you're gonna hate, do it for the right reasons.

I believe the railroad was the Grand TRUNK[/b] Railroad....

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This record will change your mind. HEAVY POWER TRIO BLUES ROCK... LITTLE BIT OF WHITE BOY FUZZ FUNK TOO.

• This record will change your mind. HEAVY POWER TRIO BLUES ROCK... LITTLE BIT OF WHITE BOY FUZZ FUNK TOO.

In addition to the great hippie epic...

• This record will change your mind. HEAVY POWER TRIO BLUES ROCK... LITTLE BIT OF WHITE BOY FUZZ FUNK TOO.

Very good midwestern hard rock is what it is, and nothing more. Otherwise Grand Funk are about as funk-oriented as Soul Asylum is a soul band.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    This record will change your mind. HEAVY POWER TRIO BLUES ROCK... LITTLE BIT OF WHITE BOY FUZZ FUNK TOO.

In addition to the great hippie epic...

Oh shat! I have heard another Grand Funk song... matter o fact This might even be in my closet somewhere!

• HamHam 872 Posts

how could i forget. aimless lady!

• Most of Grand Funk's albums weren't listenable all the way through, but they were untouchable when they hit their stride. Here's my own Top 10 list of their finest moments (in no order):

"I'm Your Captain" (a/k/a "Closer To Home")
    "Some Kind Of Wonderful"
    "I Ain't Got Nobody"
    "We're An American Band"
    "Footstompin' Music"
    "Rock & Roll Soul"
    "I Want Freedom"
    "Black Licorice"
    "Walk Like A Man"
    "The Railroad"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "Walk Like A Man"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I like the "On Time" LP myself - especially shit
    like "High on a Horse" where dude pretty much invented
    the hair metal vocal style that would rule 15 years later.

• What? How can you down The wild, shirtless lyrics of Mark Farner? The bong-rattling bass of Mel Shocker? The competent drumwork of Don Brewer?

serious - an excellent slice of american/chevy/camaro/pickuptruck/arena-rock awaits thee here:

I dig this album too, but agree that they can be spotty.
    I don't think i've heard any of their recording equal the energy of their live shows. A friend of mine ripped me a bootleg video of them live in Ohio from 1970 that has them goin off:

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

love it

• Shit I've never listened to one grand funk song but I"ve flipped some of there records that were sealed. Who the hell is GRAND FUNK??

Oh yeah they are FONKY at times