Grand Funk Fuckin Sucks

high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
American Band is a such a piece of shit.

Comments

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

great thread.

And for this matter I estimate 78% of songs, albums or groups with "Funk" in the title were neither funk nor funky.

I learned this before I bought my first portable.

• they have 2 good songs, "Sins a Good Mans Brother" and their cover of the Animals "Inside Lookin Out" is cool...but yeah, for the most part...terds

P.S. 45s is finally on the way

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    No, this isn't a "I Just Bought A Record Called Grand Funk And It's Not Funky" post, I'm just sayin.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    What? How can you down The wild, shirtless lyrics of Mark Farner? The bong-rattling bass of Mel Shocker? The competent drumwork of Don Brewer?

• No, this isn't a "I Just Bought A Record Called Grand Funk And It's Not Funky" post, I'm just sayin.

I know. . my post probably came off wrong. I'm laughing because I think they suck ass as well. It would seem to take alot of balls to name your group "Grand Funk" when your a catshit rock group. "Funk Inc." on the other hand...

• I RIDE FOR GRAND FUNK BATCHES

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    They have that one track off "Closer to Home" with the bassline that e and that's about it.

• "DUDE, SOUL STRUT FUCKIN' SUCKS!"[/b]

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I like Loneliest Rider

• I RIDE FOR GRAND FUNK BATCHES

• What? How can you down The wild, shirtless lyrics of Mark Farner? The bong-rattling bass of Mel Shocker? The competent drumwork of Don Brewer?

...and the late-blooming keyboards of Craig Frost!

• Yes, Grand Funk + a stick =

On another note, could Funk Inc. reign supreme as the greatest group with "funk" in their name?

• I ALSO[/b] RIDE FOR GRAND FUNK BATCHES

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    No, this isn't a "I Just Bought A Record Called Grand Funk And It's Not Funky" post, I'm just sayin.

I know. . my post probably came off wrong. I'm laughing because I think they suck ass as well. It would seem to take alot of balls to name your group "Grand Funk" when your a catshit rock group. "Funk Inc." on the other hand...

Honestly I don't know if I've ever heard any other GF songs. I wouldn't be suprised if they did have a good song or two. I mean (for lack of a better example) Al Hirt has a good song. But, my coworker's iTunes was just bumpin American Band and it really hit me making me realize what a bullshit song it actaully is.

• What? How can you down The wild, shirtless lyrics of Mark Farner? The bong-rattling bass of Mel Shocker? The competent drumwork of Don Brewer?

serious - an excellent slice of american/chevy/camaro/pickuptruck/arena-rock awaits thee here:

• that's the version i have, only with a gold cover instead of silver

• Yes, Grand Funk + a stick =

On another note, could Funk Inc. reign supreme as the greatest group with "funk" in their name?

Probably Funkadelic. Though Funk Inc is criminally slept on methinks.

that's the version i have, only with a gold cover instead of silver

yeah mine is the 180g w/ the gold cover as well coped from Tower Records - Reissue.

I return to it regularly.

serious - an excellent slice of american/chevy/camaro/pickuptruck/arena-rock awaits thee here:

I'll admit to liking Grand Funk, but their albums could be really spotty - We're An American Band was the best one, song for song. Includes "Black Licorice," which really does sound like their attempt to sound like Iggy & the Stooges!

• UP ALL NIGHT WITH FREDDY KING![/b]

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    American Band is a such a piece of shit.

Do you even party down?

• HamHam 872 Posts

hell yes. "Limousine Driver" rules! and On Time is a great record as well. haven't heard any other of their records except for the one Frank Zappa is on/produced or whatever wich i agree, sucks.

• Anybody heard those Grand Funk reunion albums from the eighties?

• Funkadelic >>> Grand Funk >>> Funk Inc.

After Farner gave himself over to Jeebus???

After Farner gave himself over to Jeebus???

I don't know when Jesus came into the picture, but Farner and drummer Don Brewer did reform with a different bass player for a couple of albums on the Full Moon label in the early eighties (famous for Dan Fogelberg).

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

but I do like "Nothing Is The Same"

• "Into the Sun" =

• this is rather fonky