Shipping scemes?(EbayR)

E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Okay, so I won a second pair of Nike AF1s Premium Hiroshi Fujiwara on ebay the other day...I get kinda lucky cuz the dollar is low in exchange to the euro, so I end up paying around 60 euros for the shoe. A few hrs later I get the paymentmail from the seller.Shipping from the US to Europe is gonna run me 50 BUCKS now???? What kinda shit is that? I mean I know this aint 12 $ for a record but 50???What a strutter to do? Please advise... I sent a friendly mail already to ask the seller to check with the shipping and get this response
$10 to $20 to ship to Germany? Sorry it runs me $10-$18 just to ship inside the US now. $50 includes packaging and handling since I have to drive 15 miles just to go to a post office to ship international. Here is the link to the shipping breakdown. I always use Global Express. If you don't care how fast your package gets there I can use priority mail for $40.a href="http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10137&M=2&P=4&O=0&sd=1http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10137&M=2&P=4&O=0&sd=1br />
In total this is not really hurting me, I was incredibly busy over the last few months and made some good money this year. However to me this is a principle thing. I know 50 bucks in euros turns out as a pretty doable price. I just dont see the reason for me paying that much for goddamn shipping, its almost the same amount I paid for the sneakers!plaese halp!

Comments

• So there was no shipping quote in the first place or they upped shipping after you won the auction?

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Actual shipping costs on those should be about $25. Certainly no more than $35.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

If the package is 5+ lbs, his quotes are correct, which should be about right for shoes, box+packaging.

• DBADBA 8 Posts
    Okay, so I won a second pair of Nike AF1s Premium Hiroshi Fujiwara on ebay the other day...

I get kinda lucky cuz the dollar is low in exchange to the euro, so I end up paying around 60 euros for the shoe. A few hrs later I get the paymentmail from the seller.
    Shipping from the US to Europe is gonna run me 50 BUCKS now????

What kinda shit is that? I mean I know this aint 12 $ for a record but 50???
    What a strutter to do? Please advise... I sent a friendly mail already to ask the seller to check with the shipping and get this response
    $10 to $20 to ship to Germany? Sorry it runs me $10-$18 just to ship inside the US now. $50 includes packaging and handling since I have to drive 15 miles just to go to a post office to ship international.[/b] Here is the link to the shipping breakdown. I always use Global Express. If you don't care how fast your package gets there I can use priority mail for $40.

In total this is not really hurting me, I was incredibly busy over the last few months and made some good money this year. However to me this is a principle thing. I know 50 bucks in euros turns out as a pretty doable price. I just dont see the reason for me paying that much for goddamn shipping, its almost the same amount I paid for the sneakers!

plaese halp!

How the hell you gonna charge someone for what YOU[/b] the seller, HAS[/b] to do to complete the transaction?? That's like you saying ok, I can pay you, but you have to deduct the cost of the item from the cost of my internet connection which I used to bid on your item, the electricity which powers the CPU that allowed you to use it, and the time it took for you to search for and bid on the item, and use PayPal.

His driving whatever distance to ship has nothing to do with you as a buyer. He could have easily put the shipping price in the auction, or stated no international shipping in the listing.

You can always consult eBay and advise them of excessive shipping.

Tell the seller to G.T.F.O.H.W.T.B.S.

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    this happened to me recently
    a seller was going to charge me 30 pounds to ship
    a record from the uk to aust....
    i was lucky enough that i frined he could send it too in the uk...

live help will direct you to the right place
    but in the end you should have asked the seller how much to ship!!!

sucks i know ..stupid rip off ebay sellers

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

If the package is 5+ lbs, his quotes are correct, which should be about right for shoes, box+packaging.

AF1s weigh 5+ pounds? How them ballers get off the ground?

• Okay, so I won a second pair of Nike AF1s Premium Hiroshi Fujiwara on ebay the other day...

I get kinda lucky cuz the dollar is low in exchange to the euro, so I end up paying around 60 euros for the shoe. A few hrs later I get the paymentmail from the seller.

What a strutter to do? Please advise... I sent a friendly mail already to ask the seller to check with the shipping and get this response
    $10 to $20 to ship to Germany? Sorry it runs me $10-$18 just to ship inside the US now. $50 includes packaging and handling since I have to drive 15 miles just to go to a post office to ship international.[/b] Here is the link to the shipping breakdown. I always use Global Express. If you don't care how fast your package gets there I can use priority mail for $40.

In total this is not really hurting me, I was incredibly busy over the last few months and made some good money this year. However to me this is a principle thing. I know 50 bucks in euros turns out as a pretty doable price. I just dont see the reason for me paying that much for goddamn shipping, its almost the same amount I paid for the sneakers!

plaese halp!

How the hell you gonna charge someone for what YOU[/b] the seller, HAS[/b] to do to complete the transaction?? That's like you saying ok, I can pay you, but you have to deduct the cost of the item from the cost of my internet connection which I used to bid on your item, the electricity which powers the CPU that allowed you to use it, and the time it took for you to search for and bid on the item, and use PayPal.

His driving whatever distance to ship has nothing to do with you as a buyer. He could have easily put the shipping price in the auction, or stated no international shipping in the listing.

It's called shipping & handling[/b] .

$50 is a little steep, though. Most shoes I've sold in Europe have cost around $35 to ship.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    He says he's shipping Global Express.

That shit is EXPENSIVE.

But, you'll have your kicks in like 3 days -
    so that's pretty good, right?

He offered to ship Global Priority for $40, which
    sounds around the right price, too, and will get there
    fast, but not as fast.
    I don't think it's a "sceme" (sic) or a scam.

• Well I checked and the global priority is about 30$ for the weight she put up.
    So I'm paying 10$ for her tankmoney and a box to pack the sneakers in....Well thats by sure not what it costs, however I think this should do the trick.

Yall are probably right. I should have asked for a quote on the sneakers before bidding however this seller has a very high rating and sells nikes and jordans around the globe all the time. So I wasnt really expecting shit like this.

Thanks everyone - cant wait for the sneakers

• DBADBA 8 Posts
    Okay, so I won a second pair of Nike AF1s Premium Hiroshi Fujiwara on ebay the other day...

plaese halp!

It's called shipping & handling[/b] .

$50 is a little steep, though. Most shoes I've sold in Europe have cost around $35 to ship.

This dude wasn't being charged for just handling (ie: shipping box, tape, bubble wrap, etc). He was being charged approx $15.00 for gas money to & from. That makes no sense cause you are gonna have to go to the post office to ship the package. How you get there or what you have to do to get there is not the responsibility of the buyer.