The After Love Moment (NRR)

2»

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Duuude, I just saw what you have down for your hobbies. I commend the lady in your life.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Duuude, I just saw what you have down for your hobbies. I commend the lady in your life.

[quickly looks at profile/]

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    The complementarity issue is SO IMPORTANT.

Stacks knows whats really...

Sometimes those things vex you though... but then you learn your mate and adjust so that things settle in... my wife tends to drop trash, clothes, whatever, wherever she goes in the house... I'm right behind bitching but picking things up... my wife only does on thing at a time, I at at least 10... I think it terms of consequences and she is a do what you feel when you feel it and sort it out later person... I just do things that anticipate what she is going to do and things sometimes work out... then there are times when she plans everything out and I go behind her to check only to find that she took care of everything and then I really lose it... I'm like "Why cant you do this all the time instead of when it???s something that you want done right." She keeps me on my toes boy.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Damn Ray... *sniffle*

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    hey, sorry to digress into fart land, didnt mean to diminish the quality of this thread.

big ups to the Stacks and Ray for droppin knowledge about good relationships. im 26 and still a little nervous about the long haul, but i got a rider right now, and things are good, so maybe one day...

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

its a farting game.

My wife bangs out 200 sit-ups a day, its the only time I hear her fart... I however let it roll anytime anyplace...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    The complementarity issue is SO IMPORTANT.

Stacks knows whats really...

Sometimes those things vex you though... but then you learn your mate and adjust so that things settle in... my wife tends to drop trash, clothes, whatever, wherever she goes in the house... I'm right behind bitching but picking things up... my wife only does on thing at a time, I at at least 10... I think it terms of consequences and she is a do what you feel when you feel it and sort it out later person... I just do things that anticipate what she is going to do and things sometimes work out... then there are times when she plans everything out and I go behind her to check only to find that she took care of everything and then I really lose it... I'm like "Why cant you do this all the time instead of when it???s something that you want done right." She keeps me on my toes boy.

Say word!!!! Those little "wife-isms" I like to call them get on your nerves when you first get married (i.e., she leaves chair out all the time, I get mad, want it put back). After a while in the marriage, you learn how to "dance in rhythm" as I put it. At first, she leaves the chair out and I fuss, which equates to dancing off-beat. In time, I just reflexively put the chair back on my own, which keeps the peace (dancin' on-time). My wife can the same about my "isms", such as taking my shoes off in the doorway and leaving them. Over time, my shoes would magically appear in the closet, with no complaints.

I hate the fact that my wife is usually right about things 95% of the time, because she is EXTREMELY pragmatic. The thing is my wife and I are real with each other, so we'll say things that need to be said (despite whether either of us wants to hear it). To my chagrin, I have to own up to the fact that my wife was right about most things she comments about. Arrrrrrrrgghhhhhhhh!!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• when i was in the army we used to do that doorknob shit. i thought it was funny. I had this friend who would sit on my roommate's pillow and be like "safety! safety! safety! safety! safety!" really fast. and its not like he was really farting, but it would drive my roommate INSANE and he would be like "STOOOPPPPPP" and dude would just sit there going "safety! safety! safety! safety! safety!" hahahah. that shit used to make me laugh so hard i would cry.

also, once we watched the vanilla ice movie "cool as ice" on a whim. GREATEST B-MOVIE EVER.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The complementarity issue is SO IMPORTANT. It's great to find a mate that shores up your weak spots and vice-versa. Outside of common values (e.g., integrity, fidelity, religious faith, ambition, etc.), my wife is everything I am not. She is introverted, I'm outgoing. She is meticulous, I'm less so. She's Type A, I'm Type B. So, my wife augments me a great deal by reminding me to do things that my flighty-ass forgets and ensure that bills are done on-time. I, on the other hand, make the calls for various services (e.g., take-out, repairs, etc.) and tell her to chill when she frets over something that's not a big deal. In that way, me and my baby are an unstoppable two-headed dream team.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

WORD Stacks. That's exactly me and my girlfriend right there.

I'm 23 and still pretty young so there's so many temptations out there, ya know??!

QUESTION FOR THE GROWN FOLK[/b]:

Will these temptations somewhat subside once you are married?

one more:[/b]

do you need to hump as often and as many people as possible when you are young to "get it out of your system"?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    The complementarity issue is SO IMPORTANT. It's great to find a mate that shores up your weak spots and vice-versa. Outside of common values (e.g., integrity, fidelity, religious faith, ambition, etc.), my wife is everything I am not. She is introverted, I'm outgoing. She is meticulous, I'm less so. She's Type A, I'm Type B. So, my wife augments me a great deal by reminding me to do things that my flighty-ass forgets and ensure that bills are done on-time. I, on the other hand, make the calls for various services (e.g., take-out, repairs, etc.) and tell her to chill when she frets over something that's not a big deal. In that way, me and my baby are an unstoppable two-headed dream team.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

WORD Stacks. That's exactly me and my girlfriend right there.

I'm 23 and still pretty young so there's so many temptations out there, ya know??!

QUESTION FOR THE GROWN FOLK[/b]:

Will these temptations somewhat subside once you are married?

one more:[/b]

do you need to hump as often and as many people as possible when you are young to "get it out of your system"?

Hey Yuichi,

In all honesty, fidelity is easy!!!! You can be faithful by habit. When you finish work, bring your ass home instead of stopping by bars to pick-up women. Don't hit on women when you're out having a drink. Simple. The work of marriage is that day-to-day grind when life stresses are buggin' you, along with the wife at times. Fuck tuxes, wedding dresses, rings, and rose petals, the realness of marriage is some blue-suit, name-patch shit!!! Remember, marriage means you live with the same woman every day, which can be work!!! There are days she's gotten on your last nerve, but you gotta work that shit out. It's easy when you're dating and living in different cribs, cause you can just bounce. When you're married, you go to separate rooms to cool off, or out to take a drive. But, you gotta get in there and work that shit out when you're married instead of breaking up on some emotional, childish shit like when you're single. Feel me????

As for your second question, gettin' the bonin' out of your system is a personal choice. In my opinion, I don't think ANYONE in their early 20's should get married because they haven't had enough varied experiences. You need to date a variety of women so that you can figure out what you like and dislike. I got married just shy of my 30th birthday, and I had been sick of humpin' dumb bimbos for about 3-4 years. When I hit my mid-20's, I had outgrown the club, pick-up scene. I wanted a real woman, my soulmate that I eventually found and married.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

cool thanks for your reply Stacks! anyone else care to share their thoughts?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Stacks hit it on the head again. The ease of Fidelity though varies from person to person, though. I find that sometimes I miss the superficial thrill of meeting women that I may hit it off with, but it's fleeting, Thank God. But when you are older and married, for me it's the same as missing your care-free college days...I can't help it, sometimes I just resent growing up. But the reality is better than the "what-ifs".

Have fun, but keep your eyes peeled...most of us dudes miss some good women while we are out there sowing our oats.

Have fun, but keep your eyes peeled...most of us dudes miss some good women while we are out there sowing our oats.

So true, superficiality (alone) and marriage make terrible bed fellows. I know cats that married women based mostly on their appearance and they're miserable (and some are divorced). I met some beautiful, emotionally maladjusted women when I was out there. They taught me well that you gotta look both inside and outside when choosing a mate.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Before noon this thread was dead in the water, save for Birdman and noxie!

Now, it's gonna take me all night to read and let these words settle in.

Props!

(It's been a very good day on SoulStrut)

Yuichi - IMO the temptation NEVER goes away. You will always see some girl that seems hotter, different, freakier, cooler, whatever, grass is always greener. But like Big Stacks said (damn hommie you need a call in radio show) you just get out by habit. Don't put yourself in those situations. If your girl is holding it down for you then you should rather be home anyway. If you're feeling like you'd rather be out scoping new chicks, maybe you are not at the right place in your life for a long-term relationship.

Also, whereas at the start of a relationship you might be easily swayed, after a few years it is really easy to turn down new chicks... I mean, wifey holds it down, right? All that nasty shit you talk in bed is true right? OK then. It's easy enough to find a good lay but it's much harder to find a girl that knows you straight up and down (and that makes the sex SO much better). So to me it becomes pretty logical, even though you will always see some chick and be like "i will WORK YOU SON!"

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    It's easy enough to find a good lay but it's much harder to find a girl that knows you straight up and down (and that makes the sex SO much better). So to me it becomes pretty logical, even though you will always see some chick and be like "i will WORK YOU SON!"

JP is just too much!

• Yo sometimes my wife and I are chillin in the bed watching Dragon Ball Z on a saturday night and we are having a pleasant conversation, (yes I am capable of that) and I think to myself "Wow, we are just sitting here enjoying each others company talking about our week and we are just best friends... I really could not just do this with just anyone... what would I be doing if I did not have her? Does she feel the same way?"... then I start feeling lovey dovey... and I thank God that he answered my prayers for a good wife... I didn't get all the things I asked for, I dont even really remember what I asked for, but I got what I needed and some things I didnt know I needed.

I feel fuzzy.

Realness...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yuichi - IMO the temptation NEVER goes away. You will always see some girl that seems hotter, different, freakier, cooler, whatever, grass is always greener. But like Big Stacks said (damn hommie you need a call in radio show) you just get out by habit. Don't put yourself in those situations. If your girl is holding it down for you then you should rather be home anyway. If you're feeling like you'd rather be out scoping new chicks, maybe you are not at the right place in your life for a long-term relationship.

Also, whereas at the start of a relationship you might be easily swayed, after a few years it is really easy to turn down new chicks... I mean, wifey holds it down, right? All that nasty shit you talk in bed is true right? OK then. It's easy enough to find a good lay but it's much harder to find a girl that knows you straight up and down (and that makes the sex SO much better). So to me it becomes pretty logical, even though you will always see some chick and be like "i will WORK YOU SON!"

Translation: stay on top of your wax game.

I am saying. I mean, when the leaves obscure the root, it's time for a trim...

haha. Word paycheck.

Don't put yourself in those situations.

this is VERY logical.