y society (hip hop related)

EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
y society - travel at your own pace ... anyone else gave this a listen ?they at TresRecords

Comments

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Truth be told underground/indy/backback rap makes me feel These days.
    But Y Society is pretty dope. Insight always pulls punches

• I was kinda bored by this. The beats are cool enough (if unsurprising), but the rhyming didn't appeal to me.

• Man they sampled that John Dankworth? Thats kinda wack. shit got reissued and it pops up on everybodies albums. ehhh.

I love that song though. And they did a way better job than madlib did on his version of it.

Hot shit though... I'll definately cop this. Why does everyone hate underground hip hop lately?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    It's a solid album,one of the years best.

• I was kinda bored by this. The beats are cool enough (if unsurprising), but the rhyming didn't appeal to me.

yeah, its aight....

• HamHam 872 Posts
    you can tell Damu is excited about Diggin'?? cause he crams in like at least two loops, breaks or beats after every song. i like that though, the album is great! i can't find it anywhere on vinyl though, whats up?

• Damu is that guy who had all those awesome Youtube clips of him making beats a while back right?

• Sorry to stay on this... did DJ premier sample this with Cee-lo or something as well. That dankworth sample?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Damu is that guy who had all those awesome Youtube clips of him making beats a while back right?

yep

Can't wait to check this album out. I didn't even know they had a project together.

[color:white]paging Thes... [/color]

• Damu is that really that dude. One of the most down to earth cats you will meet in this game. I guess cause he is still young he hasn't gotten jaded yet plus he isn't on that ego shit anyways.

Its funny seeing dude dress up like a black umpaloompa and play beats from his mpc, amp and generator at downtown subway stations.

Dude has records too.

Another talented DC dude who hopefully will be on the comeup soon.

• beats were good, raps..... not so much. I think insight could do good, he just sounds real rushed over the beats, no real shape in his cadence.

• yeah I've been Frickin' with the dizzy 12'' lately, nice disco rap type beat. Dudes beats on youtube are dope but his rapname is terrible

• His beats seem well made and all, but the style seems REAL regressive, all 90's Echo Horns, filtered basslines and it seems like an impression of years gone by rather than someone trying to come with something new.
    Good luck to them though...

• HamHam 872 Posts
    His beats seem well made and all, but the style seems REAL regressive, all 90's Echo Horns, filtered basslines and it seems like an impression of years gone by rather than someone trying to come with something new.
    Good luck to them though...

there's a huge group of people who's into that though. and it's like what the dap-kings and them are doing with funk etc, except for the live part...

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    "In command"

• kemskems 120 Posts
    i'm diggin it. i've always dug what insight did.

• EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
    Never Off - Insight Remix --- u gotta love that shit

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Dope record, best hip-hop record of 2007. I am really feelin this right now.

• Man they sampled that John Dankworth? Thats kinda wack. shit got reissued and it pops up on everybodies albums. ehhh.

I love that song though. And they did a way better job than madlib did on his version of it.

Hot shit though... I'll definately cop this. Why does everyone hate underground hip hop lately?

When did they reish that Dankworth? That's news to me.