Gun Owners (NRR)

2»

Comments

• I own a 12 gauge shotgun which resides in Jacksonville, FL. I live in Washington, DC.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    .22s are worthless.

I was under the impression that a .22 pistol is quite popular among professional killers, the principal being that the slug packs enough force to enter the skull, but not enough to leave it, causing the slug to richocet inside the skull, shredding the brain.

22 revolver is perfect for home defense. precise and not messy. and easy to lock up and hide. i also have 12 gauge pump, but i'm getting rid of it. however, there's no denying the effect of the sound of the pump. it would get someone out of your house very quickly and you would not have to shoot them. i don't really roll that way though...break in my house = you dead. sorry.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I have no problem being the owner of a hunting rifle. I have no interest owning an object that's designed for killing people.

So what happens when you shoot a deer, or possibly something even bigger, yet after you track it you discover that the animal isn't quite dead. Do you pop it from point blank range with your rifle? I think not.

Hello handgun.

YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY NOT FROM WISCONSIN!!!!!!

A. slit throat

B. take a few steps back and shoot the skull.

A is the only choice for real hunters.

Fine, but YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY NOT FROM TEXAS because if you're in the sticks and out of nowhere you get rushed by a wild javelina, you're really gonna wish you had your handgun on you.

wild javelina

do those taste good?

.22s are worthless.

I was under the impression that a .22 pistol is quite popular among professional killers, the principal being that the slug packs enough force to enter the skull, but not enough to leave it, causing the slug to richocet inside the skull, shredding the brain.

22 revolver is perfect for home defense. precise and not messy. and easy to lock up and hide. i also have 12 gauge pump, but i'm getting rid of it. however, there's no denying the effect of the sound of the pump. it would get someone out of your house very quickly and you would not have to shoot them. i don't really roll that way though...break in my house = you dead. sorry.

A .22 revolver has no stopping power whatsoever.

wild javelina

do those taste good?

Hells to the yes.

.22s are worthless.

i hope i never have to find out.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    at the moment, i gots two 9's a 45, a shotgun, a 38 & a 22 for old times sake...

geez i hate to be around you when a bad trade goes down..
    seriously thou this thread is morbid!!!

based on your ignorance i dont think you have to worry bout being around me...
    ahhh ever you are in need of some therapy...

man i cant belive openly you guys talk about guns this shit is sickining.

I can't believe you're openly acting like such a nervous nelly. No one is talking about murdering people (except Fatback, but that's no different than his posts in any other thread). I like guns for target practice... that's my therapy.

.22s are worthless.

i hope i never have to find out.

Same here. But if it does and your .22 is what you wind up in hand, plan to fire multiple shots.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    at the moment, i gots two 9's a 45, a shotgun, a 38 & a 22 for old times sake...

I'm sorry, friend, but those are the words of an ignorant person. I live in a town where rifles are commonplace. In the three years I've been here I don't think there's been one murder.

There is nothing inherently "sickening" about firearms, unless you object to killing anything, in which case I expect you're a vegan living in a city, free from any animal-based products and meaningful contact with an Inuit or anyone else whose culture (and sometimes survival) is premised on killing animals. If that's so, please keep your extremist opinions to yourself.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

therapy? i think since you like to keep things in the closet, you actually might be the one in need of therapy...

I actually Agreed with Dude,

Anyone who owns a Gun needs to be taken out and shot!

That would be wildly offensive if it wasn't so absurd. At least if you said gun owners should be clubbed or stoned or burned at the stake it would be a little more reasonable.

I can't believe you're openly acting like such a nervous nelly. No one is talking about murdering people (except Fatback, but that's no different than his posts in any other thread). I like guns for target practice... that's my therapy.

How is shooting someone who breaks into your home murder?

• Options

therapy? i think since you like to keep things in the closet, you actually might be the one in need of therapy...

Uhhh, no. People have a right to protect their family and property. You could be in a responsible gun owners home a thousand times without knowing he/she had a gun on the property.

This is an argument that will go on until the end of time.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Gateway shooting?

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    wild javelina

do those taste good?

Very good

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

How is shooting someone who breaks into your home murder?

I was just going for the easy joke.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    If I find time to take the exam, I plan on buying a 22 rifle so I can shoot at cans. That's what you do in New Brunswick.

Word upp, shooting cans is what I came up on...in Nova Scotia. First with the pellet gun, then the .22 when I got older.

high school rifle club baby!

EAST COAST!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

Uhhh, no. People have a right to protect their family and property. You could be in a responsible gun owners home a thousand times without knowing he/she had a gun on the property.

This is an argument that will go on until the end of time.

Danno and Sween,

I was kidding. I thought the miss use of "Agreed" would have made it obvious.
    Bad joke, my apologies. I am all for the right to own a gun. Sorry if I offended any gun owners. My experience with guns has been slight, but I know my dad made many a trip to the pawn shop to hawk or un-hawk his rifles when I was growing up. He eventually lost the one his dad had given him which is still rather depressing to think about.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Yeah that is a pretty strong statement...but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Every life is a different story, and we have to keep in mind, "we just don't know their life!"

It is a right...BUT, I will never own one. I spend too much money on music

.22s are worthless.

tell that to my dead homie, 1 shot from a 22 hit him in the back, spun up into his neck & well, the rest is history...

Point taken...sorry to hear about that.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Never.

• sbonesbone 144 Posts

That would be wildly offensive if it wasn't so absurd. At least if you said gun owners should be clubbed or stoned or burned at the stake it would be a little more reasonable.

so you dont think owing six guns is a bit extreme???
    ignorant or not once you take someone/somethings life you never can never get it back my friend is that something you want to live with for the rest of your life ?

• Guns don't kill people, I kill people. F**K guns! A true killer would use a knife. Nothing like a blade slipping in between the ribs with a upward jab. The best part is feeling the victim's last breath on your face. Real personal like. None of this distance between the key players shit. See their life drain out, up close!

• "AK-47, assault rifle
    Hold the fifty, I'm nifty, pow
    I gotta new style(thugged out in a fitted,Jordan/Magic jacket, and Jordan V's), "WATCH OUT NOW!"

btw, this photo is old! I promise.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Take Back the Night-minded, Law Degree Holding, Rocking Chair Reclining, Shoes Off With Cat at My Feeting, Vamp Nail Polishing, Dare You To Call Me A Bitch-ing, Riot Grrrl Desert Eagle Full Clip Clutching Gun Owner:

"I Got A Body On The Gun"[/b]