The What are You Getting the Girl for Xmas Thread

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I need some help here on what to get my lady. I know asking this on a record collectro forum is like me going to army surplus for her but hey, I gotta try.Ideas?What you getting your lady?Ladies, what looks good?

Comments

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    No rocks. No way.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

42 oz wine decanter...she's been talking about one for a little while so i'm pretty sure she will love it.

Also i make a mix for her every Christmas called Aunt's & Uncles, which is an inside thing of course. Vol III is in pre-production.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    an apron

A woman belongs in the kitchen.

If my boy got me that and said that...it would be so romantic.

But really, it depends on her interests...what she like? Sometimes getting what you like can be a bonus for the both of you. Do you live together?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

But really, it depends on her interests...what she like? Sometimes getting what you like can be a bonus for the both of you. Do you live together?

yeah, if she likes music buy her a portable tt.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

yeah, if she likes music buy her a portable tt.

hint, paging bozak, paging Mr. BOZAK.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

hint, Paaaaging Bozak...Pagin Mr Boooozak....

• that shit is so classic. "paging mr. herman, mr. herman you have a telephone call at the front desk."

and then the way he always positions himself right in between them.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    an automatic car starter...what can I say my wife's a practical lady...plus she has to commute to work early...

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    an automatic car starter...what can I say my wife's a practical lady...plus she has to commute to work early...

Nice.

Wifey is getting Tickets to see "Wicked" in LA. haven't been. Lady has been dying to see it. + fat, very bougie hotel for a night.

No I can't afford this. student loans. Fuck a starving student...gotta get off the Top Ramen someday...besides, I will get breaded up very soon...

• Unless you already got one, get her a Wii. Hearing from lady folks that they want a Wii. Also read quite a few web sites saying that women are showing huge interest in the Wii and the numerous games geared towards them.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Unless you already got one, get her a Wii. Hearing from lady folks that they want a Wii. Also read quite a few web sites saying that women are showing huge interest in the Wii and the numerous games geared towards them.

$300-$400 cash will get you one of these. Def a good look.

• i'm really bad with gifts. even clothes are hard with this girl, she has one of the most random thrift store styles i've ever seen. i love the what she picks out for herself but i never know what she'll like. i'm thinkin tickets to Wu in minneapolis? yeah probably not, but that'd be easy as hell.

anyone else dating a 20 year old college girl?

• Screen prints are a pretty cool idea i think. You can get them for all sorts of bands at gigposters.com
    These two are from Burlesque, which ThreeCasualMale is associated with... He designed the alphabet print.

http://www.burlesquedesign.com/store.htm

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Unless you already got one, get her a Wii. Hearing from lady folks that they want a Wii. Also read quite a few web sites saying that women are showing huge interest in the Wii and the numerous games geared towards them.

LOL maybe if my girlfriend was 17!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

My 25-year-old gf wants one of these as well. That and some Tom Ford sunglasses. I told her to get me a copy of the Fabulistics on DH. Something tells me only one of us is going to get what we asked for.

• I'm buying the wifey a trip to Japan to buy herself more of these:

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Dope! I just bought that for my kids, and this for myself

So creepy

• Bought my girl an engagement ring yesterday!

• As my lady has a fetish for paper items and clothing, I'm searching out vintage paper doll sets like these: (haven't decided on the "big" gift, though)

• kemskems 120 Posts

This shit is berry nice and is already getting used since we're not spending xmas together.

thats what I got my girl for her birthday this year...fuckers are expensive. I got it for her, only to see it a few days later in pieces. I didnt know folks customized them...she changed her complexion, eyes, all kindsa shit...

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

This shit is berry nice and is already getting used since we're not spending xmas together.

That's one of those practical gifts that my girl could seriously use, actually really needs cause she doesn't know her way around Houston. But I don't think I can get away with giving her something like that, christ sakes, it's functional!

• We have a $20 limit. She got me some PJ's and I'll probably be getting her a gift card at JCrew. Our big gift is a 3-day getaway in Mendocino and then maybe a day in Napa on the way back home. We're splitting the cost on that.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I'm thinking a weekend in Barcelona or Cologne.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

My 25-year-old gf wants one of these as well. That and some Tom Ford sunglasses. I told her to get me a copy of the Fabulistics on DH. Something tells me only one of us is going to get what we asked for.

My 24 year-old girlfriend got me one of these for last Christmas, and she plays it more than I do. Get it "for the house." The parties at my place always end up being wii-bowling parties at some point during the night.

• kemskems 120 Posts

That's one of those practical gifts that my girl could seriously use, actually really needs cause she doesn't know her way around Houston. But I don't think I can get away with giving her something like that, christ sakes, it's functional!

I hear you man, but it's actually what she wanted. Also, i'm directionally retarded so the shit helps me out in a major way when she brings it in my whip. It's so much better than OnStar. That shit is weaksauce for directions.